Ex-Laker Coby dishing on Kobe & Co. to Daddy

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Jordan-esque
Bench Warmer
And1: 399

Ex-Laker Coby dishing on Kobe & Co. to Daddy 

Post#1 » by Jordan-esque » Tue May 19, 2009 7:28 pm

Don't konw if this was posted: Coby Karl telling all to Daddy Karl

If the Lakers discover the Denver coaching staff shouting out Laker sets before they run them tonight, they can blame an otherwise innocuous roster move made the morning of their season opener.

That was the day the Lakers trimmed their roster to 14 by cutting guard Coby Karl. The son of Denver coach George Karl has since fed his father every bit of inside intelligence he garnered during his 15-month stint with the Lakers, in hopes of giving the Nuggets a leg-up in the Western Conference finals.

Among the highlights of the younger Karl's report: tips on containing Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom, a recap of how the Lakers coaches advised the team to defend Carmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith, and an amusing look inside Phil Jackson's film room before last year's first-round series against Denver.

"He told me they had a tape of us that had cartoons spliced in when we would run and get a dunk," George Karl said. "They would have a cartoon Mickey Mouse going 'Ouch' or getting hit over the head with a hammer just to emphasize 'we can't let them do this.' "
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,819

Re: Ex-Laker Coby dishing on Kobe & Co. to Daddy 

Post#2 » by TyCobb » Tue May 19, 2009 7:39 pm

Snitch. **** Coby Karl. After all the Lakers did to give this kid an opportunity to fulfill his dreams, this is how he repays them?

**** that kid.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Joe Kleazy
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#3 » by Joe Kleazy » Tue May 19, 2009 7:41 pm

At this point in the season if you dont know what the other team likes to do then your fu**ed anyway. coby karl is a b**ch for this either way though.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#4 » by crazyeights » Tue May 19, 2009 7:44 pm

We're going to beat them either way.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#5 » by TonyMontana » Tue May 19, 2009 7:45 pm

TyCobb wrote:Snitch. **** Coby Karl. After all the Lakers did to give this kid an opportunity to fulfill his dreams, this is how he repays them?

**** that kid.

No ish, I never liked that Benedict Arnold looking *****. Im glad he got cut and skip his dad too. Cant win staright up, he has to have his itch snitch son help him cheat, but we all know Phil too well.
Sorry to say this kid isnt going to have a bright future after this and the fact he cant play for ish.
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#6 » by lakersfanatic » Tue May 19, 2009 7:59 pm

there goes his chance with re-signing with one of the best teams in the league. With this info.. George could at least bring his son to play for his team.. oh wait.. even his dad doesn't want him.. lol.

Basically just poor judgement by going to the press about it. It's only going to fuel the intensity in the Lakers if it is true. But by now the teams should all know who they're going against.. .tips or no tips, it shouldn't matter.
Frantik
Sixth Man
And1: 37

Post#7 » by Frantik » Tue May 19, 2009 8:03 pm

If you were George Karl, would you do the same? If you were Cobe Karl, would you want to see daddy happy so much that you would tell daddy whatever daddy wanted to know?

The guy is a fcukin snitch but hey this is the NBA championship we're talking about here! You hire the best scouts, insiders, you read all the papers, you listen to all the inteligence that is available to you, you draw on the experience of your players, you make a plan and you go smash the opponent and do it for your city. This is fair game. I bet Fisher had some insights about how to beat Jerry Sloan... but yo! the fact is that these coaches know what each other likes to do anyway...

I dont like the sound of it, but then again i cant knock the kid or his daddy ...Bottomline is that LAKERS WILL WIN IT so it doesnt matter!
Kobe1986
Banned User

Post#8 » by Kobe1986 » Tue May 19, 2009 8:21 pm

**** that kid he cant even play the game
Flipdog69xxx
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#9 » by Flipdog69xxx » Tue May 19, 2009 8:31 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlobwo1kp7Y

haha but nah, obviously coby karl is not the first to do this. besides, like Frantik said, by now teams got a good idea of what you runnin already. Even Kobe said this in "Doin' Work".

I just wanted to post that vid though. dope song.
USA
Banned User
And1: 455

Post#10 » by USA » Tue May 19, 2009 9:00 pm

LOL, if Denver needs 'inside info' from Coby Carl to help beat the Lakers then they are in trouble.
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#11 » by Tommy Trojan » Tue May 19, 2009 9:04 pm

TyCobb wrote:Snitch. **** Coby Karl. After all the Lakers did to give this kid an opportunity to fulfill his dreams, this is how he repays them?

**** that kid.

:lol: good one
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#12 » by semi-sentient » Tue May 19, 2009 9:19 pm

I HATE WHITE PEOPLE
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#13 » by semi-sentient » Tue May 19, 2009 9:22 pm

On a serious note, I doubt that coach Karl would have gotten all that much out of his son. He hasn't played for the team in quite a while and he wasn't here long enough for it to really matter. We aren't going to play the Nuggets the same as we did last year, so hopefully Karl actually takes his advice.

Besides that, Karl has to know the triangle fairly well by know. Phil has abused him enough times in the playoffs/finals that I can't imagine he hasn't studied it extensively. This is a non-issue, IMO.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#14 » by DEEP3CL » Tue May 19, 2009 9:46 pm

Funny thing is that there are no "sets" in the Triangle.......the offense is based on reading the defense anyway. Hell Denver can't defend anyway, I'm not buying all this crap about them emphasizing defense. But I knew Karl would do some b*tchassness stuff like that, that's why I never liked him.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#15 » by crazyeights » Tue May 19, 2009 9:56 pm

But Deep, that's assuming we only run the triangle....
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#16 » by LLcoleJ » Tue May 19, 2009 9:57 pm

That must be why Houston gave us such a hard time. Cook and Wafer were spilling the beans.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,392

Post#17 » by Danny Darko » Tue May 19, 2009 10:01 pm

What evs. Coby can do whatever he wants and it won't help them.
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#18 » by microfib4thewin » Tue May 19, 2009 10:07 pm

You guys act like Coby signed a NDA or something. He has the right to spill the bean on his former team, and since it's been a full season from his departure the plans are probably much more different considering how different this Nugget team is.
SALMIEN
Junior

Post#19 » by SALMIEN » Tue May 19, 2009 10:25 pm

what a shame!
magic1fan
Starter

Post#20 » by magic1fan » Tue May 19, 2009 10:45 pm

lol...i used to like coby carl when he was here. i still do,i respect how he didn't bow down to cancer and stood up anf fought it...
Only on realgm is 27,000 points, 5 rings, 1 rs mvp and 2 finals mvp considered overrated!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers