Home Court Watch (Rest or Play)

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Re: Home Court Watch (Rest or Play) 

Post#21 » by crazyeights » Fri Apr 3, 2009 3:58 am

The Spurs should be caught amidst of a tight division race with the Hornets too. This season, as lackluster as it has been, could be exciting down the wire here.
AceFresh
Senior
And1: 3

Post#22 » by AceFresh » Fri Apr 3, 2009 5:47 am

Play Play Play!!

Tomorrow's a big day for the race for HCA

We gotta take care of business against Houston.
Hopefully Dwight and co. can take care of the king.
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#23 » by dingclancy » Fri Apr 3, 2009 9:42 am

RevMan26 wrote:
AceFresh wrote: How did that end up for you?^

He said a "one-man-team" can't make the finals. We did. That was all I was saying.

The only thing that made it the "Finals" was the big trophy logo in the center of the court. Otherwise it was an asswhoopin.
MasterRyu
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#24 » by MasterRyu » Fri Apr 3, 2009 3:04 pm

Hell NO. Don't rest Kobe or Gasol or anyone. Just limit their minutes a little. HCA is still in sight. Even if we lost a few more games, completely resting a player is bad, as they may not sync up correctly for the playoffs.
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#25 » by dingclancy » Fri Apr 3, 2009 4:44 pm

Today is crucial. If we manage to close the gap to one game after today then we have a good chance to put the pressure. Remember we hold the tie-breaker. And I think we were 1.5 games behind NOH same time last year.
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect

Post#26 » by lakersfanatic » Fri Apr 3, 2009 7:45 pm

Unfortunately, as much rest as we want for kobe and pau, we can't rest them too much. We still have to maintain a winning record to at least be above Orlando and Boston. We most likely can't catch up to the Cavs but at least keep a descent gap between Orlando and Boston.

But i think we should limit their minutes drastically and start letting ammo and shannon play a little more. I mean if we don't let them play.. how are we supposed to get them ready for the playoffs.. some guys will get into a shooting slump or foul trouble and these guys will have to take their spot..etc.. Phil should or he's already thinking of the many different groups he would want to play against each team in the playoffs...
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#27 » by semi-sentient » Fri Apr 3, 2009 10:05 pm

Every game is a must win from here on out. I wasn't expecting a win from the Wiz, so that is the gift we needed for us to stay in the hunt.

The Cavs still have 4 tough games left (@Orlando, San Antonio, Boston, @Indiana) so we have a good shot at catching up IF we stop f'ing around and take care of business.

Regarding those 4 teams...

Orlando: They are trying to position themselves ahead of Boston, so they have no reason for a let down game.

San Antonio: They are pretty much fighting for a top 4 seed and are currently sitting at #3, so no let down game for them either. Their injury situation is the only thing that gives me doubts that they can pull one out in Cleveland, but the Cavs are due for a home loss.

Boston: If they have Garnett then it's possible for them to pull it out. Without, I doubt it.

Indiana: They play the top teams very well at home and they have already beaten the Cavs on their floor.

This could really go down to the wire.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
CX44
Analyst

Post#28 » by CX44 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 10:34 pm

I say play tonight and if Cleveland loses to Orlando then you have to make the push for HCA for the rest of the season. If Cle beats Orlando then its over I can't see Cle losing 2 more games.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,330

Post#29 » by Dr Aki » Sat Apr 4, 2009 12:40 am

i just hope cleveland stands to their crappy record against elite teams 4-10 or something like that
rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Post#30 » by rand0m » Sat Apr 4, 2009 1:37 am

Looks like Cleveland is going down tonight. They are practically letting LAL by... Hopefully they can step up.
shobe_81
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#31 » by shobe_81 » Sat Apr 4, 2009 5:09 am

I called it, kinda.

Too bad 2 road games weren't finished as needed :(

Now lets hope Cavs lose 2 more games.

They've got a tough one coming up @ Sixers
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,330

Post#32 » by Dr Aki » Sat Apr 4, 2009 5:10 am

just one if we win all our remaining games

i guess two only if we're counting the game up in portland a guaranteed loss
shobe_81
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#33 » by shobe_81 » Sat Apr 4, 2009 5:16 am

Akiho wrote:just one if we win all our remaining games

i guess two only if we're counting the game up in portland a guaranteed loss

That's the part that worries me :D You know our bench won't show up that game, it's a given. Lakers will play hard for first 8-10 minutes, then bench comes in and gives up 10+ pts by the end of 1st quarter, by the time starters get back in, the game rhythm is already huge towards Blazers and the crowd is going WILDDDDD :lol:

Update, just in case:

Ok, here are the standings as of 4/4/2008

Cleveland 61-15 (6 remaining games)
Lakers 60-16 (6 remaining games)
Boston 58-19 (5 remaining games)
Orlando 56-19 (7 remaining games)

Remaining Schedule for each team:

Cavs: Vs Spurs, Vs Wizards, @ Sixers, Vs Celtics, @ Pacers, Vs Sixers
Celtics: Vs Nets, Vs Heat, @ Cavs, @ Sixers, Vs Wizards
Magic: @ Atlanta, @ Houston, Vs Memphis, Vs Knicks, @ Nets, @ Bucks, Vs Bobcats
Lakers: Vs Clippers, @ Kings, Vs Denver, @ Portland :evil: Vs Memphis (don't play Bynum :-? ), Vs Utah

The crappy thing about Lakers schedule: We play Portland on a back-to-back game right after Denver = little rest and prep

Bold are the tough games

The magic number is 4 Wins out of the 6 games to hold off the Magic (no pun intended) :D for the home court and 3 wins to hold off the Celtics

In my estimation the magic number is 6 straight wins and 1-2 Cavs losses.

Cross your fingers ladies and gents, we want home court throughout and it's within reach
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#34 » by Jajwanda » Sat Apr 4, 2009 6:54 pm

They did go on a run last year to get it at the very end of the season (WCF home court). If the return of Andrew Bynum goes well they might just have a shot.

Cleveland may lose to San Antonio on Sunday. I think it's a stupid assumption to think that all because it's at home Cleveland can't lose. The same goes with the Boston game. As for their road games I think they could easily lose the game against Philadelphia.

One easy way to figure out probability in a road game is simply a team's home versus the other's away record. 23-15, 25-14 (Sixers vs. Cavs). It's a good matchup game for the Sixers. They have the personnel to give Cleveland fits and with some luck they could beat them and even the score for us. After that it's a matter of can we finally win that elusive really long win streak. We bit Milwuakee and Houston, with six more games to go it would take something like that to do this. It's that Portland game that's the question.
NOODLESTYLE
Lead Assistant
And1: 828

Post#35 » by NOODLESTYLE » Sat Apr 4, 2009 11:53 pm

Play, but try to rest Fisher for the playoffs.
A-Train
Junior

Post#36 » by A-Train » Sun Apr 5, 2009 4:05 am

We should beat Portland if drew is back and Odom can give that extra lift to the bench
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,563

Post#37 » by hermes » Sun Apr 5, 2009 6:02 pm

wow HC seemed lost and the cavs go and help us out, now we're back in the thick of it
miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Post#38 » by miggs » Mon Apr 6, 2009 7:15 pm

i watched the Cavs v.s. Spurs game and man, i haven't seen the Spurs play so poorly in quite a long time. Parker ended up with 24 pts but duncan and ginobili only got 10 pts combined! The spurs tho, were in the 2nd of a back to back and well honestly, i didn't think they'd win, however, i didn't expect the Cavs to beat them so badly. Duncan's face in the final seconds was like someone who just realized they are no longer contenders. Sad game to watch, but Parker did well lol

I think the Cavs can possibly lose two games. The Boston game and the road game at Philly. Realistically i see the Cavs beating boston just because kg won't be playing. So hopefully we don't lose more than one more game to end the season otherwise the cavs will win it. I say we keep playin in that race but don't overwork our players, i like what the bench did last night. it was GREAT to see Brown and Morrison in. Brown played pretty nice 8-)
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust

Return to Los Angeles Lakers