Mock Offseason

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Mock Offseason 

Post#1 » by sportscrazy » Sun May 16, 2010 5:28 pm

I'm interested in doing a mock off-season with myself and four other participants in which we all work together to do the entire off-season for all 30 NBA teams from the draft to trades to free agency. Jazzfan1971, moocow007 and bryant08 have already accepted and I will participate as well leaving one more spot, the final spot will go to the winner of a one round trade tournament.

It would start after the draft lottery.

Here is how it will run:

Trades
Trades can be submitted by any of the five members, but must be approved by three out of five members to become official that way only the best and most logical trades get passed. Trades can be proposed at any point of the mock off-season (Pre-draft, during the draft, sign and trades, etc.)

Draft
The draft will go down after the draft lottery on a night when all five members are available. We will vote on each pick as each team is on the clock. Each member votes for who they think will be selected by that team. Whichever player receives the most votes will be selected by that team.

If there is a tie, for example two members vote for DeMarcus Cousins going third overall to the Sacramento Kings and two members vote for Derrick Favors going to Sacramento while the fifth member voted for another player such as Wesley Johnson then that fifth member must change his vote to either Cousins or Favors to break the tie.

If all five members selected a different player for the pick, there will be a re-vote among the five players selected until one of the five players receives more votes. In a re-vote you cannot select your own player.

This will be how it goes down for all 60 draft picks until the draft is completed with trades going down along the way. So like I said, it must be on a night where all five members are available for a long while.

Free Agents
Before the top free agents are voted on, we will make each make a case for three teams they could sign with. After considering each case, we will vote the same way we did on the draft with each member submitting where they think that free agent will go. After the top 25 free agents are voted on and trades are made, I will fill out the rosters with the remaining free agents based on ideas submitted by the other four members and the off-season will be completed.

You would really only need time on two days. One night for the draft and one night for the top 25 free agents. The rest of the job would be to propose and approve/decline submitted trades by other members at your own time. If you just had a chance to check your e-mail once a day at any time and be available for two nights to do the draft and free agency, then I would say you should be able to join and be fine.

If you're interested please reply here. I will select four to eight of the most qualified interested parties. Thank you.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Re: Mock Offseason 

Post#2 » by sportscrazy » Sun May 16, 2010 8:02 pm

I'm interested in shrink, nate33, and a few others, if you're out there and you're interested let me know.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.

Return to Trades and Transactions