Ovechkin vs Crosby

Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#21 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:06 pm

timd1218 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree to a certain extent as to who Ovechkin plays with, but did you ever think Crosby is making Staal, Malkin, Gonchar and Whitney better?

Well the Pens success (especially Malkin whos amazing) without Crosby debunks that.

Ovechkin has intangibles that you just can't teach and his athletic skills are rare.

If a GM was building his team, I think he'd take Ovie over Crosby, simply because Ovechkin is showing this year what he can do with a team mostly with scrubs and average players (though Backstrom is on his way to stardom). Caps have been on a tear since Boudreau took over and would have been the third seed or higher had Glen Hanlon never dug a massive hole for our team to overcome.

No team in NHL history has ever made the playoffs with a losing record in November. The Caps will do it this year, and if we do there is no way you can't name Ovechkin the league MVP and the best player in the league. Hes put us in this situation with a new head coach and our key players struggling with injuries.

I <3 Ovie.

timd1218 wrote:Ovechkin is on a line with Semin. Next season, he will be playing with Backstrom. When Crosby still has a better season, there should not be any excuse. If Ovechkin is better then Crosby, he should make Backstrom have a better season as a Rookie.

:lol:

Backstrom didn't start on the first line for a part of this season and Semin was hurt for a good part.

Ovechkin continues to score 60 goals for the first time in 12 years and lead the league in points.

Backstrom is leading the rookies in points too. So Ovie this year did pretty much everything you said :lol:
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#22 » by timd1218 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:50 pm

Well the Pens success (especially Malkin whos amazing) without Crosby debunks that.

Ovechkin has intangibles that you just can't teach and his athletic skills are rare.

Up until Crosby got hurt, everytime Malkin needed a jump start, guess whose line he was placed on? Yep, Crosby's, so yes, Crosby did make him better.

As far as intangibles and athletic skill, I'm pretty sure Crosby has the same things.

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:lol:

Backstrom didn't start on the first line for a part of this season and Semin was hurt for a good part.

Ovechkin continues to score 60 goals for the first time in 12 years and lead the league in points.

Backstrom is leading the rookies in points too. So Ovie this year did pretty much everything you said :lol:

If Crosby didn't get hurt, he'd be leading the league in scoring. Just like what he was doing before he got hurt. Crosby only gets better as the season goes along, and the same thing would have happened this year. Ovechkin is leading the league in points because the best player got hurt.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
Huuminh
Sophomore
And1: 1

Re: Ovechkin vs Crosby 

Post#23 » by Huuminh » Fri Sep 2, 2011 7:18 am

I go with Crosby.

Return to Player Comparisons