NHL Gives NHLPA 120-Day Notice

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

NHL Gives NHLPA 120-Day Notice 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Thu May 17, 2012 10:58 pm

ESPN.com - In a procedural formality, the NHL has provided the required 120-day notice to the players' union in order to make changes to the CBA, an NHLPA spokesman confirmed to ESPN.com.

The current CBA expires Sept. 15. If either party wanted to extend the agreement, the current one would automatically have been extended for another season.

At the general managers' meetings in mid-March, commissioner Gary Bettman said he was "not particularly concerned" about the negotiating timeline. [READ]

Read more: http://hockey.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar ... z1vAdtyR3I

So this basically means we could be and probably are looking at another lockout.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: NHL Gives NHLPA 120-Day Notice 

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Good grief. What's the story on the realignment and all that jazz...is that still totally dead?
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 60

Post#3 » by OldNo7 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:07 am

Let's not over-react. It was widely known that there would be CBA discussions. This is merely a formality where the NHL indicates they don't intend to operate under the exact same CBA and they need to work out a new one.
Twitter: @NickObergan
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Nolan » Fri May 18, 2012 1:29 am

OldNo7 wrote:Let's not over-react. It was widely known that there would be CBA discussions. This is merely a formality where the NHL indicates they don't intend to operate under the exact same CBA and they need to work out a new one.

Ya everyone expected this to happen. But with all the changes Bettman and Co are going to push for I can see this getting ugly.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#5 » by WEFFPIM » Fri May 18, 2012 2:20 am

Please don't lockout.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#6 » by trwi7 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:40 am

WEFFPIM wrote:Please don't lockout.

This. I need an alternative to the Bucks, even if that alternative is the equally pathetic Wild.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 60

Post#7 » by OldNo7 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:42 am

Nolan wrote:
OldNo7 wrote:Let's not over-react. It was widely known that there would be CBA discussions. This is merely a formality where the NHL indicates they don't intend to operate under the exact same CBA and they need to work out a new one.

Ya everyone expected this to happen. But with all the changes Bettman and Co are going to push for I can see this getting ugly.

For the first time maybe ever, I am not worried about Bettman, but worried about Donald Fehr.
Twitter: @NickObergan
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Nolan » Fri May 18, 2012 4:47 pm

^
+1 on Fehr.

Return to The General NHL Board