Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: #20: 12/9 - Sacramento Kings vs. LA Lakers. 7:00pm 

Post#201 » by Smills91 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:56 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:
Smills91 wrote:
dcash4 wrote:i'm glad i missed this one. heard shaq isn't suiting up tomorrow, anyone else? i think it was espn.

You missed a dandy.
Post what you really wanted to post................Kings fan, I scanned your board after the game. This is what you really think.

Smills91 wrote:Damn that's NICE....SOOOOOOOOO NICE. Beat those bastards!!!! That W seriously erases like 10 losses..
Don't gloat on our board, come like a man and say what you have to say cause if not I'll find what you said.

Smills91 wrote:Don't try to bring that civil respectful garbage in here! This is WAR and always will be against the Lakers!
This is how you responded to imworthy, who's one of the coolest cats here and has no problem giving props to other teams when they beat us. Very classy my man.

See I put these here cause I know your going to look here even if you don't post another word here.

Why would I come here to GLOAT of all things? I was just tellin Dcash he missed a good game. You come to the Kings board, sure I'l gloat there. And what wrong with some good old fashion ribbing if you come to my board.

I'm also on the record of saying if the Kngs go 9-73 this year with those three remaining wins against the Lakers as the most successful season in Kings history.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,565

Post#202 » by hermes » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:04 pm

we lost? what happened, don't have time to read the thread
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#203 » by semi-sentient » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:35 pm

Kobay wrote:once again lakers lose to another pick and roll jump shooting center team.

Cavs and Boston are like that too. We have no chance fixing that unless we get players that are able to stay in front of their man wjhen our bigs are drawn out of the paint.

we have no pg that can defend, we dont have an sf that can defend and shoot to spread the floor.

I don't see why we don't put Gasol on bigs that are more perimeter oriented. If we faced the Cavs, I'd rather have Gasol on Igs than Bynum, for example. What do we lose by doing that? Against the Celtics, I think we're fine up front as I don't recall Perkins being much of an outside threat.

The PG situation is a complete mess. Fisher and Farmar are just flat out terrible this year, particularly on the defensive end. I'm not sure if we as a team can play any kind of consistent defense until they learn to stay in front of their man or get through screens better. We're essentially playing 4 on 5 on defense the entire game. It's ridiculous.

They need to get it together soon because I damn sure don't want to spend my Christmas Day in a bad mood.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#204 » by semi-sentient » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:40 pm

Smills91 wrote:I'm also on the record of saying if the Kngs go 9-73 this year with those three remaining wins against the Lakers as the most successful season in Kings history.

That would be the most successful season in Kings history? Awesome.

We play for championships, yo.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
kevin_405
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#205 » by kevin_405 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:11 pm

How many people saw the poor rotations on defense.. Kobe was trying to push John Salmon to the baseline while no help was coming giving him easy dunks..
Our defense is a joke and can be compared with the worst teams in the eastern conf...
Both Kobe and Ariza want to roam.. It made lead to some steals.. but at the same time a lot of open shots are give up.. Defense is about discipline which the coaching staff has failed to introduce..

On offence Poor spacing between Gasol and Bynum was clogging the lane.. Both Gasol and Bynum are more confortable close which is a major problem for us..

Both the points are much repeated stories in a number of games ... Can we get to the finals playing like this may be especially with a weaker West .. can we win the championship no way.. home court will count for zilch if we play like this...
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#206 » by TonyMontana » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:26 pm

dcash4 wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:
dcash4 wrote:
ha, yeah, i'm going to stop being the one that creates gt's when there is only a few hours left before game time. :P
Naaa, somebody gotta do it so far it's only been you, myself and anklebreaker702 who have made the most GT's. I guess we're the front line.............we need a GT bench ! :D

just checked, i made the pistons/pacers and now this thread. i'm done :rofl:

Dammmmmmmmm D.C.
Its a good thing Im doing the Christmas G.T.
SHLEPROCK..............lollllllllllllll
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#207 » by Erik Eleven » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:05 pm

aroba wrote:Jeez, we really needed Posey!

Yeah. Like some of us tried to stress. :banghead:
b shaw20
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#208 » by b shaw20 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:19 pm

hermes wrote:we lost? what happened, don't have time to read the thread

...ole!
..... matador!! You get the idea. A brokeback mountain type game.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#209 » by semi-sentient » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:32 pm

aroba wrote:Jeez, we really needed Posey!

While I don't disagree that we should have gone after Posey, I don't think he would solve our problems. PG's are not keeping their guys in check (at all) and our defense in general is just not clicking. How we managed to play so well in the 1st 10 games is beyond me. I'm beginning to think it had more to do with other teams just not having chemistry that early in the season instead of us playing stellar defense. Whoever pointed out the poor rotations earlier is absolutely right. Our perimeter guys are trying to funnel guys to a certain spot but no one is there to pick them up. I'm willing to bet that even Posey would look like a poor defender on this squad.

The way I see it, this is a coaching issue at the moment and bringing in an experienced defensive coach would probably do wonders. Phil Jackson has to understand that he doesn't have anyone on the team that plays Jordan/Pippen/Rodman caliber defense, so just expecting these guys to be a solid defensive unit with a 2nd hand defensive coach (and that's putting it lightly) isn't realistic.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#210 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:37 pm

Smills91 wrote:
Why would I come here to GLOAT of all things? I was just tellin Dcash he missed a good game. You come to the Kings board, sure I'll gloat there. And what wrong with some good old fashion ribbing if you come to my board.

I'm also on the record of saying if the Kings go 9-73 this year with those three remaining wins against the Lakers as the most successful season in Kings history.
That's the thing.............I don't post on the Kings board. Thing is you failed to explain your why you dissed one of our guys for just giving props to your squad. But what ever................enjoy the win.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#211 » by lakersfanatic » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:49 pm

&*&*(&$% - that's all i can say.

Just horrible.. but..

Go Lakers!
CHIMOCHI
Starter
And1: 2

Post#212 » by CHIMOCHI » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:04 pm

kevin_405 wrote:How many people saw the poor rotations on defense.. Kobe was trying to push John Salmon to the baseline while no help was coming giving him easy dunks..
Our defense is a joke and can be compared with the worst teams in the eastern conf...
Both Kobe and Ariza want to roam.. It made lead to some steals.. but at the same time a lot of open shots are give up.. Defense is about discipline which the coaching staff has failed to introduce..

yeah exactly, even phil jackson called them out on it(well mostly kobe)
Lakers coach Phil Jackson said four of his players - Bryant, Lamar Odom , Jordan Farmar , Trevor Ariza - have a competition going to see who can accumulate the most steals this season. Jackson isn't necessarily thrilled, noting that Bryant sometimes ''comes away empty-handed, which compromises our defense.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basket ... Type=recap
u mad?
what would jack bauer do?
Veteran
And1: 295

Post#213 » by what would jack bauer do? » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:31 pm

Phil needs to seriously tweak our defense. As it is we're going to get demolished in the playoffs. There has to be another option to our defense man.... I can't watch this sh** anymore. I mean can't we effin go from one defense where we try and force the ballhandler into more defenders (and play the passing lanes :banghead: )like we do now... and another defense where we focus on staying in front of our man and if they beat us then we load up on the ball handler (basically Boston's defense). I mean hell every team has a full press, why can't we have another option. I'm sick of our defense getting completely picked apart without making any damn adjustments. Screw you Phil.

Funny thing is the defense we play right now works well with Bynum playing... but when we don't play Drew it looks like utter garbage. We can't depend on one player that much to protect the basket for us... Phil needs to seriously sit down with the coaching staff and plan something new out for our players. Cause last night the basic principle of our defense didn't work... and the glaring weakness from the beginning (guarding 3pt shooters) was still exposed.
nonplayerzealot
Banned User

Post#214 » by nonplayerzealot » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:34 pm

semi-sentient wrote:
Smills91 wrote:I'm also on the record of saying if the Kngs go 9-73 this year with those three remaining wins against the Lakers as the most successful season in Kings history.

That would be the most successful season in Kings history? Awesome.

We play for championships, yo.

Smills91, congrats for your team's win. Our Lakers play like bitches against Sac more often than not and some of us haven't accepted that shame yet. Losing in upsets via complacency is a not-so-special trait exhibited by this franchise for this entire decade. They deserved to get clowned, especially considering that they were forewarned that Sac plays us w/ loads of energy. LA also knows that they get burned by quick points and jumpshooting bigs. They didn't care to feel threatened by any of that. You should be proud of your team taking advantage.

Paste this at your board and feel free to gloat over it if you wish. The Lakers are too soft in various areas to be this overconfident.
nonplayerzealot
Banned User

Post#215 » by nonplayerzealot » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:43 pm

ReaListik wrote:This proves one thing, it's going to be beyond hard to get home court advantage for the post-season from the Celtics. They play defense from the moment they step out of their cars in the parking lot. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they practice playing defense against each other as they're walking around the locker room area. The Lakers have spurts of it, but that needs to change pretty soon in order for them to get the best record in the league.

Do you know what's going to feel even dirtier than losing to the Celtics last year?

THIS TIME, a lot of us will admit begrudging respect to them, and how they approach games mentally, and how they beat LA w/ less overall talent. Very unpleasant thought. People talk about Phil not giving a **** anymore. That's probably part of it, but few will admit that Kobe doesn't either. If he did, he wouldn't dribble clocks down and chuck up horrible shots over tight defense. He came back into the game during he 2nd quarter last night making that stupid shoulder-shrugging look with that half-smirk as if he were amused that LA had already dug themselves a hole.
tayzer
Junior
And1: 1

Post#216 » by tayzer » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:34 am

Lakers defense is cr2p, they need to get a defensive coach to teach them how to trap and rotate.

I don't understand how other teams can defend Kobe so well, but Lakers can't even defend scrubs.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers