O.T. Garnett talkin that ISHHH

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

vinnycorleone
Banned User
And1: 0

O.T. Garnett talkin that ISHHH 

Post#1 » by vinnycorleone » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:54 am

http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2009/01 ... r-celtics/

The Celtics have won like 2 games in a row after getting blown out on their west coast trip and KG is yapping away again. The Laker's exposed the C's....LACK of a PG.

Can't wait for Feb 5th
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,445

Re: O.T. Garnett talkin that ISHHH 

Post#2 » by Slava » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:58 am

Too bad KG's gonna be "watching" the NBA finals this time around.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Flipdog69xxx
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#3 » by Flipdog69xxx » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:02 am

eeh not as bad as i thought. For me it actually suggests that they're not as serious/hungry as last season, which is good.
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,101

Post#4 » by MaxwellSmart » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:36 am

vinnycorleone wrote:http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2009/01/24/garnett-mocks-lakers-victory-over-celtics/

The Celtics have won like 2 games in a row after getting blown out on their west coast trip and KG is yapping away again. The Laker's exposed the C's....LACK of a PG.

Can't wait for Feb 5th

Lack of a PG?....Rondo outplayed the ENTIRE Laker team in Game 6 my friend...I do believe the Lakers wanted that Christmas game more than the Celtics...fine,still a lot of season to go though.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,298

Post#5 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:58 am

^^times a changing...

the entire nation watched the lakers neutralise rondo on christmas day, it has already become the blueprint for beating the celtics

simply play 12ft off rondo and dont let him hurt you off the dribble, because he can't do as much damage with a poor jumper...
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#6 » by That Nicka » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:20 pm

Rondo is better than any PG we have on this squad.... But he only had one or two good games in the Finals... KG wasnt that great either shooting 42%....

Allen and Pierce killed us... Allen we´re gonna have to live with, but I guarantee Pierce will have a tougher job against Walton/Ariza than he did against Radman... People make fun of Luke but he does his job defensively and is a very solid team defender.. Check out what his D on Melo in the first round last year... And Ariza is just solid defensively, which is good considering he gets most of the minutes at SF anyway

Add to the fact that their bench is worse and ours are better.. And I havent even mentioned Bynum who takes away a few layups.... I like our chaces against Boston
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,298

Post#7 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:26 pm

thats the thing with benches in playoffs, teams are going to play their starters 40+ minutes if they feel the starters are that much better than the bench anyway

by and large, teams like the celtics aren't going to let the lakers get extended time to play their weak bench
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#8 » by SashAlex » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:11 pm

MaxwellSmart wrote:
vinnycorleone wrote:http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2009/01/24/garnett-mocks-lakers-victory-over-celtics/

Can't wait for Feb 5th

Lack of a PG?....Rondo outplayed the ENTIRE Laker team in Game 6 my friend...I do believe the Lakers wanted that Christmas game more than the Celtics...fine,still a lot of season to go though.

Boston sucks ! Boston sucks !
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,561

Post#9 » by hermes » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:21 pm

if this were a couple days after the game fine, but its been almost a month KG :noway:

in related news
Nuggets' coach George Karl doesn't believe that the Lakers are a lock to win the Western Conference.

"Basically, everybody's conceding that the Lakers are going to win (the Western Conference), and I don't believe that," Karl said. "I think there's numerous teams in the Western Conference that still have time to grow up and challenge."

In fact, Karl believes his Nuggets are one of the teams that can challenge the Lakers. "Yes, I think we are. We have a window of improvement, and we also have that window of experience (to gain from) winning a playoff series that can bring momentum to a young team, a team that's never won."

how dare Karl say we're not a lock
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#10 » by SashAlex » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:44 pm

^^^ Because he's too stupid ! Phil always has him ! :lol:
That Nicka
Banned User

Post#11 » by That Nicka » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:21 pm

Karl is just saying what he's supposed to... He probably doesnt even believe his own words lol
nonplayerzealot
Banned User

Post#12 » by nonplayerzealot » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:56 pm

hermes wrote:if this were a couple days after the game fine, but its been almost a month KG :noway:

in related news
Nuggets' coach George Karl doesn't believe that the Lakers are a lock to win the Western Conference.

"Basically, everybody's conceding that the Lakers are going to win (the Western Conference), and I don't believe that," Karl said. "I think there's numerous teams in the Western Conference that still have time to grow up and challenge."

In fact, Karl believes his Nuggets are one of the teams that can challenge the Lakers. "Yes, I think we are. We have a window of improvement, and we also have that window of experience (to gain from) winning a playoff series that can bring momentum to a young team, a team that's never won."

how dare Karl say we're not a lock

Note, LA is 4-0 in the playoffs against George Karl, w/ 3 different teams. If and when that becomes 5-0, he'll repeat the swallowing he did in the press after last year's sweep about how great we were.
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#13 » by Erik Eleven » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:15 pm

Don't underestimate Billups' effect on that team. They'll be balling hard in the playoffs and I wouldn't call them Enver for much longer. I see them as our biggest threat in the west.
That Nicka
Banned User

Post#14 » by That Nicka » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:22 pm

They are too small in the front court. and dont have anyone who can stop Kobe
Erik Eleven
RealGM

Post#15 » by Erik Eleven » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:22 pm

Did Garnett say something again? I didn't hear it and I don't care. Boston are the team to beat because they're the champs. He earned the right to talk a bit. I'd be very surprised if a healthy Celtics team wouldn't make it to the finals. And once there, they won't lay over and die either. In a repeat finals, I will still have the Celtics as the favorite over the Lakers. We still don't have an answer for Pierce, who was quite a bit off on Christmas.
Erik Eleven
RealGM

Post#16 » by Erik Eleven » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:29 pm

That Nicka wrote:They are too small in the front court. and dont have anyone who can stop Kobe

I didn't say I don't think we'll beat them. I just don't think they will be a very easy team to beat. If Billups' defensive mentality rubs off on a JR Smith type athlete, he could become a bit of a pest for Kobe. If they make one trade for a big...

I'm also counting out Houston due to probable injuries, like I do every year. I don't think Meow and T-Back will be full force in the playoffs this time either. Wouldn't surprise me if Meow goes down again soon. It's sad, the whole T-Mac saga.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,941

Post#17 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:38 pm

I'm not sure what exactly he's bitching about to begin with. Maybe I overlooked or ignored something, but who on our team is he talking about? I mean, how dare we get up for a Christmas game against the team that beat us in the Finals, and being excited with the victory?
That Nicka
Banned User

Post#18 » by That Nicka » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:40 pm

Naw... JR Smith is allergic to defense
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#19 » by TonyMontana » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:20 pm

MaxwellSmart wrote:

Can't wait for Feb 5th

You know this is so funny and to me it sounds a bit ignorant, but then I have reed a lot of your posts on your board so Im not surprised, specially with all the F the Lakers and F the Laker fans that you like to post on your board.
But please use a bit of common sense here if you can.
The E/C is what the W/C use to be last year, you know a game seperates teams form 1s to 4th place, so please let me know how does this game or any game mean nothing to the Cs, HOW?
I mean you and some of your less Intelligent posters not all since you guys do have some good and classy posters on your board which your not one of them, but how can you sit here and claim that we want it more than you guys did?
Also tell me when you guys lost to the Bobcats, G.S.W, The Rockets, the Knicks the Blazers. you guys probably didnt care or want to win those game either... Ha???
Also as far as Rondo and last year, Rondo wasnt the reason we lost last year, he wasnt and he will never be a good point guard, he is inconsistant, he doesnt have a shot, he makes bad decisions, he has no D.
Thats why after you guys lost all these games back to back, you know the ones YOU GUYS DIDNT CARE ABOUT, you in general and your entire board was knocking him down about how he has no game and how you guys need to get a point gurad and how you cant wait for Marbury to be bought out so he can take over the P.g position.
Whats even funnier is if Rondo is so good then why are you guys so hyped about Marbury???
I mean you guys started so many threads about him and you already photoshoped a jersey for him and he hasnt even been released yet.............lmof.
So why would did you turn on THE GREAT RONDO???
Also your chip was and is from last year, this is a New Year, and technically we are up on your beloved Cs 1-0.
So I guess last years comparison isnt really a comparison now is it, specailly since we didnt have Bynum and Ariza wasnt a factor, and this year you guys are missing Posey and P.J.
Oh and take it easy with all the garbage and insults you throw at US LAKER FANS, its very classless and it makes your board look really bad.
vinnycorleone
Banned User

Post#20 » by vinnycorleone » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:55 pm

YEAH....MANG!

hahaha hey Tony am I good poster?!
(waiting for approval)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers