Nets/Suns (Amare,Brook) Sign and Trade

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

demens
Banned User
And1: 0

Nets/Suns (Amare,Brook) Sign and Trade 

Post#1 » by demens » Sun May 16, 2010 4:49 am

Interested in some feedback on this one. This is assuming NJ has already signed a big FA and can't afford to sign Amare straight up so they go for a s/t.

B.Lopez/Yi/CDR/T.Williams/27th pick
for
Amare/R.Lopez/Frye/Dragic

I'm thinking it might be a bit of an overkill to include T.Williams in there since Suns might be desperate not to loose Amare for nothing, getting back Brook would be one hell of a deal for them. I think Williams would average a triple double on the Suns with those 3 point shooters.

Nets:
Devin/Dragic
Lee
???
Amare/Frye
Robin/Humphries
top 4 pick + Some FA

Suns
Nash/Barbosa
Richardson/Twill
Hill/Dudley
???
Brook
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Re: Nets/Suns (Amare,Brook) Sign and Trade 

Post#2 » by VintaGe36 » Sun May 16, 2010 5:01 am

There is zero chance NJ trades Lopez at this point unless Dwight is involved. Which isn't to say Brook is worth Dwight but rather why would the Nets trade a cornerstone center when they are SO hard to come by?
demens
Banned User

Post#3 » by demens » Sun May 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Because "cornerstone center" is an extremely overrated concept. You need a player that is a post threat and you need a post defender. It doesn't matter if its a center or not. Amare is a much better offensive player then Brook, and Robin is a better defensive player.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#4 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun May 16, 2010 3:12 pm

This is a no, demens. Even if Amar'e were locked into a contract, we wouldn't involve Brook in a trade for him. The fact that this is an S&T deal with an unrestricted free agent makes this deal even more implausible.

Here's what PHX can get from NJN in a Stoudemire S&T:

Yi Jianlian
Chris Douglas-Roberts
Kris Humphries
DAL 1st (#27)

T-Will is not on the table because of the way he finished the season, and Brook is completely untouchable.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
demens
Banned User

Post#5 » by demens » Sun May 16, 2010 3:18 pm

I dont expect any Net fan to like any trade involving Brook not matter what, looking for neutral opinions. The simple fact you listed all that trash as people you're willing to trade says everything (i'm a Net fan btw).

Return to Trades and Transactions