ImageImageImageImageImage

Move bynum to 2nd unit...

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

kevin_405
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Move bynum to 2nd unit... 

Post#1 » by kevin_405 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:22 am

Phil made some good changes in the starting lineup in the last 2 games and the differnce is showing up in defence and ball movement.. the only weak spot now is Andrew Bynum in the starting lineup..

We need to switch to Lamar or Josh Powell with starting unit.. and move Bynum to with the 2nd unit..

Bynum makes a lot of stupid fouls.. does not move his feet well.. This guy deserves to be benched..
I think we overpaid him for 11 million a year..
B-Scott
Head Coach
And1: 94

Re: Move bynum to 2nd unit... 

Post#2 » by B-Scott » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:31 am

I completely disagree. I think Bynum is playing very well. I admit he needs to step it up on the defensive end though. Id like to see Phil give Bynum, Gasol, Lamar a shot.

Can he at least try it?
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#3 » by LLcoleJ » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:57 am

I disagree. Bynum is vital to our first unit and has been playing well. He needs to work on things as all youngsters do, but to move him? nah..no way, silly.

On the Bynum-Gasol-Odom combo... I dont see why we do that. We need shooters and Lamar has been a great second unit leader. However, I see that combo in the game at times as Bynum improves and gets more crunch time minutes. At the end of the day, you want your best 5 in at the end of the game, not so important in the first part, if you have a deep team like the Lakers.

The Lakers are a work in progress thats for sure, but changes need to be subtle with their changes, not knee-jerky.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
AceFresh
Senior
And1: 3

Post#4 » by AceFresh » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:25 am

No, this isn't the Answer
Warhammer3025
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Warhammer3025 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:42 am

Bynum needs to stop being a damn ballhog. He forces up too many bad shots and he passes extremely poorly out of double teams due to being too offensive minded. He definitely should be relagated to the 2nd unit until he realizes that his 1st priority is DEFENSE. We got enough inside scoring with Pau and Kobe posting up.
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#6 » by slifersd » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:46 am

If we even want to win a championship this year at all, Bynum has to be in the starting lineup at all times. We already tried that Odom and Gasol combo last year and it clearly didn't put us over the top against Boston. Bynum's size, strength and low post skills can potentially elevate us over Boston, provided of course if we improve our defense tremendously.
ReaListik
Freshman

Post#7 » by ReaListik » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:21 am

Bynum's doing well, but he needs to continue to improve his game throughout the season if the Lakers are to beat Boston. In this offense he doesn't need to score as much, but he does need to get extremely aggressive and physical both on D and rebounding. Right now, he's doing alright but he could be a lot better.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#8 » by TylersLakers » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:37 am

I was thinking the idea wouldn't be so bad, but then you started to proceed on bashing Drew, which is ridiculous. Sure, he needs to improve in certain areas, but to say we overpaid, he needs to be benched, etc. That's a little harsh.

I agree with B-Scott. Can't he at least try it for a stretch and see what happens?

When Kobe goes to the bench, I think that would be great to have.

PG: Fisher
SG: Sasha Vujacic
SF: Lamar Odom
PF: Pau Gasol
C: Andrew Bynum

Shooters in Fisher and Sasha if they clog up the paint. The lineup we have now.. think, Luke Walton isn't a shooter and the offense has been doing well.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#9 » by Anklebreaker702 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:44 am

kevin_405 wrote:Phil made some good changes in the starting lineup in the last 2 games and the differnce is showing up in defence and ball movement.. the only weak spot now is Andrew Bynum in the starting lineup..

We need to switch to Lamar or Josh Powell with starting unit.. and move Bynum to with the 2nd unit..

Bynum makes a lot of stupid fouls.. does not move his feet well.. This guy deserves to be benched..
I think we overpaid him for 11 million a year..
This sounds like Lamar Odom to me
VETERAN LAKER FAN
kevin_405
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#10 » by kevin_405 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:40 pm

If Bynum improves his understanding of the game no doubt we could start him.. but where things stand he is a liability. He does not understand when to take a offensive shot. when to step in to take charge...

He will take a couple of seasons before he starts to understand these things.. So this year is not the year to start him...

And yes 11 million is a bit too much for a Work in progress player..
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#11 » by Erik Eleven » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:10 pm

He just needs some time. Soon enough, the game will slow down for him and he'll play like he did last year before he went down. How quickly fans forget. We should start our five best defensive player. Bynum is our best defensive center — like it or not. There's still a long time to go until June. Patience.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,564

Post#12 » by hermes » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:24 pm

TylersLakers wrote:I was thinking the idea wouldn't be so bad, but then you started to proceed on bashing Drew, which is ridiculous. Sure, he needs to improve in certain areas, but to say we overpaid, he needs to be benched, etc. That's a little harsh.

I agree with B-Scott. Can't he at least try it for a stretch and see what happens?

When Kobe goes to the bench, I think that would be great to have.

PG: Fisher
SG: Sasha Vujacic
SF: Lamar Odom
PF: Pau Gasol
C: Andrew Bynum

Shooters in Fisher and Sasha if they clog up the paint. The lineup we have now.. think, Luke Walton isn't a shooter and the offense has been doing well.

good call bench Kobe, dude ain't any good, his MVP year is behind him :)
shobe_81
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#13 » by shobe_81 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:05 pm

Hermes, Tyler said when Kobe goes to the bench, not that we should bench him from the starting line-up :D
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,564

Post#14 » by hermes » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:26 pm

sure......watch this and then we'll see how you feel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODu888i1 ... re=related
mr-EEE
Sophomore

Post#15 » by mr-EEE » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:20 pm

I really think kobe should be on the bench because he can do a spark with 20 to 21 minutes. FACE IT GUYS HES OLD
"to be the man, you got to beat the man" -RICK FOX (3 Time NBA Champion)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers