ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Spark's vs. Mater Dei

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

OT: Spark's vs. Mater Dei 

Post#1 » by DubaLakers » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:52 pm

Michael Cooper & Michael Thompson were arguing on 710 the Big Show today it was hilarious.

Here's the argument who would win the game vs. the LA Sparks and the Mater Dei Men's Team?

Coop of course says the Sparks would, and Thompson said the Boys would kill 'em.

Personally I'd take the Sparks. Assuming Tina thompson, Candace Parker, and Lisa Leslie are there. I think they'd win pretty strong. The ladies would be more diciplined, play a great team concept, plus they would be more fundementally sound than the men. Worst case scenario they could hack the men and make them shoot FT's. The women don't miss FT's.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Re: OT: Spark's vs. Mater Dei 

Post#2 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:01 pm

Me too........plus I've played ball before with ladies, they don't bitch and complain about contact !
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
vinnycorleone
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by vinnycorleone » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:16 pm

Dude I was listening to that Interview..HILARIOUS!! I thought of posting this topic too...haha

Sparks would wipe the floor with them
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by lakersfanatic » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:23 pm

Sparks! all the way.

Why?

Lisa Leslie came to Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley in OC one time. We were just hangin and playing our games then she came with her guy friends. We didn't really knew her then so we were like watever. Let it be heard here.. she smoked!! us. And these guys are avid players. Dribble, between legs, shoot.. u got it all.. she was the sh*t

Plus the ladies have been playing in professional level type of game where emotions, anxiety, calmness play an important part in winning.. It'll be kewl to watch.
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#5 » by DubaLakers » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:39 pm

lakersfanatic wrote:Sparks! all the way.

Why?

Lisa Leslie came to Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley in OC one time. We were just hangin and playing our games then she came with her guy friends. We didn't really knew her then so we were like watever. Let it be heard here.. she smoked!! us. And these guys are avid players. Dribble, between legs, shoot.. u got it all.. she was the sh*t

Plus the ladies have been playing in professional level type of game where emotions, anxiety, calmness play an important part in winning.. It'll be kewl to watch.

Mile Square, my bro and I played there like 10 years ago, my bro came down for a board I guess he must have accidentaly bumped into this guy, the dude flipped, punched my bro in the face, without warning, dude then ran to his car and came back with a huge screwdriver as a weapon, I was like WTF? He was there with all his buddies, largly outnumbered. F'd up shi*. There was no arguing previous to the incident, weird, dude just flipped out. My bro had to go to urgent care, eye bleeding like crazy. I've played there probably 10 times. I'm 6 foot even and am like the tallest guy there everytime I go, lol.

miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Post#6 » by miggs » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:55 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:Me too........plus I've played ball before with ladies, they don't bitch and complain about contact !

:lol: very true deep!!! double teams can be fun in that situation hahahahaha :crowded: :lol:
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by lakersfanatic » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:57 pm

lol, yeah mile square is gangster now.... too many fights... i guess all the pissed off people hang around there or something.

Last month, my buddy got a black eye there.

True, if you're over 6' tall your tall over there lol. I'm 5'11"
DreamOn
Freshman

Post#8 » by DreamOn » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:29 pm

lakersfanatic wrote:lol, yeah mile square is gangster now.... too many fights... i guess all the pissed off people hang around there or something.

Last month, my buddy got a black eye there.

True, if you're over 6' tall your tall over there lol. I'm 5'11"

You all live around there? weried.. i use to live off of edinger and brookhurts but never played there... if you want to play indoors and somewhere where there is decent comp. come play at Huntington Beach City Gym Tuesday and Thursday nights..
"It is our light not our darkness that most frieghtens us" Coach Carter
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#9 » by Chubby Chaser » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:34 am

God I hate Mater Dei...... As I went to Bishop Amat !
Phil Jackson
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#10 » by Phil Jackson » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:31 am

DubaLakers wrote: I'm 6 foot even and am like the tallest guy there everytime I go, lol.

I know EXACTLY what you mean lol but their girls are hot

Return to Los Angeles Lakers