ImageImageImageImageImage

jordan farmar just isn't that good

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Re: jordan farmar just isn't that good 

Post#81 » by Anklebreaker702 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:24 am

dcash4 wrote:shannon brown > jordan farmar.

at least phil seems to think so

You have to give it up dcash, we know you weren't high on Brown but he's proving his worth. Sometimes its like that we have to give credit where credit is do.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#82 » by Slava » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:55 am

He's been a hell of a lift off the bench but right now my best best at PG is Sasha Vujacic. He does collect dumb fouls but he's picked up his mojo and rarely makes mistakes. Also he doesn't take those dumb pull up 3s that Fisher does at times.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Tee212
Lead Assistant
And1: 423

Post#83 » by Tee212 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:06 am

I dont know whats more reliable..fishes drive in layup or dj post up hook shot from about 5 feet...yikes!
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#84 » by milesfides » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:24 pm

Farmar has a great chance of being a starter in this league, just not on this team.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#85 » by ALL HAIL » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:20 pm

^Agreed.
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Post#86 » by Gus McCrae » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:37 pm

noting a couple pages back about trading for Hinriech, i have a feeling...he will do well in the playoffs for the Bulls, who are now goign to focus on going deep in the East next year. Hinriech may actually be worth holding on to for them since he is a vet who was a team captain when they were in the playoffs a couple years back. If they WERE to trade Kirk, which is likely, i don't think it would be for another unproven PG and expirings, Rose definitely needs experience backing him AND someone who's not goign to selfishly try to outplay him. Hinreich has been that guy this year.

i can't spell hinrich to save my life as you can tell.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#87 » by Slava » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:42 pm

Rose will start playing 40 MPG and will end up a top 5 PG starting as early as next season and they don't have a need for Hinrich's skill set after that.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#88 » by DEEP3CL » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:42 pm

milesfides wrote:Farmar has a great chance of being a starter in this league, just not on this team.
More so in a system like D'Antoni's,but as it has been proven..........that system is dying fast. Say what you want about Terry Porter but he was right about trying to change that style, his players was just too damn hard headed to evolve with it.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#89 » by Dr Aki » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:58 am

farmar was a vital part of that run, run, run squad that the 2nd unit became known for

it wasnt until phil started criticising the decision making skills farmar was making that it started going downhill

farmar probably couldnt tell what phil wanted, its a shame but the FO has to make the hard decision whether to sign him to a longer contract or try to trade him.
Leonidas
Starter
And1: 2

Post#90 » by Leonidas » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:44 am

I agree milesfides and DEEP3CL its time for Jordan to go. I dunno if it was because of his injury but the kid started off well last season too then just started stanking up the court.. Trade him.. He needs to be more aggressive like he was in the ol Fairfax high school days...

Propz to Kno for the sig..
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#91 » by Erik Eleven » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:57 am

He is the wrong fit on the court with this team. Always was, in my opinion. Send him to NY for David Lee, hehe.
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#92 » by Erik Eleven » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:00 am

Seriously, though, he's a starting caliber point guard on many other teams.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#93 » by Jajwanda » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:17 pm

The Knicks would probably have heavy interest in him.
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#94 » by GSWhoopfan » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:26 pm

Farmar would be a damn good pg in Oakland. Any interest in Jamal Crawford?
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
what would jack bauer do?
Veteran
And1: 295

Post#95 » by what would jack bauer do? » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:14 am

Just watched farmar in the high school jordan classic from 2004. He looked like a much better pg back then. He just does not fit our system. Right now I rank Sasha's passing ability way above Farmar's, which I thought I'd never say about anyone in regards to Sasha. But man Farmar just needs to go, I love his winner's attitude but he clashes with the Lakers in more ways than one. When we trade him it certainly won't be a good riddance type of thing though; Farmar has so much talent but he's being tied down by the triangle.

Trade Farmar for a small forward and draft a pg like PATRICK MILLS! It'd be nice if we could steal a guy with a lot of potential like Corey Brewer since his stock is down due to injury. But Farmar is a pretty good trading chip to land a small forward that is defensive minded and can shoot the 3 at a high clip.
larry14r
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#96 » by larry14r » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:10 am

what would jack bauer do? wrote:Just watched farmar in the high school jordan classic from 2004. He looked like a much better pg back then. He just does not fit our system. Right now I rank Sasha's passing ability way above Farmar's, which I thought I'd never say about anyone in regards to Sasha. But man Farmar just needs to go, I love his winner's attitude but he clashes with the Lakers in more ways than one. When we trade him it certainly won't be a good riddance type of thing though; Farmar has so much talent but he's being tied down by the triangle.

Trade Farmar for a small forward and draft a pg like PATRICK MILLS! It'd be nice if we could steal a guy with a lot of potential like Corey Brewer since his stock is down due to injury. But Farmar is a pretty good trading chip to land a small forward that is defensive minded and can shoot the 3 at a high clip.

Expect Mchale won't trade with us because he hates us.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,970

Post#97 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:19 am

Jordan very well might be better suited for a different team. But unless he starts to expend at least marginal effort on the defensive end, that team isn't going to be worth a crap. Think 32 wins in Golden State or New York. Pretty on offense, terrible in the standings. Because unless you're the second coming of Steve Nash, which Jordan isn't, you simply can't afford to suck that bad on defense and expect to contribute in a meaningful way to a good team.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers