ImageImageImageImageImage

RUMOR: Shannon Brown leaving for Maccabi Tel Aviv

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

MitchSlapped
Starter
And1: 32

RUMOR: Shannon Brown leaving for Maccabi Tel Aviv 

Post#1 » by MitchSlapped » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:01 am

Before you guys flame me, no I don't have a source but my Israeli dad read this on a hebrew sports website and it said that he's going to sign with Maccabi Tel Aviv for $2 million a year, but not sure if the deal is multi-year. You can go ahead and lock this but just letting ya guys know. As an Israeli-American, meh, i dont really give a **** that hes going to Israel.
MitchSlapped
Starter

Re: RUMOR: Shannon Brown leaving for Maccabi Tel Aviv 

Post#2 » by MitchSlapped » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:09 am

Again this is just a rumor for now, but tomorrow I'l ask my dad to get the source and il do a translation and put it on this thread tomorrow morning. If any of you guys are good at hebrew go on one.co.il and try to find the article. I can't find it my Hebrew is just awful
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#3 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:10 am

Yeah you can bet it gets the MASTER LOCK.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
vinnycorleone
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by vinnycorleone » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:54 am

TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#5 » by TylersLakers » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:07 am

Considering his agent isn't even allowed to speak to teams while he's under contract... I'll take this as speculation, usually what it always is from those papers. Their job is to sell papers, and they'll go to whatever extent seems reasonable.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#6 » by Dr Aki » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:39 am

2 mil per? the lakers can afford that

im sure shanwow would want to stay in the US instead of israel
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#7 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:53 pm

this would be a good thread for Davidse to come out of retirement.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,566

Post#8 » by hermes » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:48 pm

i don't speak the language (or read it) but this looks like a "no results found for shannon brown" page to me

http://www.one.co.il/Cat/General/Search ... InOne=true
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by lakersfanatic » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:32 pm

are you sure they didn't mistaken Shannon for Farmer? lol jk

i doubt he'll be leaving considering the more minutes that we're giving him.. plus he's playing well for us. If we get the championship.. he will be asking for more most definitely...

Now if they want adam.. by all means, go ahead hehe
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#10 » by Tommy Trojan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:55 pm

lakersfanatic wrote:are you sure they didn't mistaken Shannon for Farmer? lol

Agree, we can donate Farmar to them.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#11 » by TonyMontana » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:14 pm

I really doubt that he will go to Israel for 2 mil a year since Im sure he can get much better contract and more money here in the states specially if he plays and contributes to this teams success like he has been.
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by lakersfanatic » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:26 pm

welcome back tonY!!.

Shannon brown for our next slam dunk contest!!! the guy has mad hops!
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#13 » by TonyMontana » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:30 pm

lakersfanatic wrote:welcome back tonY!!.
the guy has mad hops!

Thank you brah ..... :bowdown: YES HE DOES>>>>>> :wink:
MitchSlapped
Starter

Post#14 » by MitchSlapped » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:35 pm

Yo guys I found the source

http://www.one.co.il/Article/08-09/2,62 ... 35439.html

I put it on a translator, its confusing, but I guess in the bottom of the article it says Maccabi is going to get in negotiation with him, so not too sure where my dad got that he's for sure going to Israel lol

Current season not yet ended but Hamacabbi Tel Aviv continue to look for players in March the following season when the new name on the list is the strengthening of the long gloomy Brown, Gard Hsoting of Los Angeles Liikrs.

Brown (23, 1.91 meters), a native of Illinois graduate of Michigan State College, was chosen instead of the -25 Bdraft 2006 of the Cleveland-NBA by Kablirs of Baron James.

Brown Cichb prime of life in high school, along with enough Frubisio Brown, Maccabi player today. After successful high school election period but the game was Brown star American College of Michigan State coach Tom Aizolahr three great seasons in Hsfrtns Csbaonto last trace is an average of 17.2 points, 4.4 and -2.7 Ribaundim Asistim went to Brown-NBA. The first movement Bkavs durable Brown averages of 3.2 and -8.8 points in 23 minutes a game impressions. The last season in Cleveland, but after starting 15 games in which the registrar -7 points as the game went Trade waltz Chicago, where he wrote 6 impressions with only minimal contribution.

The current season began Bsharlot Bovkts -30 and the first game of the season curtain 4.8 points in 12 minutes a game. In February, Brown was Lliikrs as part of a trade-Rdmnovic man Morison and -17 in which affiliate games projectile almost 3 points a game.

Brown is considered a great player protection, but an amazing athlete is deficient, so the ability his bullet could not spike any group of NBA.

You must specify a dozen names suggested Hamacabbi, some time before they are offered to strengthen the negotiations with the player until the season following the closing of Staff, are expected to Maccabi fans girdle patiently until locking the new staff Hmiohl
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#15 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:31 pm

IBTL
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,391

Post#16 » by Danny Darko » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:06 am

I saw this the second it was posted. I didn't lock it while I waited for a link(thanks for the link btw). Now there's a link and an article, so I don't see any need to lock, but honestly- I would be shocked if Shannon doesn't like the idea of getting rings on a team likely to be a dynasty.

2mil? not enough. You'd have to talk at Josh Childress money to get him.
MitchSlapped
Starter

Post#17 » by MitchSlapped » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:23 am

Danny Darko wrote:I saw this the second it was posted. I didn't lock it while I waited for a link(thanks for the link btw). Now there's a link and an article, so I don't see any need to lock, but honestly- I would be shocked if Shannon doesn't like the idea of getting rings on a team likely to be a dynasty.

2mil? not enough. You'd have to talk at Josh Childress money to get him.

Well Lakers are running a tight budget. First priority is re-signing Ariza and Odom to about 4-5, maybe 6 mil each. Lakers already start this summer 3 mil over the luxury tax, and by retaining both players they can get to as much as 10-11 mil over the tax. Also Kobe is expected to use his ETO and sign a new deal with the Lakers that will probably give him even more money than he makes now. If Lakers are able to rid themselves of Walton/Morrison's 5 mil this summer by trading them for draft picks before Brown signs such a deal with Maccabi, then Lakers would probably give him 2 mil for a year or 2.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,391

Post#18 » by Danny Darko » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:23 am

If Odom stays as he says he wants to, he'll take a pay cut (again said he would). Kobe is an x factor, you never know if he'll see the value in winning over salary and cut us a break or go for gold.(depends on how loud Vanessa's voice is)

Say goodbye to Farmar and hopefully the deal will actually be to rid us of Luke or Morrison's contract to a team with cap room.

Also, Bus has said repeatedly he'll pay the tax. I don't think we'll offer Shannon more than 2, but I highly doubt he takes anything in that ballpark to shift out of the NBA on a championship team.
BlaZeN27
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by BlaZeN27 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:42 am

How impressive has Brown been since he came over from Charlotte exactly? Does he seem like a long term solution for you all at the point? I use to love watching Shannon back when he was at Michigan State.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#20 » by Dr Aki » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:20 am

BlaZeN27 wrote:How impressive has Brown been since he came over from Charlotte exactly? Does he seem like a long term solution for you all at the point? I use to love watching Shannon back when he was at Michigan State.

think trevor ariza but smaller with a better jumpshot

he hasnt been a lockdown defender, but he plays with energy, plays above the rim and most importantly stays in front of his man (most of the time) on defense

unlike farmar, who has seemingly regressed

Return to Los Angeles Lakers