Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Re: Will Pau make the all-star team? 

Post#21 » by Erik Eleven » Fri Dec 5, 2008 9:38 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:EE dusted off and broke out the Meow Ming! lol

Rocket fans- "prepare to unleash hell!!!!!!!!!!!"

That didn't go over too well last time, did it? :lol: What sucked about it was that I wanted to keep the peace intact by posting something preventative on their board, then someone over there saw that I had called him Meow Ming over here, and all hell broke lose... PMs from their mods etc. I was rather green as a mod at the time. :lol:

Yao seems to be a great person and a hard worker and he's obviously a great talent, but just like every other season I've watched him play, I just have to question if he'll make it healthy through the ASB. His entire being screams "fragile, handle with care, this side up, breakable goods". It sucks for him and them. We'll see how he fares this year. I hope we get to see him healthy in the WCF when we beat the Rockets.
aroba
Senior
And1: 43

Post#22 » by aroba » Sat Dec 6, 2008 7:51 pm

He should :roll:
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#23 » by realfung » Sat Dec 6, 2008 11:09 pm

Gasol should be in.
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#24 » by The Skyhook » Sat Dec 6, 2008 11:42 pm

I have been voting Bynum Kobe and Gasol everyday. I hope every other Laker fan is doing the same =)
shobe_81
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 0

Post#25 » by shobe_81 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 11:47 pm

Erik Eleven wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:EE dusted off and broke out the Meow Ming! lol

Rocket fans- "prepare to unleash hell!!!!!!!!!!!"

That didn't go over too well last time, did it? :lol: What sucked about it was that I wanted to keep the peace intact by posting something preventative on their board, then someone over there saw that I had called him Meow Ming over here, and all hell broke lose... PMs from their mods etc. I was rather green as a mod at the time. :lol:

Yao seems to be a great person and a hard worker and he's obviously a great talent, but just like every other season I've watched him play, I just have to question if he'll make it healthy through the ASB. His entire being screams "fragile, handle with care, this side up, breakable goods". It sucks for him and them. We'll see how he fares this year. I hope we get to see him healthy in the WCF when we beat the Rockets.

LOL that's funny :lol:
truelakerlover
Freshman

Post#26 » by truelakerlover » Mon Dec 8, 2008 9:24 pm

Starting 5 will be:
CP3
Kobe
Melo
Amare
Yao

Then there's: Nash, Billups, Roy, Duncan, and Dirk who I think are guaranteed spots.

So that means that the last 2 spots are between: Gasol, Boozer, Deron Williams, Ginobilli, Tony Parker, and Al Jefferson.

Ginobilli, Parker, DWill, and Boozer have missed substantial time this season and Al's team sucks so that helps Gasol's chances but we all know that a player's hype influences the all-star selection so who knows..
truelakerlover
Freshman

Post#27 » by truelakerlover » Mon Dec 8, 2008 9:34 pm

iki4life wrote:and i think shaq will sneak in this year, due to phoenix

no way.. they could move the all-star game to shaq's backyard and he still wouldn't make the cut..
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#28 » by Chubby Chaser » Tue Dec 9, 2008 11:10 am

Pau should get in. You know what? I don't think Pau gets nearly enough credit for our successes since the trade. I think Kobe receives most of the credit, but Pau is a major reason why we're winning at such a high clip. When he's in, he just makes our offense so potent. He moves the ball very well, and shoots at a high percentage. Good things happen when he's on the floor and is the main reason why we're enjoying great successes. But I guess that that's what happens when you got Kobe on your team. It's only fair though I guess. I mean if we lose, everyone blames Kobe. So if we're winning, the credit should go to him also.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers