ImageImageImageImageImage

Game #49 Lakers (40-9) 110 @ Celtics (41-10) 109

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

nermindee
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Game #49 Lakers (40-9) 110 @ Celtics (41-10) 109 

Post#801 » by nermindee » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:18 pm

TonyMontana wrote:WHAT UP MY FELLOW LAKER SEXY ITCHES................

All I can say is WHAT A FREAKING GAME.
My living room was a war zone during this entire game, with all my boys yelling and screaming. all the phone calls and texts coming from everywhere.
I felt like we were at War............LOLLLLLL
I think L.O stepped up and Kobe being Kobe, Pau's block at the end............ WHAT A FREAKING GAME.
The reffs made a lot of bad calls, at times it felt like we were playing 5-6 but oh well we came out of the Garden with a W.
Props on the Cs for a great game, and again they played a hell of a game......... House got on fire and he started to worry me. Ray Allen a true warrior that he is, what a pure shooter.
K.G all I can say is SKIP HIM, specially when he tried to man handle L.O again and YET AGAIN HE FAILED TO DO SO.
Lamar was being cool with thim by his love tap on his ass but he had to do his usual tough guy B.S and he ended up pissing Lamar off and I can tell you that was the turning point for Lamar to turn his game on..............
Rondo what a joke, little man needs to grow up and get of the milk bottle before he starts to put his hand on Kobe or anybody else for that matter.
But overall Boston played a hell of game and all I can say is I LOVE TO WATCH THIS TWO TEAMS SCRAP.
Boston is a contender and they are no joke and I give them mad props for the game last night, I mean this wasnt a game this was one of the many battles to come, and these two teams have brought the excitment and what this game should be about back to the NBA.
Props on the Cs and their fans for showing their class coming on our board and giving credit where credit is due.............. Specially my boy Kefa and their mods.
All I can say is that the reffs did make some really bad calls on both ends, but I think we got the worst calls specially towards the end.
I can only imagine if they allow these two teams to really play there game........... WHAT A BATTLE THAT WOULD BE.
Anyways LOVE ALL MY LAKER BRAHHHs.
A GOOD W FOR US, NOW LETS GO TRAP SOME CRABS..............

FTW AND FTC

bwuhahaha got it.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#802 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:25 pm

semi-sentient wrote:
aroba wrote:Guys, Gasol always had weak physique. In Europe more contact is allowed, so what is all about US Street Toughness DNA your talking about?

Don't believe the hype.

"US Street Toughness" refers to pussy gangsters who get their edge by totting around guns and picking on those in smaller groups, which is the entire purpose of a gang.

There's nothing tough about that.
You have to walk the walk to talk the talk. In KIlla Cali I've been on the other side of that coin where you have to stand up to that ish or get punked out of the school! So unless you guys know what that's like it's not fair to say it's all hype. I lost a lot of innocent homies behind that bull. One of which was on his way to the NBA. Don't generalize it's on the same page as racial profiling.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#803 » by TommyTheCat » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:03 pm

anklebreaker702 wrote:
semi-sentient wrote:
aroba wrote:Guys, Gasol always had weak physique. In Europe more contact is allowed, so what is all about US Street Toughness DNA your talking about?

Don't believe the hype.

"US Street Toughness" refers to pussy gangsters who get their edge by totting around guns and picking on those in smaller groups, which is the entire purpose of a gang.

You have to walk the walk to talk the talk. In KIlla Cali I've been on the other side of that coin where you have to stand up to that ish or get punked out of the school! So unless you guys know what that's like it's not fair to say it's all hype. I lost a lot of innocent homies behind that bull. One of which was on his way to the NBA. Don't generalize it's on the same page as racial profiling.

sure there is some generalization there but in no terms does that come near racial profiling. people join a gang because the CHOOSE to and there's knucklehead gang bangers from every race. a person doesn't choose to be black, white, asian.....etc. they are born that way and to believe they do things based on looks is different than basing things on the choices a person makes. a person's choices say a lot about their character.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,561

Post#804 » by hermes » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:16 pm

guys lets just enjoy this HUGE win

didn't play our best (free throws?!?) but we went into Boston and beat them at their own game without bynum and that is huge

it was hilarious reading through all of this, didn't see the whole game but thought luke played better than you guys gave him credit, guarded pierce fairly well, especially down the stretch
lamar really turned it on in the 2nd half, and i could not believe he made those last two ft's

yay lakers win
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#805 » by semi-sentient » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:43 pm

anklebreaker702 wrote:
semi-sentient wrote:

Don't believe the hype.

Yeah, I grew up in a tough neighborhood as well and ran with gangs in San Antonio when I was younger (and dumber). I'd qualify myself as a punk back then just like I'd qualify any other "gangsters" who run around doing that type of stuff. I see it as a phase that people go through growing up in tough neighborhoods, so when I see adults gloating about how their favorite player is "hard" or some other nonsense it sets me off somewhat. No matter how you look at it, being in a gang and picking on those who can't defend themselves is some pussy s**t. It's unfortunate that some people (and some NBA players) can't seem to grow out of that phase.

BTW, generalizations and prejudices exist for a reason. There's typically plenty of truth behind them, despite certain generalizations being inappropriate or being a bit too broad.

A very wise man once said that common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. That's pretty much spot on.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#806 » by TommyTheCat » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:51 pm

semi-sentient wrote:
A very wise man once said that common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. That's pretty much spot on.

as brilliant as he was, he was a really f'd up dude.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#807 » by semi-sentient » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:59 pm

The brilliant ones usually are!
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Mindflayer
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#808 » by Mindflayer » Fri Feb 6, 2009 8:06 pm

Great game last night. Check out the Celtic Board. They have 4 new threads started that are basically whinning about the officiated. I usually check thier board after a loss. I don't think they have lost a game that wasn't because of the officiating.
MaryvalesFinest wrote:
"J-Rich is a better dunker than Kobe and can put up the same stats if he was "the man" of the Lakers, advantage = J-Rich"
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,561

Post#809 » by hermes » Fri Feb 6, 2009 8:17 pm

^^that's what i don't want us to be, if we lose ok move on to the next one

no need to worry about things beyond our control
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#810 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Feb 6, 2009 9:30 pm

semi-sentient wrote:[

You got it all twisted semi, I'm talking about street tough as to the way most of these NBA guys grew up. Some of y'all don't have a clue on what it takes to really ball in the hood. And when I say hood it doesn't necessarily mean the worst place in the city. I'm talking about like ballin in the Rucker in New York or Venice Beach here. This is the proving ground for young guys to get beat on physically and mentally by older guys.

That's what this comment was all about
Most NBA players are already "street tough" it's ingrained in their DNA

Sorry fellas or Pau lovers but the man just didn't have to learn it like this. I don't even know how semi-sentient got gun totting from ballin and how that correlates to street toughness. I'm talking having basketball toughness, yeah Pau is probably mentally tough but what myself and anklebreaker was questioning was his physical toughness.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#811 » by semi-sentient » Fri Feb 6, 2009 9:53 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:You got it all twisted semi, I'm talking about street tough as to the way most of these NBA guys grew up. Some of y'all don't have a clue on what it takes to really ball in the hood. And when I say hood it doesn't necessarily mean the worst place in the city. I'm talking about like ballin in the Rucker in New York or Venice Beach here. This is the proving ground for young guys to get beat on physically and mentally by older guys.

Well, that I do understand. Somehow I thought the toughness being talked about was due to how some of these players claim to be former gang members and whatnot, which I think is idiotic. So yeah, I probably did get it twisted a bit... lol.

I agree with you in that respect, particularly when it comes to guys like Sasha not being mentally or physically tough. Pau? Not so much. I think he's a pretty tough cat. He's no Garnett (which is probably a good thing because Garnett is more of a punk), but you don't get to be that good unless you have some toughness (mentally, primarily -- he's just not a strong guy who pumps it up like Ben Wallace).

Also, I don't think you have to play on some of the toughest playgrounds to be tough on the court. Kobe is a classic example of that (yet another would be Duncan). The guy grew up in Italy and I can assure you that they don't have anything even remotely resembling Ruckers or Venice Beach, which is why most non-Lakers fans consider him "fake". I personally think this is incredibly stupid because you don't have to be "hood" to be tough -- you just have to have the right personality and lots of willpower.
420greg
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#812 » by 420greg » Fri Feb 6, 2009 10:02 pm

If Boston wins the East you guys got home court.

If the Magic win the east, we will have it.

Looks like you guys need to start rooting for the celtics and the cavs after Sunday.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#813 » by semi-sentient » Fri Feb 6, 2009 10:06 pm

420greg wrote:If Boston wins the East you guys got home court.

Looks like you guys need to start rooting for the celtics and the cavs after Sunday.

It doesn't work that way.

If the Lakers end with the best record in the league, then it doesn't matter who wins the East as they will have home-court advantage over anyone. As it stands, if they end up tied with Orlando then the Magic would have home-court advantage in the Finals (highly unlikely consider Jameer's injury), whereas if we tie the Celtics we take home-court advantage. We'll find out what the deal is with Cleveland soon enough.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#814 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:21 pm

420greg wrote:If Boston wins the East you guys got home court.

You got it wrong young fella, your missing the fact that the Lakers have the best record. The only way the Magic get the HCA is if the Lakers tie with them which I think isn't even remotely possible since Jameer is out. And just from experience LO had that injury, Nelson will be having surgery soon bank on it.

As it currently stands the Magic is 3rd in the East, I don't see them beating the Cavs or Celtics out for the best record in the East. And trust me when I say it as I will speak for all of the family here, we don't fear the Magic one bit in a 7 game series.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#815 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:50 pm

TommyTheCat wrote:

There's nothing tough about that.[/quote]You have to walk the walk to talk the talk. In KIlla Cali I've been on the other side of that coin where you have to stand up to that ish or get punked out of the school! So unless you guys know what that's like it's not fair to say it's all hype. I lost a lot of innocent homies behind that bull. One of which was on his way to the NBA. Don't generalize it's on the same page as racial profiling.

sure there is some generalization there but in no terms does that come near racial profiling. people join a gang because the CHOOSE to and there's knucklehead gang bangers from every race. a person doesn't choose to be black, white, asian.....etc. they are born that way and to believe they do things based on looks is different than basing things on the choices a person makes. a person's choices say a lot about their character.[/quote]
I understand that TT but you're still on the wrong side of the argument people dont choose what color they are but people who use that against them made that choice as well
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#816 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:57 pm

semi-sentient wrote:
Yeah, I grew up in a tough neighborhood as well and ran with gangs in San Antonio when I was younger (and dumber). I'd qualify myself as a punk back then just like I'd qualify any other "gangsters" who run around doing that type of stuff. I see it as a phase that people go through growing up in tough neighborhoods, so when I see adults gloating about how their favorite player is "hard" or some other nonsense it sets me off somewhat. No matter how you look at it, being in a gang and picking on those who can't defend themselves is some pussy s**t. It's unfortunate that some people (and some NBA players) can't seem to grow out of that phase.

BTW, generalizations and prejudices exist for a reason. There's typically plenty of truth behind them, despite certain generalizations being inappropriate or being a bit too broad.

Well I would characterize guys like that as punks. You didn't grow up where I grew up. I grew up in 1 of the most notorious gang areas in Compton. The "G's" that I knew weren't like that. They use to protect guys that had the courage to stand up to those punk type of so called Gangsta's. The hardest 1 I knew hated bully's. So that's another generalization. Maybe that's how they were around your neck of the woods but mine. Yeah sure there were guys like that but they were idiots
VETERAN LAKER FAN
nonplayerzealot
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#817 » by nonplayerzealot » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:25 am

DEEP3CL wrote:I

Guys like Lonnie Shelton, Truck Robinson and Kermit Washington were some of the toughest power forwards of their day you tell me who from todays game would've went one on one and be willing to bang with those cats.

NOBODY.

Mo Lucas would make KG cry just by lookin at him hard.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,940

Post#818 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:45 am

I'm having a tough time deciding which was more entertaining, last night's game or the THREE separate threads on the Celtics board dedicated to how the good guys in green got jobbed by Stern's evil henchmen. Probably the game, but it's very, very close. Man. For a town that prides itself on its blue-collar toughness, they sure seem to get a lot of sand in their vaginas.
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#819 » by That Nicka » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:36 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:I'm having a tough time deciding which was more entertaining, last night's game or the THREE separate threads on the Celtics board dedicated to how the good guys in green got jobbed by Stern's evil henchmen. Probably the game, but it's very, very close. Man. For a town that prides itself on its blue-collar toughness, they sure seem to get a lot of sand in their vaginas.

:rofl: :rofl:
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#820 » by TonyMontana » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:27 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:I'm having a tough time deciding which was more entertaining, last night's game or the THREE separate threads on the Celtics board dedicated to how the good guys in green got jobbed by Stern's evil henchmen. Probably the game, but it's very, very close. Man. For a town that prides itself on its blue-collar toughness, they sure seem to get a lot of sand in their vaginas.

Ya I have been on their boards more than our board or any other board.
At this time they have well over 8 threads covering all theri complaints and bitching about the officials and how every call against them WAS A BAD CALL.
And thats not even threads that start with "How about Chris Webber thread" and at the end there is a complain about Ray Allens last second shot, so technically there is probably around 10 threads with complaints.
But honestly not all the Cs fans are bitching and complaining, a good amount of them are very classy and they are being a good sport about their loss yet even those guys are showing a bit of frustration about their loss.
You cant blame them though even though we came out with a W, ME PERSONALLY though that the reffs did screwup on a lot of bad calls, and I THINK MOST OF THEM were against the Lakers.

Now we sit here with the W, but I know if we wouldve lost we would be doing the samething.
But not the way they are handling it or taking it.
I think they are more pissed off at the fact that we beat them here in our home and all the thread and all the hoopla about we didnt care about the Christmas game Bull and then the whole aftermath of WE WILL MEET AGAIN IN FEB sort of backfired in their face and they thought that this is the same team as last year, and that the Christmas game was just a FLUKE, not realizing that this team has grown and has made a lot of improvements.
So when we went in their house and we took care of buisness the were shocked and disappointed that they lost in their home in front of their crowd, so whats the next thing to do " Complain about the reffs".

Plain and simple, they didnt think they were going to lose at home against the SOFT LAKERS and all I can say is that it was a great game down to the last second, but I wished the reffs wouldve done a better job so it wouldnt come down to this.
We won that game fair and square but by a few bad calls that went in both directions AS FAR AS THE CS FANS, we didnt earn that win........
But me personally, I think even if we wouldve beat them by 20 and their was no fouls called on the Cs and the EVERY starting Laker wouldve fouled out, MOST not all Cs fan wouldve sat there and came up with lame ass excuses like "K.G had a Flu" Or "The Garden was too cold" or " We lost because LUCKY WASNT AROUND".

Anyhow I wish the reffs wouldve done a better job and they tried, but oh well, it is what it is.
All I know is when we lost in the Finals and we got SCREWED both in game 2 and 4, I still went on their board and gave them props and even then some of their classless fans attacked me for me giving them props............... GO FIGURE.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers