Bynum for Lopez

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Re: Bynum for Lopez 

Post#41 » by LApwnd » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:21 am

NetsForce wrote:I've followed the Lakers closely ever since they got rid of Snaq. LA is by no means my favorite team but I've seen enough of them to competently comment on how good Andrew Bynum really is.

so if La is not your favorite team why do you follow them, makes no sense whats so ever, if your following LA just for Bynum you obviously know something is there then, or else why follow a team you have no vested interest? I'll agree the trade makes no sense for either team but dont dismiss Bynum #'s because he plays next to other stars, it works both ways, playing next to 2 dominant players can also reduce his #'s in the same line as make him look better then he is but you guys just want to discredit him. Do you think Lopez can assert himself enough to put up 15/8 if he were here, IMO I dont think so he's doing 18/8 being a 1st/2nd option depending on the games, as Harris I assume is the the other 1st/2nd. Like I said Bynum was doing 20/10 with ease when the season started and has had long stretches of games where he did 20/10 consistently before getting injured.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#42 » by NetsForce » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:29 am

Me following the Lakers has nothing to do with Andrew Bynum, I want Kobe to have my babies there I admitted it.

And you better believe Lopez would in a worst case scenario get a Bynum-like 15-8 he got 13-8 AS A ROOKIE playing with Harris and Carter.

Lopez is more of a team player than Bynum and it's not even debatable.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#43 » by LApwnd » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:28 am

NetsForce wrote:Me following the Lakers has nothing to do with Andrew Bynum, I want Kobe to have my babies there I admitted it.

And you better believe Lopez would in a worst case scenario get a Bynum-like 15-8 he got 13-8 AS A ROOKIE playing with Harris and Carter.

Lopez is more of a team player than Bynum and it's not even debatable.

based on what, carter/harris dont take up space in the paint, who exactly is Lopez competition when it comes to post play? and dont play off your comments with snide remarks....people usually follow a team for nothing if they're not a fan to begin with :roll:
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#44 » by deviljets7 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:55 am

Even if Bynum is as good as Lopez (he isn't), the difference in contract and health makes this a bad trade for the Nets.

The idea that the Nets would be 10 games better with Bynum is beyond laughable.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#45 » by VintaGe36 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:21 am

Regardless of your feelings talent-wise. (which apparently will be disagreed upon for a good long while)

When you factor in contract status, bang for your buck and injury history it's not even close.

Lopez > Bynum
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#46 » by Mr. E » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:13 pm

Lopez has the better contract & is more talented. Why does New Jersey do this?

And to explain that in addition to giving up the better player on the better contract, your selling point for them is "you take a cap hit; but get the hometown kid?"

I don't know if "the hometown kid" is enough for them to overlook the cap hit, worse contract and losing the better player.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#47 » by Jase » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:17 pm

It's pretty much been determined that there's no incentive for New Jersey to consider this. Even from a Laker's standpoint, it's unrealistic.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#48 » by Prospect Dong » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:38 pm

I'll agree the trade makes no sense for either team

No, it makes plenty of sense for the lakers. Even if we take the most generous assessment of Bynum's talent, and say that the lakers would be getting back a guy who was, say, 90% as good, Lopez is healthier, has had less time to realise his potential and saves the lakers millions and millions of luxury tax doubled dollars. The lakers take this one and run...
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors
daddyfivestar
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#49 » by daddyfivestar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Surprised this thread has lasted this long
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#50 » by BR0D1E86 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Regardless of your feelings talent-wise. (which apparently will be disagreed upon for a good long while)

When you factor in contract status, bang for your buck and injury history it's not even close.

Lopez > Bynum

Don’t see how this can be argued.
CDM88
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#51 » by CDM88 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:56 am

VintaGe36 wrote:Regardless of your feelings talent-wise. (which apparently will be disagreed upon for a good long while)

Lopez > Bynum

lol i should sig this and it'll be a joke in 2 years
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#52 » by RTM » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:42 am

^ Do it. You seem to feel pretty strongly that Bynum > Lopez in every aspect. You also seem to be the only one.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#53 » by NetsForce » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:46 am

Bynum is a 5 year veteran while Lopez is in his 2nd year... And Lopez is still better :lol:
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#54 » by Jersey Generals » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:51 am

I don't know if Lopez is better, but he deff. does have greater value.
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#55 » by N.O.R.E. » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:38 pm

There's actually no way you can argue that Bynum has more value than Lopez when you take every factor into account.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#56 » by LApwnd » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:02 pm

N.O.R.E. wrote:There's actually no way you can argue that Bynum has more value than Lopez when you take every factor into account.

there isn't, but some of the poster here make it sound as if Bynum is JJ Hickson or something, he's not getting SPOON fed on every possesion, he can get his own offense and isn't putting up #'s mainly due to playing next to Kobe/Pau.....if anything from other hating on Kobe calling him a ball hog, Bynum being able to avg. 15ppg should be a testament to his talent.
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#57 » by dunkonu21 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:22 pm

Bynum is not that good. This deal is laughable.
doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Post#58 » by doctor him » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:06 pm

LApwnd wrote:
N.O.R.E. wrote:There's actually no way you can argue that Bynum has more value than Lopez when you take every factor into account.

there isn't, but some of the poster here make it sound as if Bynum is JJ Hickson or something, he's not getting SPOON fed on every possesion, he can get his own offense and isn't putting up #'s mainly due to playing next to Kobe/Pau.....if anything from other hating on Kobe calling him a ball hog, Bynum being able to avg. 15ppg should be a testament to his talent.

You're right...Bynum is no JJ Hickson.

Hickson is still on his rookie deal. Bynum is at what? $10 mil a year?

No contest there.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#59 » by LApwnd » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:40 pm

doctor him wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

You're right...Bynum is no JJ Hickson.

Hickson is still on his rookie deal. Bynum is at what? $10 mil a year?

No contest there.

yea and I"m sure Clev would say no to Bynum for Hickson if it was offered :roll:
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#60 » by VintaGe36 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:56 pm

That was clearly sarcasm.

If you won't agree that Lopez is better than Bynum statistically(which he is this year, btw)

You cannot disagree that in terms of trade value, Lopez is the greater asset.

Return to Trades and Transactions