Chicago/Toronto

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Chicago/Toronto 

Post#1 » by Storm Surge » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:33 pm

Chris Bosh (S/T)
DeMar DeRozan
for
Joakim Noah
Kirk Hinrich

WHY FOR CHI? Get Bosh, team up with Rose and Deng. Sign Haywood with remaining cap space.

Rose/Pargo
DeRozan/Avery Bradley(1st)
Deng/Johnson
Bosh/Gibson
Haywood/Miller

WHY FOR TOR? Get some legitimate pieces to team around Bargnani. Create an all--white starting lineup.

Calderon/Jack
Hinrich/Weems
Turkoglu/Wright
Bargnani/Ed Davis(1st)
Noah/Nesterovic
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,496

Re: Chicago/Toronto 

Post#2 » by bboyskinnylegs » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Chicago isn't giving up Noah, he's too important to their team's success.
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#3 » by BR0D1E86 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:53 pm

If Toronto wanted Noah they had their shot, that’s not happening at this point.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#4 » by Alfred » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:38 pm

Do you think that Chicago is going to pass on yet another tier 1 big like they've done many times over the past couple of years? I like Noah too, but come on. You're getting Bosh and a prospect for Noah and Kirk freaking Hinrich.
Paxson
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Paxson » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:41 pm

Chicago can find a way to get Bosh without giving up Noah.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Alfred » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:44 pm

Paxson wrote:Chicago can find a way to get Bosh without giving up Noah.

So you know what the free agent market is going to be like this summer? Let's imagine that Pheonix re-signs Amare. The asking price for Bosh just went up, didn't it?
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#7 » by dVs33 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:46 pm

Chi can sign Bosh, why give up the second best player on the team??
Why would Bosh want to play on the team if its weaker when he can just sign with them at full strength.??
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Alfred » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:50 pm

dVs33 wrote:Chi can sign Bosh, why give up the second best player on the team??
Why would Bosh want to play on the team if its weaker when he can just sign with them at full strength.??

There are many different locations that could sign Bosh. However, Bosh has indicated to the media that he will be working with the Raptors to get his 6 year maximum contract that adds 30 extra million dollars, which he would give up by signing with another team.

Furthermore, trading Noah would allow you to retain the money to sign another near-max contract player to compliment him.

What you aren't considering is that there are other players in the market for Chris Bosh that are likely willing to give up real assets in order to attain him.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#9 » by dVs33 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Bosh also said, that where ever he goes, the money will be there, he just wants to win.
So i get what you're saying, but a lot of that depends on Amare and Boozer.
Amare is supposedly in talks with the suns about a contract and Boozer may go to the heat.
It's not a bad trade though.
It's better than the proposed Beasley trades people put up here.
pass first
Head Coach
And1: 763

Post#10 » by pass first » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Agree with alfred but that said, I don't like the deal. Noah would be great but why give up DeRozan and get a third (!) point guard to pay starter money.

Raptors will probably have better options, a deal with Chicago is only likely if Bosh wants to go there period and not anywhere else imo.
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Post#11 » by Relentless88 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:02 pm

Noah is great, but we are giving up DeRozan who we value and taking back Hinrich's awful deal when we have 2 point guards already. I'm not really sure about this.
BillyDW
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#12 » by BillyDW » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:04 pm

Foolish to think Toronto will get anything that Bosh will want the Bulls to keep.

If Bosh wants Chicago then he will be S&T'd to Chicago. It will be primarily for the capspace that Chicago has plus picks. If Toronto is interested in Deng/Hinrich/Johnson/Gibson then they will get them. But that is Toronto's call.

The only reason Bosh picks Chicago is to play with Noah/Rose. Toronto has no reason to say no to the sign & trade if they are getting picks, space, and/or players that they covet or at least benefit from having. Colangelo knows this and it is what he is referencing when saying that they will "get something" in a sign and trade. Picks, Gibson, & Deng/Hinrich (if he likes them) is the best thing any team will give them and still have Bosh being interested in the trade.....except for the Lakers who could give up Bynum. BTW, how much longer will Kobe be better than Rose? 2 to 3 years tops? Also, does Bosh want to be #1 option or does he want to be what Gasol is (contributor but in the background) when he wins his championchip?

Toronto needs to understand that this is good trade scenario for them, even without Noah. 1st round picks and cap flexibility is the best they can hope for. Take Deng if you like him but good luck with that!
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#13 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:58 pm

what about...

Bosh + #13 (Center) for Noah + Deng or Hinrich?
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#14 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:04 pm

Id rather have Noah+Boozer or Noah+Amare than just Bosh. Why are your guys acting like the raptors have THAT much leverage? Even without Noah the Bulls still have the most assets than any other realistic suitor. And besides, I'm pretty sure Bosh would love to play next to Noah, dont you think? If Bosh wants to sign with Chicago and chooses the Bulls as his first preference, Toronto would be lucky to get anyone serviceable to be honest.
pass first
Head Coach
And1: 763

Post#15 » by pass first » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:11 pm

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:Id rather have Noah+Boozer or Noah+Amare than just Bosh.

Agreed.
Why are your guys acting like the raptors have THAT much leverage? Even without Noah the Bulls still have the most assets than any other realistic suitor. And besides, I'm pretty sure Bosh would love to play next to Noah, dont you think? If Bosh wants to sign with Chicago and chooses the Bulls as his first preference, Toronto would be lucky to get anyone serviceable to be honest.

Realistic suitor is not the same as team with max cap space. I'd much rather do a deal with the Rockets. Those teams don't have cap space so they're likely to return more imo.

The first preference thing is valid. but a BIG IF.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#16 » by Leto » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:25 pm

The only reason Bosh picks Chicago is to play with Noah/Rose. Toronto has no reason to say no to the sign & trade if they are getting picks, space, and/or players that they covet or at least benefit from having. Colangelo knows this and it is what he is referencing when saying that they will "get something" in a sign and trade. Picks, Gibson, & Deng/Hinrich (if he likes them) is the best thing any team will give them and still have Bosh being interested in the trade.....except for the Lakers who could give up Bynum.

That is the crux of the matter as it concerns Chicago and Bosh. The fulcrum is what Bosh wants. If Bosh chooses Chicago, he does so to play with Rose, Noah, Deng and whoever else he thinks is critical part to the team. Personally, I think he'll want at least those three players on the team or the reason for going to Chicago is significantly diminished.
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#17 » by BR0D1E86 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Are we back to pretending like Toronto has leverage this offseason?
sonny
RealGM
And1: 269

Post#18 » by sonny » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:15 pm

BR0D1E86 wrote:Are we back to pretending like Toronto has leverage this offseason?

Hey Gar, Donnie is offering the expiring of Curry, and Gallinari, he's still on the other line and he's talking about throwing in Chandler, so I think you need to throw in Noah.

Pat said he's gonna send Beasley, Chalmers, 2 firsts, and the two baddest chicks walking down Biscayne right now, Houston is talking about throwing in K-Mart.
Joe Buddy
Pro Prospect
And1: 163

Post#19 » by Joe Buddy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:29 pm

This is Gar?
He looks like he could be swindled into taking Hedo's contract too.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#20 » by Leto » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:16 pm

I think Gar's done a good job thus far. He got us Salmons and Brad Miller for Nocioni. Dumped both Tyrus' and Salmons' contracts for what amounts to dropping 2 spots in this years draft and adding a lotto protected 1st from Bobcats. At a time when dumping salary is extremly hard to do, I thought that was pretty good. For comparison, I think Utah got a first for Brewer and had to pay the price for dumping the last year of Harpring by giving the Thunder Maynor.

Return to Trades and Transactions