Lebron to Bulls; Bosh to Bulls

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Re: Lebron to Bulls; Bosh to Bulls 

Post#21 » by panthermark » Sun May 16, 2010 6:41 am

The OP has the trade backwards...
Everything is about leverage.
If Bron is willing to sign with us for 5 years....we hold a ton of leverage. The next step is to see if Bosh wants to come to Chicago.
If both Bosh and Bron are willing to come...it is time to work the phones.

We don't sign ANYONE until we have all of our ducks in a row...and ready to go in back to back to back to back transactions.

1st - See if Clevland is willinst to S&T Bron for Deng, Johnson, Richard/Kurz and the Bobcats pick. Yes, this is quite a bit to give up for someone that we could simply just sign (which is our leverage) but it is fairly important that Cleveland agrees to this deal.*

If that is a yes....our 2nd move is to sign or S&T for Bosh (not Bron)....but we are not giving up much for Bosh...because we don't have much left to give up...and we are not salary matching. If we had a 2nd rounder, I would do that.....but since we don't our 2011 first rounder will have to do. Toronto can take or leave it...and if Bron is willing to walk for 5....Bosh would look like a fool NOT willing to walk (to the same team) for the exact same contract (which he isn't worth

3rd - With Bosh already on board, an S&T agreed upon, and almost $5M left in cap space (MLE is waived, and we do have room to sign the #17 pick), we then sign Asik, and a 3pt shooter.....THEN we execute the S&T for Bron (which will actually put us over the cap...which is why Richard/Kurz and Johnson were involved...to make the salaries work). Heck, we could take Parker off of Cleveland's hands....

*If Cleveland is not willing to S&T Bron, we offer the same package to the Wolves and Clippers.....we will overpay them to take a solid player from us...but it clears cap room so that we can have enough leverage to sign Bron as a FA. Basically...we will move those players regardless..and Cleveland is better off taking the package over getting nothing.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
King_James23
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#22 » by King_James23 » Sun May 16, 2010 6:53 am

I think after the Bulls make these moves for Bosh and LeBron, they should then trade for Dwight Howard and Chris Paul. Heck maybe they should trade for Kobe, who can come off the bench. Then maybe the Cubs will win the World.... :o
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#23 » by boogydown » Sun May 16, 2010 7:09 am

Slackerr wrote:More star power. Stud PF. I definitely don't think Taj Gibson is going to be able to fill the PF role on a team with Lebron on there. Maybe we can substitute with a guy like Troy Murphy though.

The way I see it, the Bulls may not need to do any further moves unless we know we can dump Deng for cap relief because we have a talent that is willing to sign here for cheaper (example: Boozer for slightly more than he is making now, Scola for less than Deng's contract, Lee for 12 to 14 million a year). However there is no reason we should necessarily dump him with valuable assets when he alone is extremely useful to this team.

I'm undecided if getting a a full time offensive solution is the best way to go if we were to get a guy like Lebron. The reason being is Noah plays inside, we'd have another guy who plays inside, and then we have two bodies (Rose + Lebron) on the court who need to drive to the basket constantly. With lack of spacing outside of our SG, any night that we are off from 3 could lead to the lane being blocked and the inability for Lebron and Rose to get to the basket.

Therefore, I actually like the idea of getting the right coach to put Deng at PF for 20 to 25 minutes a night in the corner which allows Lebron and Rose more space to drive, and then having an inside scoring PF come off the bench (example: better Drew Gooden all around). We definitely will need to acquire someone at the PF spot because Omar Asik is not going to help either. We also will need Noah to add more weight down low as well. A guy like Carl Landry, Luis Scola, Ryan Gomes, Andray Blatche, Jason Thompson, etc.

When we play teams like LA and Orlando who have deep threats down low, that is the time we slide Lebron to get some SG minutes and Deng to SF while our backup bigs guard players like Dwight, and Gasol.

We then go heavy in this draft and acquire 2 SG's using the Bobcats Pick and James Johnson and then work at if we have any money left over, we try to acquire another short term SG like Raja Bell.

It's at least something to build on but I guess I could go either way. In the end, I just see two problems down low regardless being that

1). It clogs the lane not allowing Rose/Lebron to drive, or
2). We have spacing for them to drive but not enough inside scoring and defensive threats
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#24 » by panthermark » Sun May 16, 2010 7:10 am

King_James23 wrote:I think after the Bulls make these moves for Bosh and LeBron, they should then trade for Dwight Howard and Chris Paul. Heck maybe they should trade for Kobe, who can come off the bench. Then maybe the Cubs will win the World.... :o

Hmmmm.....maybe we should... :o

The problem that you avoided in your response is that Bron COULD come to Chicago. Will he? Who knows....(I can't see him leaving Cleveland.) No one said anything about Kobe, Paul or Howard....only Bosh and Bron.....so your sarcastic post was just silly to begin with.

The whole thing revoles around.....Does Bron want to come to Chicago? Does Bosh want to come also? Can we move Deng's salary? If all three of those are "yes'...than there isn't much else to say.... Right now.....no one knows what will happen...so all we can do is speculate.

And if we can't move Deng's salary...(but Bron signs) what is the worse that can happen? We have a team full of guys that will be 25 year olds next year season (Bron, Deng, Noah, and Gibson)? Along with Rose, Kirk, Johnson, Asik, our 2010 draft pick and the fact that we kept our 2010 pick and the Bobcat's pick?
The future is stil REAL bright.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
Slackerr
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#25 » by Slackerr » Sun May 16, 2010 8:29 am

boogydown wrote:The way I see it, the Bulls may not need to do any further moves unless we know we can dump Deng for cap relief because we have a talent that is willing to sign here for cheaper (example: Boozer for slightly more than he is making now, Scola for less than Deng's contract, Lee for 12 to 14 million a year). However there is no reason we should necessarily dump him with valuable assets when he alone is extremely useful to this team.

I'm undecided if getting a a full time offensive solution is the best way to go if we were to get a guy like Lebron. The reason being is Noah plays inside, we'd have another guy who plays inside, and then we have two bodies (Rose + Lebron) on the court who need to drive to the basket constantly. With lack of spacing outside of our SG, any night that we are off from 3 could lead to the lane being blocked and the inability for Lebron and Rose to get to the basket.

Therefore, I actually like the idea of getting the right coach to put Deng at PF for 20 to 25 minutes a night in the corner which allows Lebron and Rose more space to drive, and then having an inside scoring PF come off the bench (example: better Drew Gooden all around). We definitely will need to acquire someone at the PF spot because Omar Asik is not going to help either. We also will need Noah to add more weight down low as well. A guy like Carl Landry, Luis Scola, Ryan Gomes, Andray Blatche, Jason Thompson, etc.

When we play teams like LA and Orlando who have deep threats down low, that is the time we slide Lebron to get some SG minutes and Deng to SF while our backup bigs guard players like Dwight, and Gasol.

We then go heavy in this draft and acquire 2 SG's using the Bobcats Pick and James Johnson and then work at if we have any money left over, we try to acquire another short term SG like Raja Bell.

It's at least something to build on but I guess I could go either way. In the end, I just see two problems down low regardless being that

1). It clogs the lane not allowing Rose/Lebron to drive, or
2). We have spacing for them to drive but not enough inside scoring and defensive threats

I could see that type of a scenario working out and definitely agree with your line of thinking. As long as we can surround the LBJ/Rose with guys who can space the floor adequately, we should be okay. I'm just trying to see if there are ways to try and absolutely top NYK's potential lineup of 2 max FAs since they're also in the race for Lebron. I figure that Rose/LBJ/Bosh + role players completely topped NYK's LBJ/Gallo/Chandler/Bosh + role players type of lineup.

Anyways, I'm surprised there haven't been any comments from Raps fans so far. I thought they'd be among the first to post on this thread.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#26 » by dVs33 » Sun May 16, 2010 2:49 pm

outlaw81 wrote:What toronto fans don't want to believe that that Toronto has no leverage. Bosh wants to go to a team that offers him the most money and also gives him the ablility to win. If toronto demands a ton in return, Bosh is just going to leave and sign with a team and Toronto gets nothing. Its the same situation with the Bulls and the lakers years ago for Bryant. Why would he come to Chi to play with hinrich when we would have to ship deng and gordon to LA to make this happen. So Toronto should be happy to get Deng and draft picks in return. Deng is a 18-20 point scorer, 7 rebounds and plays good defense. Yea he has a big contract but look at this way, he isn't going anywhere. Look at all the Raptors whos contract expired how many of them stayed and resign. A small percent, this protects Toronto, Deng will improve a little, no he won't be a superstar but he can be an all star. I thing this is a good deal for Toronto if they can figure out what to do with Turk.

Bosh is the one who makes the decision. Toronto just gets what they can or Bosh walks for nothing.

Return to Trades and Transactions