Vanek Dealt to the Islanders

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Vanek Dealt to the Islanders 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:49 am

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/islanders-acquire-vanek-for-moulson-picks/

BUFFALO, N.Y. — The Buffalo Sabres have begun the process of change by trading co-captain Thomas Vanek to the New York Islanders for winger Matt Moulson and two draft picks.

Vanek and Moulson are set to become unrestricted free agents this summer. The Islanders sent a 2014 first-round pick and a 2015 second-round pick to the Sabres in the deal.

Love this for Buffalo hate it for the Islanders.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
TheRealistGM
Veteran
And1: 849

Re: Vanek Dealt to the Islanders 

Post#2 » by TheRealistGM » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:52 am

Wow I would have figured just moulson would be enough. Those two picks make this a huge steal for the sabres.
UN-Owen
Banned User
And1: 409

Post#3 » by UN-Owen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:14 pm

Vanek has put up some solid numbers, but I'm not really familiar with him as a player

Is Hejduk a fair comparison? A poor man's Kovalchuk perhaps? Or maybe there's some power to his game in the mold of a Hossa or Heatley?

Dude registers a lot of shots, so maybe he's the European Jeff Carter?

I think the Islanders have a lot of cap space, so maybe they intend to re-sign Vanek before the summer

Is Yashin off their books yet?
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#4 » by Nolan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:05 pm

UN-Owen wrote:Vanek has put up some solid numbers, but I'm not really familiar with him as a player

Is Hejduk a fair comparison? A poor man's Kovalchuk perhaps? Or maybe there's some power to his game in the mold of a Hossa or Heatley?

Dude registers a lot of shots, so maybe he's the European Jeff Carter?

I think the Islanders have a lot of cap space, so maybe they intend to re-sign Vanek before the summer

Is Yashin off their books yet?

Offensively Hejduk a fair comparison but Vanek isn't on his level defensively.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."

Return to The General NHL Board