Banned User
And1: 0

Numbers? 

Post#1 » by joe.linnen » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:06 am

Numbers in February:

Pau Gasol: 22ppg/12.1rpg/4.9apg
Lamar Odom: 16.1ppg/14.3rpg/2.4apg
Kobe Bryant: 30.8ppg/5.0rpg/3.6apg

The reason I'm bring this up is because I like the way Odom and Gasol has stepped up as well as the bench mob (i.e. Powell, Farmar, Vujacic, and Ariza). I have a really good feeling about this team. They are showing something that they didn't have last year and that was the force they play with now. Playing with a force like that will get us very far and I can't wait to see us when Bynum gets back.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,331

Re: Numbers? 

Post#2 » by Dr Aki » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:08 am

well given the 30 or so minutes vacated by bynum, it wasnt much of a surprise to see both gasol and odom stepping up and trying to fill the void

even kobe increasing his ppg production, shouldnt have come as a surprise to anyone...

you might as well post their increased minutes as a direct result of losing bynum because it goes a long way to explaining their better form if based on numbers...
joe.linnen
Banned User

Post#3 » by joe.linnen » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:49 am

Akiho wrote:well given the 30 or so minutes vacated by bynum, it wasnt much of a surprise to see both gasol and odom stepping up and trying to fill the void

even kobe increasing his ppg production, shouldnt have come as a surprise to anyone...

you might as well post their increased minutes as a direct result of losing bynum because it goes a long way to explaining their better form if based on numbers...

I totally spaced on that fact, I forgot that they play more minutes since Bynum was out...lol
Luxury
Junior
And1: 3

Post#4 » by Luxury » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:39 am

That's what happens when true contenders lose one year, they comeback hard, hungry, and prepared the following year.

Forget about numbers, just let them walk the walk.
"Kobe Bryant.. is the greatest player in our era" -Dwyane Wade
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by lakersfanatic » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:18 pm

and since this is the tougher half of the season... it means more minutes as well as more energy exerted to try maintain the same winning level. I just hope it doesn't affect us during the post season.
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#6 » by ronnymac2 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:01 pm

^^^It shouldn't. Most of our players are young or in their prime. Gasol and Odom are in their prime, and everyone else is pretty young. The only people to worry about are Fisher and Kobe (and they both have good work ethics and experience in pacing themselves). I'd play Farmar a little more to conserve Fish a little bit, and maybe sign a cheap, decent back up point guard just in case. For Kobe, I'd keep him at his 36 minutes per game.

Yeah, the numbers they are putting up are really good, especially Lamar. Lamar and Pau are doing a great job of controlling the glass.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
Kweli
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Kweli » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:32 am

Akiho wrote:well given the 30 or so minutes vacated by bynum, it wasnt much of a surprise to see both gasol and odom stepping up and trying to fill the void

Both Gasol and Odom are playing better than they did last year without Bynum, especially Odom, so yeah you can say it is a surprise - a good one.
Mindflayer
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#8 » by Mindflayer » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:36 am

We should be playing Gasol 36 minutes a game until the playoffs also. Let Mbenge get 5 minutes a game now.
MaryvalesFinest wrote:
"J-Rich is a better dunker than Kobe and can put up the same stats if he was "the man" of the Lakers, advantage = J-Rich"
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,331

Post#9 » by Dr Aki » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:02 am

JustBlaze20 wrote:

Both Gasol and Odom are playing better than they did last year without Bynum, especially Odom, so yeah you can say it is a surprise - a good one.

if they did it last year, why were we wrong to expect any less or be any more surprised this year?

not a surprise imo
Kweli
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#10 » by Kweli » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:03 pm

Because they (Odom & Gasol) are playing better this year........

I'm surprised at the way Odom has been playing since Bynum has been out, now we'll see if he can keep it up.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#11 » by Mamba Venom » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:56 am

46-10 is one of the #s I like

1st seed overall both conferences is another

16 ws in the postseason is all I really care about!!!
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers