Marbury Opens Up In End Of Year Blog

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Marbury Opens Up In End Of Year Blog 

Post#1 » by TonyMontana » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:53 pm

I find this a good read about Marbury.
Im glad that he did come out and post this since a lot of peps felt that he was at fault for most of his problems with the Knicks Org.
Whether or not what he says is the truth, which I happen to believe, it seems he is willing to sacrafice, willing to play and it doesnt matter as a starter or off the bench.
Again Im all for him coming to this team, and I hope he does, but looking at this gives me a lot more respect for him for at least stepping up and addressing his issues and problems and willing to sacrifice something to rebuilt his image.
All I know is the Lakers should go after him once he is bought out.
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... year_blog/
Stephon Marbury wrote an end of the year blog for the New York Post; below is an excerpt:

"People who know me know I'm in the best shape of my life and I discovered a great formula that everyday people will be able to benefit from as far as things like stretching properly and recovery," writes Marbury. "Bottom line, I came to camp with the right attitude, in shape and ready to play. I didn't come to be a distraction.

"I didn't want to be a distraction for the team first and me second. I honestly came to help the team win. Real talk. I was willing to put in the work necessary to earn my starting spot and humble enough to accept coming off of the bench.

"It was unfortunate that the coach wanted to go in a different direction and didn't want me to be part of the team. I just wish it had been handled correctly from jump. I could understand the fact they didn't want Chris Duhon looking over his shoulder but if you don't want me, just pay me and let me go. I just want to play basketball.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Re: Marbury Opens Up In End Of Year Blog 

Post#2 » by hermes » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:17 pm

why didn't he say this a long time ago
fareweatherfan
Senior
And1: 1

Post#3 » by fareweatherfan » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:24 pm

Sorry, I'm not naive enough to buy it. I'm not saying the Knicks are free of blame, but actions speak lounder than words and Marbury's actions have been consistent throughout his career.

That being said, I'm still intrigued by the possibility of acquiring him. I think he will come back with a lot to prove and I have faith in Phil to bring out the best in him.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#4 » by TonyMontana » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:19 pm

fareweatherfan wrote:Sorry, I'm not naive enough to buy it. I'm not saying the Knicks are free of blame, but actions speak lounder than words and Marbury's actions have been consistent throughout his career.

That being said, I'm still intrigued by the possibility of acquiring him. I think he will come back with a lot to prove and I have faith in Phil to bring out the best in him.

Ya since your bringing up his past you can also see that DAntoni was involved his issues as well in the past when he took over the Suns, he traded Marbury away and he never liked Marbury then just like he doesnt like him now.
SO you can blame Marbury for what he is experiencing with DAntoni now.
Also I posted an article about Marbury a few weeks ago.
If you do take the time and read it you can clearly see that Marbury has and always been a dedicated player to his org, yet when it came to his loaylty and the loyalty of the team in return, he has and did get screwed over plenty of times.
So me personally I think it goes both ways, you treat people the way they treat you
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#5 » by Dexmor » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:16 pm

If Marbury would really come off the bench he would be a really good 6th man. Really good. Jason Terry good.
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 401

Post#6 » by DoctaJ » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:05 pm

Just read this a few minutes ago. Definitely a good read. I agree completely with you, Tony that "you treat people the way they treat you."

I hope we throw the minimum at him if/when he does get bought out.
fareweatherfan
Senior
And1: 1

Post#7 » by fareweatherfan » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:57 pm

TonyMontana wrote:
fareweatherfan wrote:Sorry, I'm not naive enough to buy it. I'm not saying the Knicks are free of blame, but actions speak lounder than words and Marbury's actions have been consistent throughout his career.

Ya since your bringing up his past you can also see that DAntoni was involved his issues as well in the past when he took over the Suns, he traded Marbury away and he never liked Marbury then just like he doesnt like him now.
SO you can blame Marbury for what he is experiencing with DAntoni now.
Also I posted an article about Marbury a few weeks ago.
If you do take the time and read it you can clearly see that Marbury has and always been a dedicated player to his org, yet when it came to his loaylty and the loyalty of the team in return, he has and did get screwed over plenty of times.
So me personally I think it goes both ways, you treat people the way they treat you

Emphasis added.
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#8 » by lakersfanatic » Fri Jan 2, 2009 7:26 pm

Good read.

I've always known D''antoni and Him had hot blood between them.. so i guess it had to be this way.... the knicks are rich, they should just pay him and let him go lol jk.

but if i was marbury i would take that pay cut (within a reasonable price of course) and leave.

right now i think both are hard heads.. holding until one finally gives in....

NBA - where amazing happens hehe

Return to Los Angeles Lakers