ImageImageImageImageImage

Shaq and Kobe

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Shaq and Kobe 

Post#1 » by The Skyhook » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm

What would if have been like if the chemistry of the Lakers was better. Say there never was a feud and the we won championships in 2003 and in 2004. How long do you guys think Kobe and Shaq could have lasted? I have always wondered what it could have been like.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Re: Shaq and Kobe 

Post#2 » by Sofa King » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:00 pm

One more championship and in the hole with a hefty contract for the Big Lazy with Kobe gone to Chicago Bulls for more money. That sounds about right.
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#3 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:44 am

Hmm, If kobe was to go to the bulls, that would of happend during the 2004 offseason. The same year, the lakers traded away shaq. So that doesnt make sense sofa king.

If the lakers kept both, they'd have 2 20 million dollar contracts on the books and wouldnt be able to much else with the rest of the roster.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#4 » by crazyeights » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:39 am

The feud may have even made Kobe and Shaq play better. We'll never know.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#5 » by TonyMontana » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:39 am

nastneemz81 wrote:What would if have been like if the chemistry of the Lakers was better. Say there never was a feud and the we won championships in 2003 and in 2004. How long do you guys think Kobe and Shaq could have lasted? I have always wondered what it could have been like.

Me personally brah. Im not the type of a person to sit there and think what if? or could've should've?
I see life and things that happen as it was ment to happen.
Nobody can tell, so as far as me.
Im glad that things turned out the way they did, it is what it is.
Who knows hopefully we can win a title this year and maybe just maybe Shaq might be back in LA next year and retire in a Lakers Jersey.
I think he will.
Joe Kleazy
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#6 » by Joe Kleazy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:27 pm

I most definatly am not feeling shaq trying to latch back on now that we are contenders to ponyback a ring, but the only good thing about it would be that we could then flip the haters comments about who rode coattails for a chip.
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,879

Post#7 » by ronnymac2 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:36 am

I'd love Shaq to retire here. Shaq and kobe were such a dominant 1-2 combination; I'd love to see them again, albiet in different roles.

As a big Shaq fan though, I kind of want him to retire after next season. He's still really good, and I want him going out with people remembering that.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#8 » by dingclancy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:10 pm

It is all about Shaq. If he busted his ass with hard work we would have 5 championships with him as the first option. Then he steps back in 2005, take a pay cut and be the second option to Kobe and win another 5 championships!

In an ideal Lakers world they could have won 10 straight rings, those championship teams are joke compared to Shaq and Kobe duo

Spurs 05? Meh
Heat 06? Meh
Spurs 07? Double Meh
Celtics 08! Lol!
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#9 » by TonyMontana » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:28 pm

Joe Kleazy wrote:I most definatly am not feeling shaq trying to latch back on now that we are contenders to ponyback a ring, but the only good thing about it would be that we could then flip the haters comments about who rode coattails for a chip.

Na Joe Joe.
I dont see it like that.
He was one of the main reasons we won our three peat, he wasnt the main reason since I think it was with the support of Kobe and the rest of the team, so Im not going to sit and give all the credit to Shaq.
He's still a beast, not the same Shaq he was after 2004 but he's still a force in the paint.
I hope we win a title this year, I HOPE.
If we do then I dont have a problem with Shaqs return, why cause if we win a title then we did it without him, if we dont then if he does come back to LA, then he will be credit for our chip.
So again I think if we do win then why not allow him to return to LA and win a couple more with him.
I think this is his home, I think he desrves to reitre as a Laker, why not?
Let by gones be by gones.
I still think he has a little left in him, and imagine having 4 seven footers in one team..... :lol:
Imagine having him come of the bench with L.O and our bench mobb.
Who can stop us then???????????? NOBODY.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#10 » by TylersLakers » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:39 pm

Sofa King wrote:One more championship and in the hole with a hefty contract for the Big Lazy with Kobe gone to Chicago Bulls for more money. That sounds about right.

Bingo. :rofl:
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#11 » by hermes » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:06 pm

CITYOFANGELSX3 wrote:Hmm, If kobe was to go to the bulls, that would of happend during the 2004 offseason. The same year, the lakers traded away shaq. So that doesnt make sense sofa king.

If the lakers kept both, they'd have 2 20 million dollar contracts on the books and wouldnt be able to much else with the rest of the roster.

probably wouldn't have signed luke or vlad to the contracts that they did
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#12 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:25 pm

so are we assuming that the "fued" is the reason Shaq left and not because he wanted Buss to "pay him his f***ing money". ok, yeah anyone would give up 10 million just because you have to work with someone you don't like. :rolls eyes:
Forum permissions