RealGM Forums Commonly Asked Questions

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,599

RealGM Forums Commonly Asked Questions 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:37 pm

Commonly Asked Questions

Can you help me with an issue with my account?

If you have an issue with your account, please make a post on this thread

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1253356

and we will be happy to assist you.

If you cannot access your account, please fill out the Contact Us Form

https://basketball.realgm.com/info/contact_us

and we will get back to you.

How can I become a Moderator?

We know many users are interested in becoming a Moderator, but please do not contact us regarding your interest.

When there is a vacancy on a particular forum, We look for a lot of things and work hard to make sure we pick the best person through our vetting process.

Anyone who wishes to become a Moderator should simply continue to post like they do every day and conduct themselves well on our forums.

How can I change my user name?

Users may request a user name change in the User Name Change Thread on our Feedback and Suggestions Forum.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1250573

Please read the first post before posting a user name change request.

Why is there a 30 day Waiting Period to post on The General NBA Discussion Forum?

In the summer of 2012, we decided to make some reforms to our General NBA Forum to improve the discussion on the forum.

Unlike some of our other large forums, The General NBA Discussion Forum has posters that are fans of all 30 NBA Teams, as well as many individual players. There is far more debate and a lot of violations are committed because of that debate amongst fan bases and a lot of users who simply want to stir up trouble.

In addition, many users were getting a ton of violations for our General NBA Discussion Forum while receiving none in any other forum and ones who were banned were coming back with new accounts picking right up where they left off.

We decided that a 30-day waiting period would help new users adjust to the forum and dramatically cut back on recently-banned users coming back and derailing user discussion.

While inconvient to some, this policy has helped us dramatically improve discussion on our General NBA Forum and led to less users being banned simply for offenses committed on the General NBA Discussion Forum.

Could you make an exception and let a new user post before the 100 day waiting period?

We prefer that all new users adjust to our forums before posting on our General NBA Forum.

There are no exceptions.

How do I file a complaint about an Issue on the forums?

Send a Private Message to Administrator Howard Mass

How Can I Make A Suggestion?

If you have a suggestion or would like to give us some Feedback, please make a post on our Feedback and Suggestions Forum.

viewforum.php?f=40

I am interested in writing for the main page of RealGM, who can I contact?

Fill out the Contact Us form for 'Job Opportunities', while including a brief description of your experience, interest and sport/team you would like to focus on. If we feel RealGM could be a good fit for you, we will reply with next steps.

https://basketball.realgm.com/info/contact_us
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Forum Rules and F.A.Q