KOTB: Charlotte / Minnesota- take two

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,591

KOTB: Charlotte / Minnesota- take two 

Post#1 » by HornetJail » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:19 pm

Charlotte trades Gerald Henderson, Reggie Williams, and CHA 2014 2nd round pick (unprotected) to Minnesota for Derrick Williams and Minnesota's choice of: Lou Amundson, Josh Howard, or Malcolm Lee.

Charlotte nabs the #2 in last year's draft to pair with the #2 pick in this year's draft and hope he pans out, also taking back one of Amundson, Lee, or Howard, possible 12th men.

Derrick Williams is racking up nightly DNP-CD's with K-Love back in the line-up and the Wolves use his potential to net them a starting caliber player at their shallowest position.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
smith2373
General Manager
And1: 1,734

Re: KOTB: Charlotte / Minnesota- take two 

Post#2 » by smith2373 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:24 pm

I like this idea for both teams.

Wolves get a starting caliber SG and some depth at the wing positions, Derrick Williams gets a fresh start in a new environment where he will have more opportunities to develop and not be stuck on the bench behind a superstar.
lukekarts
Head Coach
And1: 335

Post#3 » by lukekarts » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Yes.

Balanced trade, makes a lot of sense.
There is no consolation prize. Winning is everything.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#4 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:27 pm

I still think D.Will can bring back more than this. Henderson is injured, slightly undersized and about to be a free agent. I think C.Lee would be a better target as they are similar players (size wise and defensively) but at least Lee is healthy, locked up, experienced and a better 3 point shooter.

KOTB: No.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
smith2373
General Manager

Post#5 » by smith2373 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:I still think D.Will can bring back more than this. Henderson is injured, slightly undersized and about to be a free agent. I think C.Lee would be a better target as they are similar players (size wise and defensively) but at least Lee is healthy, locked up, experienced and a better 3 point shooter.

Courtney Lee would be a better target but I don't think the Celtics would want Derrick Williams. If there's anyone they would want from Minnesota it would be Pekovic due to their lack of size or Ridnour so they can have a legit backup PG for Rondo.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#6 » by spearsy23 » Sat Dec 1, 2012 10:08 pm

Don't like it for minny, I think they'd prefer a better three point shooter to pair with Rubio or a better prospect before giving up on dwill. The 2nd rounder brings it close but I think minny holds off and assumes this same deal will be there at the draft. Overall a reluctant no only because it's 6months too soon.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Blue Wolf
Junior
And1: 8

Post#7 » by Blue Wolf » Sat Dec 1, 2012 11:57 pm

smith2373 wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:I still think D.Will can bring back more than this. Henderson is injured, slightly undersized and about to be a free agent. I think C.Lee would be a better target as they are similar players (size wise and defensively) but at least Lee is healthy, locked up, experienced and a better 3 point shooter.

Courtney Lee would be a better target but I don't think the Celtics would want Derrick Williams. If there's anyone they would want from Minnesota it would be Pekovic due to their lack of size or Ridnour so they can have a legit backup PG for Rondo.

Send Henderson to Boston, Lee to Minny, Williams to Charlotte.
smith2373
General Manager

Post#8 » by smith2373 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 12:20 am

Blue Wolf wrote:
smith2373 wrote:

Send Henderson to Boston, Lee to Minny, Williams to Charlotte.

That's pointless for Boston.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#9 » by spearsy23 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 12:30 am

Henderson and Haywood to Boston/ Williams to Charlotte/ lee to minny
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#10 » by doc.end » Sun Dec 2, 2012 12:38 am

spearsy23 wrote:Henderson and Haywood to Boston/ Williams to Charlotte/ lee to minny

no, haywood at 1.9M is a bargain for few more years, we are not throwing hi away and we can't anyway as he is amnestied player
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#11 » by spearsy23 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 12:59 am

doc.end wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Henderson and Haywood to Boston/ Williams to Charlotte/ lee to minny

no, haywood at 1.9M is a bargain for few more years, we are not throwing hi away and we can't anyway as he is amnestied player

Any other bigs that fit salary wise and could fill the value?
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#12 » by HornetJail » Sun Dec 2, 2012 1:09 am

We have Warrick and Diop. Diop won't work salary wise though and neither has close to Haywood's value.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#13 » by spearsy23 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 1:23 am

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:We have Warrick and Diop. Diop won't work salary wise though and neither has close to Haywood's value.

I doubt Boston goes for warrick. Value probably doesn't need to be Haywood but without a real center it's not enough.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#14 » by HornetJail » Sun Dec 2, 2012 2:08 am

Why don't you guys just sign K-Mart? He'd love to latch onto a contender. It's a win-win there.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#15 » by spearsy23 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 2:15 am

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:Why don't you guys just sign K-Mart? He'd love to latch onto a contender. It's a win-win there.

Woah woah woah, you guys?
Don't lump me in with that!
smith2373
General Manager

Post#16 » by smith2373 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 3:36 am

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:Why don't you guys just sign K-Mart? He'd love to latch onto a contender. It's a win-win there.

Apparently the vets are pushing for Danny Ainge to sign him. Danny Ainge was asked about it in an interview and he said "no comment." So who knows.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,488

Post#17 » by Foye » Sun Dec 2, 2012 10:08 am

Blue Wolf wrote:Send Henderson to Boston, Lee to Minny, Williams to Charlotte.

WUT?

Henderson > Lee

Yes.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#18 » by [RCG] » Sun Dec 2, 2012 4:48 pm

Henderson is a really poor fit next to Rubio and Rondo. Morrow or Redick are much better fits, ideally it would be an Aaaron Afflalo/(Houston) Courtney Lee type guy.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt

Return to Trades and Transactions