ImageImageImageImageImage

ANY OPTIONS AT PG?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

redoctober9
Ballboy
And1: 0

ANY OPTIONS AT PG? 

Post#1 » by redoctober9 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:16 pm

hi lakers fellow lakers fanatics, just have a question for us to ponder on? now that jordan farmar will be out for 8 weeks whom we are going to if FISH needs some rest? yeah PHIL is now back to playing SASHA at the point forward spot with KOBE bringing the ball upfront but we surely needed a natural PG badly. sure the names of DICKAU, WILLIAMS and some others are in the hotlist but are we lock in to it? i guess mitch ought to do his shopping now cause 8 weeks a long period of time....
triplethreatt
Sophomore

Re: ANY OPTIONS AT PG? 

Post#2 » by triplethreatt » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:16 pm

Former Lakers Tyronn Lue (buried on the depth chart for the Bucks) and Jannero Pargo (Russia) have been mentioned as options, as well as Dan Dickau and Eddie Gill. Marbury has been mentioned as well (not by the Lakers themselves though), but he won't be bought out until at least some time in January, and the Lakers may not want to wait that long. I hope their success against the Celtics (who also don't have a true backup PG) doesn't postpone a move.
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#3 » by laduane1 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:52 pm

Crittion was traded, to bad we did not go for him. Will Sue will ever play, he is listed as a point guard.
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by DubaLakers » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:36 pm

Who is williams?
FutureDynasty
Junior

Post#5 » by FutureDynasty » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:59 pm

ShowtimeFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 63

Post#6 » by ShowtimeFan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:57 pm

Earl Boykins anyone?
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,566

Post#7 » by hermes » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:17 pm

according to the other thread we're getting Lue
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#8 » by Dexmor » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:21 am

I hate to say I told you so on Sun Yue.
Although im still not sure if you clowns were kidding or not about the Sun thing.
Marcus Williams would be a great option because he actually has some potential to.
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#9 » by Erik Eleven » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:35 am

Dexmor wrote:I hate to say I told you so on Sun Yue.

What? Is his career over already? One bad game, that's it?

Dexmor wrote:Although im still not sure if you clowns were kidding or not about the Sun thing.

Way to insult the whole board. Classy.

Dexmor wrote:Marcus Williams would be a great option because he actually has some potential to.

"to..." what?
lakeshow248
Senior
And1: 1

Post#10 » by lakeshow248 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:36 am

I think the Lakers' will look for a PG that can hit the open J, I don't think Marcus Williams fits that mold. He has a career fg% of under 40% and a career 3 pt % of .326. As well I think the Lakers' are looking for a veteran who can log 20 plus minutes.
joe.linnen
Banned User

Post#11 » by joe.linnen » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:44 am

Dexmor wrote:I hate to say I told you so on Sun Yue.
Although im still not sure if you clowns were kidding or not about the Sun thing.
Marcus Williams would be a great option because he actually has some potential to.

I'm incline to agree with you on Marcus Willaims, he is a nice point guar and would fit well into our second unit. He looks to set up players first, its very rear to fina point guard like that. Nw hat I don't agree with is you calling everyone on this board a clown, wer a family here and we will treat each other with respect. By you doing that your giving the outsiders(non Laker fans) te right to come on our board and disrespect up in our own house. we can not allow that to happen, a house with no order is a mess and out board mods have enough to deal with already with outsiders so lets not add on to their work load thanks.

V/r Joe Linnen

Lakers:
SF:Walon/Ariza.Radmanovic
PF:Gasol/Odom/Powell
C:Bynum/Mihm/DJ
SG:Bryant/Vujacic/Sun
PG:Fisher/Williams/Farmar

That is a really deep team and what makes it better is that many player can play more than one position.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#12 » by Dr Aki » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:12 pm

i also mentioned about sun that all it took was an inury to any of our guards and BOOM, sun's sitting on the bench waiting for garbage time...

that said, lakers FO arent into making rash decisions, we're more likely to stand pat and wait for farmar to return to action before deciding whether we need more help at the point

especially now that sasha, lamar, maybe even luke and ariza may see some time initiating the triangle

until farmar returns, here's to eight weeks of waiting for sun in garbage time... :beer:
triplethreatt
Sophomore

Post#13 » by triplethreatt » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:04 pm

Ridiculous to base any judgement of Sun Yue on his limited PT thus far. He is a project, much like Sasha was. You have to wait for the project to bear fruit.

Marcus Williams is not a good fit for the Lakers and the triangle. No D, no perimeter shot. Lue, Pargo, even Mini-me Boykins are all better fits.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers