Rick Nash finally traded to Rangers

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: Rick Nash finally traded to Rangers 

Post#41 » by Nolan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:48 pm

trwi7 wrote:So the 24 year old Credit Union Centre is in no worse shape than the 8 year old MTS Centre? I somehow find that hard to believe.

Well i've been to both stadiums and its true. The Credit Union Centres been well maintained and updated over the years its a solid venue.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#42 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:51 am

Houston Metro Area - around 6.08 million
Seattle Metro Area - around 3.5 million
Kansas City Metro Area - around 2.1 million
Columbus Metro Area - around 1.8 million
Omaha Metro Area - around 1.2 million

Quebec City Metro Area - around 760,000
Hamilton Metro Area - around 720,000
Saskatoon Metro Area - around 272,000

Last season's highest rated HNIC broadcast - March 3rd; Toronto v. Montreal - 2.51 million average (3.37 peak).
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,170

Post#43 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:17 am

WEFFPIM wrote:Houston Metro Area - around 6.08 million
Seattle Metro Area - around 3.5 million
Kansas City Metro Area - around 2.1 million
Columbus Metro Area - around 1.8 million
Omaha Metro Area - around 1.2 million

Quebec City Metro Area - around 760,000
Hamilton Metro Area - around 720,000
Saskatoon Metro Area - around 272,000

Last season's highest rated HNIC broadcast - March 3rd; Toronto v. Montreal - 2.51 million average (3.37 peak).

And if this is their best then imagine how bad a Houston team would do on TV. Texas is a football state they love their cowgirls and high school, Long Horns and Aggies then then Spurs and Mavs will be big draws as well. Putting a struggling team their is a disaster waiting to happen.

Quebec may not have the people but you have Ottawa which is close and has some French pockets and you have a ton of small hockey mad cities/towns like Sherbrooke, Laval, Trois-Riviers and Shawinigan all like I said who will go watch games in Quebec City.

Trust me Omaha isn't getting a team and neither is a Ohio based city as well
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#44 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:25 pm

I think it'd be best if you stop taking up the role as Knower Of All Things America.

Omaha isn't getting a team, just like Saskatoon. Ohio has a team, and it will stay.

Thank you.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#45 » by trwi7 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:22 pm

Yeah, they're definitely Spurs and Mavs crazy in Houston.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by Nolan » Wed Aug 1, 2012 2:40 pm

trwi7 wrote:Yeah, they're definitely Spurs and Mavs crazy in Houston.

He may be wrong about that. But you can't deny the point he's trying to get across, in the southern states hockey is at best a 4th tier sport behind the NFL, NBA and MLB. Moving a team there basically means your going to have to try and force feed a new market another sport and hope enough people show up to make to profitable.

In markets like Saskatoon, Hamilton and Quebec City hockeys going to automatically be the hot ticket, they're not going to have to fight with other sports for fans and they're not going to have to spend the buttloads on marketing that teams in Houston, Omaha, Kansas City and Seattle would have to spend.

Sure places like Houston, Omaha, Kansas City and Seattle have the population but that doesn't mean anything if no one cares about the game. As far as i'm concerned the sun belt expansion has been a failure, if the league wants to relocate teams they should go to more traditional hockey markets.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#47 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Aug 1, 2012 4:00 pm

If the league relocates back to "more traditional markets," it would die a slow death.

People, the money and the advertising to keep this league viable is in America. Which is why Columbus will stay in Columbus, and the Islanders will move to Brooklyn, KC or Seattle. And Canada will get teams if the league expands to 32, because they won't lose potentially big amounts of American dollars but would gain hefty expansion fees from markets who will pony up for them.

And the myth that Sun Belt hockey has failed needs to die a quicker death, and is insulting to fans in Carolina, Nashville, Tampa, Dallas, Anaheim and San Jose.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#48 » by trwi7 » Wed Aug 1, 2012 4:04 pm

I don't think you guys realize how good of a hockey market Houston is? How many Canadian markets would pay $90 for on the glass seats for AHL games like they do in Houston?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
UN-Owen
Banned User
And1: 409

Post#49 » by UN-Owen » Wed May 7, 2014 3:08 pm

47 goals and 81 points in 109 regular season games for the Rangers

1 goal and 9 points in 22 playoff games with the Rangers

Even if you still think Nash was stolen by New York, I doubt very much Columbus will be pressing charges
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by Nolan » Sat May 10, 2014 7:37 pm

UN-Owen wrote:47 goals and 81 points in 109 regular season games for the Rangers

Even if you still think Nash was stolen by New York, I doubt very much Columbus will be pressing charges

He's been awful in the playoffs this year. I thought it might of just been Torts last year but the problems obviously Nash.
UN-Owen
Banned User
And1: 409

Post#51 » by UN-Owen » Sat May 10, 2014 10:54 pm

Nolan wrote:
UN-Owen wrote:47 goals and 81 points in 109 regular season games for the Rangers

He's been awful in the playoffs this year. I thought it might of just been Torts last year but the problems obviously Nash.

He's Peter Bondra in a bigger body

Will probably reach 500 goals for his career, but the guy isn't a franchise player

Return to The General NHL Board