ImageImageImageImageImage

Celtics lose to GSW, Jackson 14 in the third...

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

lakeshow248
Senior
And1: 1

Celtics lose to GSW, Jackson 14 in the third... 

Post#1 » by lakeshow248 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:32 pm

http://www.nba.com/video/games/warriors ... recap.nba/ Them losing gets us one game closer to them and Cavs for home court. Turiaf 10-10 from ft line.
lakeshow248
Senior

Re: Celtics lose to GSW, Jackson 14 in the third... 

Post#2 » by lakeshow248 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:37 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/vid ... Id=2459788 their is better S Jackson highlights in this package of last nights game.
SexyScottish
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by SexyScottish » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:49 pm

Any clips of the officiating from this game?? Bellinelli put on a flopping clinic and the refs bought it. How Ray Allen can foul out when Stephen Jackson jumped into him is beyond me, yet when Pierce goes up for a 3, Jackson grabs him, and no foul is called it makes you wonder what the NBA's real agenda is. 31-22 was the stat that counted last night which was the fouls called. Look we all know that the Celtics are the unquestioned top dog and that it's gonna always take an 8 on 5 effort to beat them, but when it becomes this evident it's pretty easy to see that Stern's presence is felt. His worst nightmare happened last year when the Celtics overcame a whole playoff worth of bad officiating to knock out his 2 prized pets in Lebaby James and Kobaby Cryant. Now he's doing everything possible to make sure it doesn't happen again.

And for those of you who think Stern doesn't hate Boston, go look up what he did to the Celtics when Reggie Lewis died. Even Celtics haters should be disgusted at it.
lakeshow248
Senior

Post#4 » by lakeshow248 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:24 pm

Celtics get all the calls all the time, just check out the free throw stats from the finals last year, especially when they get up 2-0. Joke of the year. Between the Fake's push offs and that face he puts on him like he has been shot going to the hoop and KG's edward scissor hand defence, illegal moving screens their is no wonder they are the number 1 FG% opponent.

And about last night's game, it is Golden state a bad team. Maybe KG should concentrate on hitting more than 5 shots and not his dirty screens and they might have beat the Warriors.

I think Boston lost because Pierce's knee injury is acting up from the playoffs last year, obv......
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#5 » by slifersd » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:59 pm

SexyScottish wrote:Any clips of the officiating from this game?? Bellinelli put on a flopping clinic and the refs bought it. How Ray Allen can foul out when Stephen Jackson jumped into him is beyond me, yet when Pierce goes up for a 3, Jackson grabs him, and no foul is called it makes you wonder what the NBA's real agenda is. 31-22 was the stat that counted last night which was the fouls called. Look we all know that the Celtics are the unquestioned top dog and that it's gonna always take an 8 on 5 effort to beat them, but when it becomes this evident it's pretty easy to see that Stern's presence is felt. His worst nightmare happened last year when the Celtics overcame a whole playoff worth of bad officiating to knock out his 2 prized pets in Lebaby James and Kobaby Cryant. Now he's doing everything possible to make sure it doesn't happen again.

And for those of you who think Stern doesn't hate Boston, go look up what he did to the Celtics when Reggie Lewis died. Even Celtics haters should be disgusted at it.

Dude, are you serious? Boston gets away with more calls than any other team in the entire NBA. You can talk about the Cs being a "physical team" all you want but those guys shove, push, poke, and hit on their opponents all the time on defense and never ever gets called for that. Last year's finals was the classic example of that. Kobe gets hit by three guys going to the basket practically every time and he never gets a foul called, but guess what, every time the Lakers try to play some physical defense, the refs bail out the Celtics with foul calls. If you don't believe me, go back and watch the tapes of those games and you will get an idea.

The best thing about the Christmas day game for me (other than the fact that we won) was that the Celtics were finally being held accountable for their actions. Their fouls on both ends of the floor were called by the refs and the Lakers were finally allowed to play some physical defense of their own. The playing field was leveled in that game and the results showed the difference. As far as the GSW game is concerned, maybe they were just too tired after playing such an intense game against us that they could not maintain their high energy level any more. As far as I can see, the refs certainly did not help the Celtics but they were not favoring the GSW much either.
SexyScottish
Banned User

Post#6 » by SexyScottish » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:44 am

lakeshow248 wrote:Celtics get all the calls all the time, just check out the free throw stats from the finals last year, especially when they get up 2-0. Joke of the year. Between the Fake's push offs and that face he puts on him like he has been shot going to the hoop and KG's edward scissor hand defence, illegal moving screens their is no wonder they are the number 1 FG% opponent.

And about last night's game, it is Golden state a bad team. Maybe KG should concentrate on hitting more than 5 shots and not his dirty screens and they might have beat the Warriors.

I think Boston lost because Pierce's knee injury is acting up from the playoffs last year, obv......

LOL@ us getting all the calls. Apparently you didn't see that rigged X-Mas day game then. And I always find it funny how Lakers fans are so quick to bring up Game 2 of the Finals yet neglect to point out that Leon Powe DOMINATED the Lakers soft azz big men which lead to his FT's. Lakers fans also neglect to bring up the FT discrepancy in the Utah series despite Utah being the more aggressive team in the paint. They also neglect to bring up the officiating in the Spurs series, especially the series changing no call on Fisher when he blatantly jumped on Barry.

That's the difference between fake fans like Lakers fans and intelligent fans like Boston fans. We can back up all of our points with factual and statistical evidence. You guys use the same whack arguments with nothing to back it up except opinions. "Oh, KG does illegal screens and is too rough on defense and Kobe never gets any calls...WAAAAAAA." Saying Kobe doesn't get all the calls is about as dumb as saying Kobe is better than MJ.
Sedition
Starter
And1: 9

Post#7 » by Sedition » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:57 am

SexyScottish wrote:LOL@ us getting all the calls. Apparently you didn't see that rigged X-Mas day game then. And I always find it funny how Lakers fans are so quick to bring up Game 2 of the Finals yet neglect to point out that Leon Powe DOMINATED the Lakers soft azz big men which lead to his FT's. Lakers fans also neglect to bring up the FT discrepancy in the Utah series despite Utah being the more aggressive team in the paint. They also neglect to bring up the officiating in the Spurs series, especially the series changing no call on Fisher when he blatantly jumped on Barry.

That's the difference between fake fans like Lakers fans and intelligent fans like Boston fans. We can back up all of our points with factual and statistical evidence. You guys use the same whack arguments with nothing to back it up except opinions. "Oh, KG does illegal screens and is too rough on defense and Kobe never gets any calls...WAAAAAAA." Saying Kobe doesn't get all the calls is about as dumb as saying Kobe is better than MJ.

:lol: In general, Boston fans have to be some of the least intelligent fans of any place I've ever been (I've had to live there for 7 years), but thanks for the laugh. I think half of it has to do with the fact that your announcer (Heinsohn) is a mentally challenged homer. Every word he spouts makes you lose an IQ point or two.

Also, don't you have your own board to whine on? You're right, most Celtic games are 8 on 5, but it's normally you guys getting away with the BS. The fact that you can't see that while most of the nation can makes you seem that much more of a troll. GTFO.
SexyScottish
Banned User

Post#8 » by SexyScottish » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:05 am

Sedition wrote:
SexyScottish wrote:LOL@ us getting all the calls. Apparently you didn't see that rigged X-Mas day game then. And I always find it funny how Lakers fans are so quick to bring up Game 2 of the Finals yet neglect to point out that Leon Powe DOMINATED the Lakers soft azz big men which lead to his FT's. Lakers fans also neglect to bring up the FT discrepancy in the Utah series despite Utah being the more aggressive team in the paint. They also neglect to bring up the officiating in the Spurs series, especially the series changing no call on Fisher when he blatantly jumped on Barry.

:lol: In general, Boston fans have to be some of the least intelligent fans of any place I've ever been (I've had to live there for 7 years), but thanks for the laugh. I think half of it has to do with the fact that your announcer (Heinsohn) is a mentally challenged homer. Every word he spouts makes you lose an IQ point or two.

Also, don't you have your own board to whine on? You're right, most Celtic games are 8 on 5, but it's normally you guys getting away with the BS. The fact that you can't see that while most of the nation can makes you seem that much more of a troll. GTFO.

Once again, another fake fan afraid to challenge me with facts. How bad does it suck that not only are Celtics fans intellectually superior in any kind of basketball discussion, but I know that we know more about your team than you do. Most of you frauds have no clue who Randy Pfund is, have no clue Mitch Kupchak was part of the Showtime Lakers, no idea that the NBA logo is Jerry West, no idea that Kobe was actually drafted by the Hornets and traded to LA for Vlade, no clue why Rick Fox chose the #17 when he got to LA. I can keep going but it would be too easy.

And trying to diss a guy like Tommy Heinsohn is always funny to me. Maybe it's still hatred and jealousy from his teams always being able to dominate the Lakers back in the day. Maybe because he makes every Fakers announcer look like a High School JV football commentator. Maybe because even now he can step on the court and push around the softies on the Lakers front line. Who knows??
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#9 » by kno » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:20 am

SexyScottish wrote:

And trying to diss a guy like Tommy Heinsohn is always funny to me. Maybe it's still hatred and jealousy from his teams always being able to dominate the Lakers back in the day. Maybe because he makes every Fakers announcer look like a High School JV football commentator. Maybe because even now he can step on the court and push around the softies on the Lakers front line. Who knows??

The fact that you have the audacity to imply that Heinsohn is a superior announcer than Chick Hearn is simply unbelievable, no matter how you look at it.

To put it nicely, you and your trolling antics are not welcomed here.
Sedition
Starter
And1: 9

Post#10 » by Sedition » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:22 am

Crying in public tends to make you look bad. You really should keep it to the privacy of the paint chip eaters club (Celtics forum).
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,565

Post#11 » by hermes » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:39 am

SexyScottish, i gather that you are a Celtics fan

this is just out of curiosity but how many of your 18 posts have been on the lakers board? and how many have been centered around officiating?
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#12 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:50 am

I'll stick to the topic in this thread rather than get into it with Sexy.

It's always sweet when the C's lose, specially to a team like the GSW who is almost totally depleted by injuries. The C's still have 2 tough road games on this trip. Let's see what they are made of and how they will rebound from this embarrassment.
The Lakers rebounded very well from their 2 tough loses on their recent trip. Let's see how the C's do.
Formerly lakerRD
SexyScottish
Banned User

Post#13 » by SexyScottish » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:55 am

Kno wrote:
SexyScottish wrote:

The fact that you have the audacity to imply that Heinsohn is a superior announcer than Chick Hearn is simply unbelievable, no matter how you look at it.

To put it nicely, you and your trolling antics are not welcomed here.

Actually, Johnny Most was a superior announcer to Chick Hearn and it's not even a debate. But out of respect Hearn was one of the few things about the Lakers Celtics fans had respect for. When he passed it was a sad day for the NBA as a whole, just as Johnny Most's passing was.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#14 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:33 am

SexyScottish wrote: I know that we know more about your team than you do.
Not me son

SexyScottish wrote: Most of you frauds have no clue who Randy Pfund is,
Was a Laker assistant under Pat Riley, later became head coach and was fired.

SexyScottish wrote:have no clue Mitch Kupchak was part of the Showtime Lakers,
Laughable at best, Mitch was never the same after his knee injury in 1982. From that point on he was a two bit role player during ShowTime.

SexyScottish wrote:no idea that the NBA logo is Jerry West
Created in 1970's era.

SexyScottish wrote:no idea that Kobe was actually drafted by the Hornets and traded to LA for Vlade
Pretty weak here...........internet was in use by this time. Plus the Lakers were going to trade Vlade regardless anyway.

SexyScottish wrote: no clue why Rick Fox chose the #17 when he got to LA.
Wore it because he vowed he'd win a championship before the Celtics would win their 17th and boy was he ever right.

I bet you didn't know the Celtic logo was created by Red Auerbach's brother now did you ?
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Post#15 » by Asianiac_24 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:47 am

intelligent boston fans...you know the same intelligent fans who gave Kobe mvp chants in Boston 2 years ago? :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXPZVPIjxE
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#16 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:00 am

how many threads is sexy gonna get locked in one day???
Forum permissions