Re: One Love = Bibby "Purple & Gold" 

Post#41 » by Tommy Trojan » Wed May 6, 2009 6:38 am

The F**k!
supaflash
Sixth Man
And1: 131

Post#42 » by supaflash » Wed May 6, 2009 5:40 pm

"Mike Bibby poses a greater problem. His 14 point (six shots), five assist first half went a long way toward the Hawks scoring 1.1 points per possession during the first 24 minutes. His defense, though, had a lot to do with Cleveland scoring 1.22 points per possession ... Cleveland ... made a concerted effort to run their offense at Mike Bibby to such a degree that, at times, it appeared that the newly crowned MVP was their second option, the first being 'whoever Mike Bibby is guarding.' Cleveland ran screen-and-roll with Bibby's man setting the screen. Cleveland ran screen-and-roll for Bibby's man to force him to switch onto the big man cutting to the basket. Cleveland ran isolations for Mo Williams on the rare possessions where Bibby attempted to guard him ... Mike Bibby is central to the offensive success of both teams. This is obviously a troubling state of affairs ... There isn't a Cavalier that won't exploit Bibby's defensive limitations. Perhaps the answer is just to put Bibby on Williams and take that medicine rather than create a third reliable offensive option for Cleveland."

yeah thats what we need...
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#43 » by Dexmor » Wed May 6, 2009 9:13 pm

Bibby A Laker? I would celebrate and have a party that would last a week straight. The Lakers with a good pg would be an amazing team.

How could they possibly let Odom go when he backups up Bynum and Ariza minutes wise and even Walton is injured alot. They can't let him go.

As for Farmar for a draft pick I like that.

If they could do this it would be ideal

Bibby-Fisher-Brown
Kobe-Sasha
Ariza-Odom-Walton
Gasol-Odom-Powell
Bynum-DJ

hopefully we can draft a pg like Collison and maybe a backup C and it won't be DJ and there would be a good addition in backcourt.
miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Post#44 » by miggs » Wed May 6, 2009 9:22 pm

[quote="Dexmor"]
Bibby-Fisher-Brown
Kobe-Sasha
Ariza-Odom-Walton
Gasol-Odom-Powell
Bynum-DJquote]

I was wondering if that would be possible, keeping LO & Ariza and just signing Bibby to the MLE and using Farmar's wasted contract money on re-signing Brown. Is this possible? I don't know anything about the Cap and CBA rules.
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust
pdub15
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#45 » by pdub15 » Wed May 6, 2009 10:02 pm

Bibby is a nice addition but he is only a nice addition if we keep Odom & Ariza. Yeah that doesn't help us save cash but win or lose resigning both of those guys is key to our depth, adding Bibby (at MLE only), trading Farmar for a 2010 pick, and using the 2009 1st to fill a hole would be the best way to go to either repeating or staying at the championship level.
Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#46 » by Lost Angel » Thu May 7, 2009 2:49 am

he said that if we win will keep Odom.

i think Odom will stay in the Purple and Gold. lets get him some endorsements so he stays for less!!!!!!!! lol

Return to Los Angeles Lakers