Phi-GSW

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Re: Phi-GSW 

Post#21 » by NetsForce » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Coxy wrote:
NetsForce wrote:Iguodala = Ellis
Williams < Azubuike
Speights > Wright

Fixed.

Ellis is not as good as Iguodala, he's a defensive liability and monopolizes the ball at a Lebron-James-like rate despite scoring with efficiency comparable to say Eal Watson...

Ellis strictly impacts the game in one way and one way only, and even then his impact in that category is exaggerated due to the pace and team he's playing on.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#22 » by FNQ » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:00 pm

Thats way too extreme a take... Montas inconsistent defensively, but a liability? Nah.. Hes locked down some of the leagues best, and been torched by some of the worst.

I'm all for an iguodala / ellis swap... I think we could survive @ SG with Morrow and Reggie Rain for a season
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#23 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:15 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:Thats way too extreme a take... Montas inconsistent defensively, but a liability? Nah.. Hes locked down some of the leagues best, and been torched by some of the worst.

I'm all for an iguodala / ellis swap... I think we could survive @ SG with Morrow and Reggie Rain for a season

Same same. I like Iggy as well but seriously, Monta Ellis has to cop more crap than any other player discussed on realgm not named Turkeyglue. Never seen a more underrated 25 ppg scorer EVER.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#24 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:15 am

Monta's 'underrated' here for 3 reasons:

The same relentlessly homer W's posters keep making him out to be a legitimate #1 player on a team
Most of the NBA fans around are FINALLY figuring out that Monta is a volume scorer best suited as a #2 or 3 option
Most of those same NBA fans who are finally figuring out the scoring are still citing 2 year old defensive scouting reports

He's a very good SG making 11m flat for the next 4 seasons. There is definitely value there... and I definitely do think its close to Iguodala's. But he's not the trash other fans are trending towards, and he's definitely not the untouchable the usual homer suspects are portraying him as either. I'd say his value is slightly higher than JRich's when we shipped him out to CHA

Return to Trades and Transactions