Red Wing rumors

Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Red Wing rumors 

Post#1 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:26 pm

I was wondering if anybody heard what LA is looking for in exchange for Blake? Alot of "rumor sites" are saying that Blake to Detroit is like 80% done and all it needs is the final draft.

If we were to get Blake it would be insane just imagine him with Lidstrom on the point during powerplays :love:

There were links to names like Marian Hossa of Atlanta, Toronto's Mats Sundin, Columbus' Sergei Fedorov and free-agent Peter Forsberg. We all know Sundin but why would Detroit want Sergei Fedorov back? Unless it's for peanuts I am not buying it since he's not into the game anymore. He's spoken numerious times about going oversea's to Russia and ending his hockey days there. Hossa is a hoax to me as Atlanta would be stupid to move him for anything less then Dats, Zetterberg or Lidstrom and Detroit wouldn't do it.

Detroit's projected first line would be Hossa/Datsyuk/Zetterberg with Lidstrom and Ralafiski on the blueline :droop: thats just sick.

We have $5 million to play with as well so we could just go out and trade something for nothing really.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#2 » by timd1218 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:38 am

The only was of Hossa going to Detroit is if they dump at least 3 million in the trade. Hossa will want at least 8 million per season and I'm sure he won't go to a team that doesn't plan on re-signing him in the off season. I think Atlanta will sign him in the end.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
BringBackPopeye
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#3 » by BringBackPopeye » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:02 pm

hossa could easily get traded, it all really depends on whether he resigns with them but if he goes to the open market he's gone. The biggest problem I see in getting a good return for hossa, is that the longer they wait to trade him, the more he will be seen as a rental, which lowers the player's value considerably.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#4 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:45 pm

timd1218 wrote:The only was of Hossa going to Detroit is if they dump at least 3 million in the trade. Hossa will want at least 8 million per season and I'm sure he won't go to a team that doesn't plan on re-signing him in the off season. I think Atlanta will sign him in the end.

Detroit has the space at the end of the year to do a deal to give Hossa a $6 million contract it would mean that we would be stuck with Osgood and a minimum goalie signing but I am 100% ok with that. We have $5 million to play with but I am not sure what the Thrashers would want for Hossa

Here's a site for NHL salaries http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=DET
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#5 » by TNBT » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:25 am

I wouldn't expect too much from any rumors about the Red Wings. To get anyone noteworthy we'd either have to give up Datsyuk, Zetterberg or Lidstrom (which is not happening), or a handful of our top prospects (which also is not happening). I can't really see a reason for the Wings to make ANY moves this year.
Griff83
Assistant Coach
And1: 186

Post#6 » by Griff83 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:49 pm

The Next Big Thing wrote:I wouldn't expect too much from any rumors about the Red Wings. To get anyone noteworthy we'd either have to give up Datsyuk, Zetterberg or Lidstrom (which is not happening), or a handful of our top prospects (which also is not happening). I can't really see a reason for the Wings to make ANY moves this year.

I can especially with the Ducks arguably being better then last years team with a much better top 4 on the blueline with the addition of Schneider. I could totally see the wings make a move for a rental player (Hossa or Sundin) and giving up a young player along with some prospects. Sure they are wiping the floor in the regular season but id still pick Anaheim and Ottawa over them if they met in a playoff series.

Return to Trades and Transactions