ImageImageImageImageImage

Question from the Bulls Board

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Deepness5134
Analyst
And1: 58

Question from the Bulls Board 

Post#1 » by Deepness5134 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:10 am

Hey guys...I was just wondering what your opinions of bynum are this season. I haven't been following you guys all that much (except for todays xmas win against the celts - congrats on that btw). I feel as if bynum has been disappointing this season. Just a ponder thats all.
Add me! https://twitter.com/GDaul" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Re: Question from the Bulls Board 

Post#2 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:34 am

I wouldn't say disappointed, but he still trying to get his legs back.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#3 » by laduane1 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:39 am

I think some are forgetting he is just 21 years old. Did not play a lot of games in high school, missed a lot of games last season, came to the NBA without and college games. Did not have that playoff push in him. Some think he is the next Shaq or Duncan. Give him time and playing games just can not be missed.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,675

Post#4 » by dockingsched » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:41 am

if bynum was playing with the same explosiveness he showed last season, it would be easier to judge him. right now, he looks a step slow.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#5 » by MAMBAEMD » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:49 am

He is not where he was last year when he got injured but he is a double-double threat every game and a shot blocker.
I would not say he is a disappointment at all. He is playing on a team that has Kobe and another 7 footer in Gasol. He is not going to get tons of shots.
I'd like to see him improve on his footwork on defense and consistently get 10 rebounds a game. That is what this team needs from him. Not scoring.
Formerly lakerRD
shobe_81
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 0

Post#6 » by shobe_81 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:52 am

If Bynum uses his head as often as his Physical play, he'd be a double-double every night.

He's too young to really judge how great will/can be.
AceFresh
Senior
And1: 3

Post#7 » by AceFresh » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:58 am

Unless you're giving a package with derrick rose..

then sorry,EDIT: Are you Serious?.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#8 » by Jajwanda » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:00 am

He didn't ask for a trade he asked a damn **** question. Show some **** class. We're not Boston fans here.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#9 » by crazyeights » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:41 am

:lol:

Jajwanda, you're either oblivious to irony or you're the funniest guy on the board.

Don't spoil the suspense.
triplethreatt
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#10 » by triplethreatt » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:21 pm

Jajwanda wrote:He didn't ask for a trade he asked a damn **** question. Show some **** class. We're not Boston fans here.

It was a pretty transparent question asking essentially about Bynum's availability in the minds of Lakers fans. Of course, if that question was asked on the ESPN Lakers board, he would have gotten extreme answers from both sides.
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#11 » by Erik Eleven » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:59 pm

I think Bynum will be back to pre-injury form sometime in January. He's just starting to gain momentum.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#12 » by TonyMontana » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:24 pm

I think he has a lot of work ahead of himself to improve, but I think he did just fine last night against the Cs.
He got his blocks and points and his presence on the floor made the Cs alter a lot of shots.
So as far as me I give him a B+ for yesterdays effort and hopefully he can take that game and see which areas he needs to improve on.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#13 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:36 pm

TonyMontana wrote:I think he has a lot of work ahead of himself to improve, but I think he did just fine last night against the Cs.
He got his blocks and points and his presence on the floor made the Cs alter a lot of shots.
So as far as me I give him a B+ for yesterdays effort and hopefully he can take that game and see which areas he needs to improve on.

exactly. he did what he was supposed to do. make some sort of impact. an interior difference! we did not have that without him. heres his numbers.

7rebounds
2 blocks
9 points

now get stronger healthwise, improve his game during the course of the year, and extend these numbers to only a few more "CONSISTENTLY" . . . and we can turn this thing into a dynasty.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#14 » by Dr Aki » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:58 am

stats dont show it but hes doing exactly what Phil and the coaching staff have asked him to do...

concentrate on defense and rebounding

admittedly, since playing with gasol, he hasnt been receiving the alley oop passes down and low and he isnt forcing his way into deep position, which is what all great centers do...

right now, bynum probably thinks that they arent looking for him as often as they should, and subsequently, his effort as dropped...

again, its some chicken-egg scenario, bynum would get better with meaningful touches, but lakers arent giving them to him

it also seems that oppositions are more aware of bynum and is getting boxed out much better than last season, leading to fewer highlight reel offensive rebounds and putbacks...
lakeshow248
Senior
And1: 1

Post#15 » by lakeshow248 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:25 am

I think Andrew is fine, but his bone spur in his foot has limited him somewhat with the explosion and I think the other part is the Pau factor, in which he is not getting the 15 touches a game in which he can work back to the basket. That being said Phil is not the type of coach to let a 21 year old player dictate how he's offense is run. This is not Shaq he is catering to. The message to Bynum has been rebound, and stop the layups at the rim.

However by the time Bynum is 25 he will have the keys to drive this car and I think right now Bynum is hoping for the keys to early and sometimes he gets a little over zealous w/ wanting to do too much.

With in 4 years Bynum is a 20 and 10 guy easy.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#16 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:08 am

Truth be told we're not even a year from his injury (Jan. 13th,08) so to even be back on the court is a testament to his will to rehab and get right just to play again. I think the thing is the minute he said he wanted to be a 20-10 guy people jump on that like ants to sugar. Drew is giving us exactly what is needed for now. All I want from him is at least 11-13 board a night.........everything else is gravy.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers