Offers for the 8th Pick (LAC)

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

bluestar
Sixth Man
And1: 5

Re: Offers for the 8th Pick (LAC) 

Post#101 » by bluestar » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:31 am

ClipperEric wrote:
bluestar wrote:Bosh
Weems

For

Kaman
Gordon
Minny future 1st

Far too much to give up for a player who's already leaving Toronto. Somebody will get Bosh for much less.

Maybe so but if the Clippers offer this they will probably get Bosh.
By getting Bosh you enter the sweepstakes to get Lebron to come to LALA Land Clippers style..
CalderCup wrote:

Our second unit has some ballers. House, TA, Posey, Scal, Powe. That's a good line-up, lol. That squad is better than some starting 5's elsewhere in the league.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,657

Post#102 » by ejftw » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:14 am

SportsFan215 wrote:
ejftw wrote:
SportsFan215 wrote:I just wanted to revive this thread, because I kept thinking about this idea. Pair this deal with #8 for Iggy, and the Clippers can run out a lineup of Baron/Iggy/Granger/Griffin/Hibbert. I really like that lineup, if the Clips don't sign a big name FA.

If we do that deal, we'd have to give up the shot on a big FA, but that line-up doesn't have an outside shooter and would probably struggle.

First we would have one of the best outside shooters in the game in Danny Granger and these deals would only happen AFTER possibly failing to sign a big name FA.

Yeah, but Baron, Iggy & Griffin don't have a consistent shot and could allow teams to camp in the lane, but the deal would have to be done beforehand since the #8 is involved in acquiring Iggy, unless the 6ers will be content with whoever we take and not wanting to make the choice themselves.

bluestar wrote:Bosh
Weems

For

Kaman
Gordon
Minny future 1st

Why would the Clippers overpay on a player they can straight out sign and not give up all the talent on the roster minus Blake? Kaman and #8 or the Minny pick is the most I'd offer for Bosh since he wouldn't be a good fit and odds are that Bosh is gone. If another team makes a better offer, than that is fine with me.

Bentley1225 wrote:What about trading down with the T-Wolves for #16, #23, #45?

Dropping down 8 spots for two picks that could possibly be purchased for $3 mil isn't worth it.

ClubLakers KB8 wrote:Thunder trade: Nick Collison (6,750,000) and #21
Thunder receive: Emeka Okafor (11,495,000)

Hornets trade: Emeka Okafor (11,495,000) and #11
Hornets receive: Nick Collison (6,750,000) and #8

Clippers trade: #8
Clippers receive: #11 and #21

Done. George at #11, Bledsoe at #21.
jgustav1
Analyst
And1: 21

Post#103 » by jgustav1 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:36 am

Bentley1225 wrote:What about trading down with the T-Wolves for #16, #23, #45?

The Clippers wouldn't be interested in adding that many rookies, and clearly wouldn't trade the #8 for these picks. TWolves should just keep their picks, at least they save money on contracts.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#104 » by Coxy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:39 am

Anthony Randolph and #6 for Blake Griffin and #8.
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#105 » by N.O.R.E. » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:19 am

Thats actually not too bad a deal IMHO Coxy, even though a lot of posters will hate it. The Clippers could land Wes Johnson/Aminou/Monroe at the #6 and would still have cap space and Kaman:

Kaman/DeAndre
A.Randolph/Aminou
R.Gay/Aminou
E.Gordon/R.Butler
B.Davis/S.Blake?

Thats a pretty damn good team now and in the future IMHO.
longfellow44
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#106 » by longfellow44 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:28 am

I like Randolph but I think griffen is likely to be a much better player. The pick swap isn't much do to the lack of change in the quality of players available.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#107 » by Coxy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:53 am

N.O.R.E. wrote:Thats actually not too bad a deal IMHO Coxy, even though a lot of posters will hate it. The Clippers could land Wes Johnson/Aminou/Monroe at the #6 and would still have cap space and Kaman:

Kaman/DeAndre
A.Randolph/Aminou
R.Gay/Aminou
E.Gordon/R.Butler
B.Davis/S.Blake?

I kind of look at it like Griffin/Aldrich for Randolph/Wes Johnson. I think this deal would only ever get sniffed if Wes Johnson fell though. I'm not sure the Clipps would go near it unless that occured as the idea of adding Monroe/Aminu/Aldrich/Davis or whoever at the 6 wouldn't be as appealing to them.

Bit of a risk for both clubs though, as Randolph is FAR from polished, has all the tools though and Blake is coming off major knee surgery and hasn't played a lick of NBA ball. The Johnson/Aldrich (or Monroe) swap would be good for both teams in this scenerio.

I'd love to see this for the Warriors next season-

PG Curry/MLE/Williams
SG Monta/Morrow/Bell
SF Azubukie/Maggette/Williams
PF Griffin/Wright/King Tolliver
C Biedrins/Turiaf/Aldrich

Curry and Griffin pick and roll for the next decade = :droop:
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#108 » by SportsFan215 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:14 pm

Coxy wrote:
N.O.R.E. wrote:Thats actually not too bad a deal IMHO Coxy, even though a lot of posters will hate it. The Clippers could land Wes Johnson/Aminou/Monroe at the #6 and would still have cap space and Kaman:

Kaman/DeAndre
A.Randolph/Aminou
R.Gay/Aminou
E.Gordon/R.Butler
B.Davis/S.Blake?

I kind of look at it like Griffin/Aldrich for Randolph/Wes Johnson. I think this deal would only ever get sniffed if Wes Johnson fell though. I'm not sure the Clipps would go near it unless that occured as the idea of adding Monroe/Aminu/Aldrich/Davis or whoever at the 6 wouldn't be as appealing to them.

Bit of a risk for both clubs though, as Randolph is FAR from polished, has all the tools though and Blake is coming off major knee surgery and hasn't played a lick of NBA ball. The Johnson/Aldrich (or Monroe) swap would be good for both teams in this scenerio.

I'd love to see this for the Warriors next season-

PG Curry/MLE/Williams
SG Monta/Morrow/Bell
SF Azubukie/Maggette/Williams
PF Griffin/Wright/King Tolliver
C Biedrins/Turiaf/Aldrich

Curry and Griffin pick and roll for the next decade = :droop:

Don't get too excited, because it's not going to happen. The Clips would need to get absolutely overwhelmed by a trade in order to deal Blake.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,657

Post#109 » by ejftw » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Coxy wrote:Anthony Randolph and #6 for Blake Griffin and #8.

Why would the Clippers give up Griffin to move up a whole two spots?
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,707

Post#110 » by gswhoops » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:19 pm

Personally, I'd even let you keep your pick (AR/6 for Griffin). Blake's gonna be a stud...
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#111 » by SportsFan215 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:34 pm

gswhoops wrote:Personally, I'd even let you keep your pick (AR/6 for Griffin). Blake's gonna be a stud...

I still wouldn't even do that.

Return to Trades and Transactions