Rumor: Iguodala In Play For Raptors

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,473

Re: Rumor: Iguodala In Play For Raptors 

Post#21 » by youngcrev » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:53 pm

Relentless88 wrote:
youngcrev wrote:Iguodala's name may be in play this summer, but there are many teams that can offer significantly more than what the Raptors can.

My advice is look elsewhere for a wing. Maybe someone like Maggette?

Isn't that what people said about Caron Butler here? Butler is of course not AS good but on a similar lever. Butler and Haywood were traded for expirings basically. No picks, no prospects.

If Philly keeps losing to start the year, I can see Igoudala moved in a similar type deal just to save money.

They turned down Amare/Jrich for Iguodala/Dalembert at the deadline... I can't see them changing their stance that much in less than a years time. The team isn't going to become desperate to move him, but they will listen to offers, and the Raptors just don't have the pieces IMO.
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Post#22 » by Relentless88 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:54 pm

youngcrev wrote:
Relentless88 wrote:
youngcrev wrote:Iguodala's name may be in play this summer, but there are many teams that can offer significantly more than what the Raptors can.

My advice is look elsewhere for a wing. Maybe someone like Maggette?

Isn't that what people said about Caron Butler here? Butler is of course not AS good but on a similar lever. Butler and Haywood were traded for expirings basically. No picks, no prospects.

If Philly keeps losing to start the year, I can see Igoudala moved in a similar type deal just to save money.

They turned down Amare/Jrich for Iguodala/Dalembert at the deadline... I can't see them changing their stance that much in less than a years time. The team isn't going to become desperate to move him, but they will listen to offers IMO.

Do you have a link for that?
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#23 » by youngcrev » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:56 pm

Relentless88 wrote:Do you have a link for that?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... discussed/
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#24 » by BR0D1E86 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:00 pm

Jose Calderon
Marcus Banks (expiring)
Reggie Evans (expiring)
Sonny Weems
Demar Derozan
Marco Belinelli
Rights to #13 (Henry, Patterson, Udoh, ect)

any of those packaged together entice Philly fans?

I’d imagine not even close. And you will not find me leading the “Andre Igoudala Is Great” parade.
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#25 » by microfib4thewin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:01 pm

My memory is fuzzy on the Amare trade rumor, but from what I recall the offer was Barbosa and Amare, not Amare and Richardson.
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#26 » by microfib4thewin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:04 pm

youngcrev wrote:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... discussed/

The wiretap doesn't say anything about the sixers rejecting the deal you mentioned, and the article requires ESPN Insider access.
Relentless88
RealGM

Post#27 » by Relentless88 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:05 pm

microfib4thewin wrote:

My memory is fuzzy on the Amare trade rumor, but from what I recall the offer was Barbosa and Amare, not Amare and Richardson.

So Amare/Barbosa for Igoudala/Dalembert. I know Amare is a great player, but he would've been a 1 year rental, and could have bolted at the end of the season. They also take on Barbosa in that deal while having someone similar but better in Lou Williams.

If I was trading away my best player I'd probably look to rebuild and would take a Derozan/#13 package over a 1 year rental. Especially since Philly wasn't even close to the playoff picture at the time.

The Amare for Iggy/Daly seems more like a financial move than a winning move for the Sixers.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#28 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Like what?
Please cite some specific examples.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#29 » by DusterBuster » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:11 pm

Man, Raptor fans are pretty delusional about what they think they'll get in return for Bosh. They can get a solid package for him, but Pau Gasol or Manu or Noah....... Get real.

In all likelihood, Bosh just resigns with the Raptors for the max and if the team still stinks, he'll demand a trade in the near future.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#30 » by Coxy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:12 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:I like Iggy, but his contract is a bit much. The most I would offer would be expirers and DeRozen or the #12, along with some other incentive (cash, TPE, #2)

thats what my offer would be too

Evans + Banks + Belinelli + Rights to Xavier Henry (#13) for Iguodala. I do think Derozan and #13 is too much.

i just think Henry fits better with his outside shooting than Derozan does. However Philly fans have wanted both in the deal.

Evans + Banks + Belinelli + Rights to Xavier Henry (#13) for Iguodala?? I'm pretty sure Philli could get a better deal then ending up with 4 average guys for the best player. Hell, the Warriors could put together a better package I'm sure.
Relentless88
RealGM

Post#31 » by Relentless88 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:13 pm

DusterBuster wrote:Man, Raptor fans are pretty delusional about what they think they'll get in return for Bosh.

In all likelihood, Bosh just resigns with the Raptors for the max and if the team still stinks, he'll demand a trade in the near future.

What does this thread have to do with Bosh and a S&T. The Gasol, Ginobili thing was from a write not a Raps fan...
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#32 » by DusterBuster » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Relentless88 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:Man, Raptor fans are pretty delusional about what they think they'll get in return for Bosh.

What does this thread have to do with Bosh and a S&T. The Gasol, Ginobili thing was from a write not a Raps fan...

Considering a lot of Raptor fans agree with the writer, it's not a stretch to lump them all together. It's unfortunate that some logical fans like yourself get lumped in with the crazies, but that's sports. I get lumped in with a lot of the crazy Blazer fans, just how the world works.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#33 » by boogydown » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:21 pm

99.8% of rumors never come true.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#34 » by Foshan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:23 pm

One thing to remember is that our GM is on his last straw. IF he trades Iggy (which would be almost career suicide because then we would suck more) it would have to be for such a home run package that it secures his job. If that 'home-run' package cannot be obtained, I think he keeps Iggy and gives a new coach/system a chance... a failure on either front will cost him his job. If we get LB in, I think the GM trusts his future in LB using Iggy, then in trading him away.

I just don't think Tor has the assets to give us the 'home-run' package that would be needed to save Ed Stiff's job.
Relentless88
RealGM

Post#35 » by Relentless88 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:27 pm

boogydown wrote:99.8% of rumors never come true.

Thank god, looks like Bosh is staying in Toronto then.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#36 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:39 am

Iggy is never landing a homerun package, he's overpaid and isn't that good.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
BringBackKorver
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#37 » by BringBackKorver » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:47 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Iggy is never landing a homerun package, he's overpaid and isn't that good.

Then I'll happily keep him in Philadelphia. It's not like he's the problem...If Brand had been the 20-10 guy we signed him to be, Igoudala would be a great piece next to him. But as it stands now, Iggy has to try and carry the load which he isn't suited to do. Most Philly fans don't want to trade Iguodala. We're just kind of being forced into listening to offers because nobody wants anybody else on our team and a change needs to happen.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#38 » by DanTown8587 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:54 am

What's the point of trading Iggy if you are Philly for expiring contracts? He is their best player on a bad team and you won't acquire a better player possibly in the 13th pick or DeMar DeRozan. I mean, Iggy is paid fair market value for a guy like him and the Raptors would HAVE to take Brand to make the deal even palatable to Philly. And at that point, the Raptors have to throw in their bad contracts (Hedo, Calderon, etc) to make the deal financially sound.

There just isn't a good fit between the Raptors and Sixers as trade partners in a major deal.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#39 » by youngcrev » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:01 am

DanTown8587 wrote:There just isn't a good fit between the Raptors and Sixers as trade partners in a major deal.

I agree. Yet I see a new thread everyday from a couple Raptor fans.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#40 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:34 am

we cant take Brand without sending both Calderon + Hedo. What about

Toronto Sends:
Jose Calderon $9,000,000
Reggie Evans $5,080,000
Marcus Banks $4,847,586
S&T Amir Johnson $4,000,000
Rights to Xavier Henry (#13)
= 22,927,586 X 1.25 + 100,000
= 28,759,482

Philadelphia Sends:
Elton Brand $15,959,100
Andre Iguodala $12,345,250
= 28,304,350

Jack/Duhon (signed)/Atkins (minimum)
Iguodala/Derozan/Belinelli
Hedo/Weems
Bosh/Brand/Dorsey
Bargnani/Powell (signed)/Magloire (signed)

Holiday/Calderon/Banks
Henry/Williams/Meeks
Young/Green/Kapono
Davis/Johnson/Evans
Dalembert/Speights/Smith

Some notes on this:
1. Philly gets under tax
2. Would have to happen in July which might make it dicey for Bosh but i believe we can sign Amir right at July 1st so it would be kinda a wink wink sorta deal.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks

Return to Trades and Transactions