2014-15 General Game Thread

Moderator: Nolan

User avatar
Nolan
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,366
And1: 5,887
Joined: Aug 26, 2007
Location: Edmonton AB
   

2014-15 General Game Thread 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:34 pm

Discuss away.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
User avatar
Nolan
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,366
And1: 5,887
Joined: Aug 26, 2007
Location: Edmonton AB
   

Re: 2014-15 General Game Thread 

Post#2 » by Nolan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:48 pm

So the Av's are really struggling.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
User avatar
Brew666
Junior
Posts: 452
And1: 22
Joined: Apr 13, 2010
         

Re: 2014-15 General Game Thread 

Post#3 » by Brew666 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:27 pm

I guess when you play no defense and rely on your goalie to stop everything it can happen. I haven't watched too many games but Washington seems like they're playing pretty well though.

Same could be said w/ the Isle and Flames too. I don't expect it to last w/ the Flames but the Islanders could surprise some teams. Getting a solid a goaltender was a big key for that team.
User avatar
Nolan
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,366
And1: 5,887
Joined: Aug 26, 2007
Location: Edmonton AB
   

Re: 2014-15 General Game Thread 

Post#4 » by Nolan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:48 am

Brew666 wrote:I guess when you play no defense and rely on your goalie to stop everything it can happen. I haven't watched too many games but Washington seems like they're playing pretty well though.

Same could be said w/ the Isle and Flames too. I don't expect it to last w/ the Flames but the Islanders could surprise some teams. Getting a solid a goaltender was a big key for that team.


I really like the Flames. They play hard, they play defense and they're kinda fun to watch.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
User avatar
Brew666
Junior
Posts: 452
And1: 22
Joined: Apr 13, 2010
         

Re: 2014-15 General Game Thread 

Post#5 » by Brew666 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Haha, I refuse to like the Flames or give them any credit. As a Leafs fan I've come to despise most teams in the Eastern conference and all the other Canadian teams [except the Oilers].

I think it's going to be tough for them just b/c they're in the West but they definitely have some solid pieces moving forward.
User avatar
Nolan
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,366
And1: 5,887
Joined: Aug 26, 2007
Location: Edmonton AB
   

Re: 2014-15 General Game Thread 

Post#6 » by Nolan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Brew666 wrote:Haha, I refuse to like the Flames or give them any credit. As a Leafs fan I've come to despise most teams in the Eastern conference and all the other Canadian teams [except the Oilers].

I think it's going to be tough for them just b/c they're in the West but they definitely have some solid pieces moving forward.


I'm supposed to hate the Flames but it's just so hard to do.

Gonna be an emotional night in Ottawa tonight.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
User avatar
Brew666
Junior
Posts: 452
And1: 22
Joined: Apr 13, 2010
         

Re: 2014-15 General Game Thread 

Post#7 » by Brew666 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:12 pm

Wow, an Oil fan who can't hate the Flames?!? I guess it's been a long time since they've had any relevant games against each other.

I'd have to say it's one of my favourite rivalries in sports though. Regardless where the teams are in the standings it's usually a good game and some of the best playoff series involved those teams.. This week they were showing a game from a flames oilers playoff series in 88 or 89 and it was so good. Hockey was so much slower then but for me, it was a golden era.
User avatar
Nolan
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,366
And1: 5,887
Joined: Aug 26, 2007
Location: Edmonton AB
   

Re: 2014-15 General Game Thread 

Post#8 » by Nolan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:41 pm

Brew666 wrote:Wow, an Oil fan who can't hate the Flames?!? I guess it's been a long time since they've had any relevant games against each other.

I'd have to say it's one of my favourite rivalries in sports though. Regardless where the teams are in the standings it's usually a good game and some of the best playoff series involved those teams.. This week they were showing a game from a flames oilers playoff series in 88 or 89 and it was so good. Hockey was so much slower then but for me, it was a golden era.


I find it a lot easier to hate the Oilers :lol:
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
User avatar
hsb
RealGM
Posts: 11,306
And1: 6,010
Joined: Nov 19, 2006
       

Re: 2014-15 General Game Thread 

Post#9 » by hsb » Thu Jan 1, 2015 10:45 pm




"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'

Return to The General NHL Board