Tortorella Get's Canned

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Tortorella Get's Canned 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Wed May 29, 2013 11:58 pm

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/9322234/john-tortorella-fired-new-york-rangers-head-coach

The Rangers, who went to the Eastern Conference finals last season, entered the lockout-shortened 2013 season with lofty expectations.

On a conference call with reporters Wednesday, Rangers team president and general manager Glen Sather didn't go into detail about the reasons Tortorella was let go, but said that Tortorella was "shocked" to hear the news.

"It wasn't one thing," Sather said, declining to elaborate on the reason. "I think I made the right decision so we can move forward in another direction."

Not a shocking move. Tortorella hammered the last nail into his coffin when he benched Richards.

The question I have now is will someone else hire him anytime soon? Personally I think he's the perfect guy for Vancouver but i'm so sure that the Canucks feel the same way.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."

Return to The General NHL Board