Chad Ford: Ind/SA Rumor

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,864

Re: Chad Ford: Ind/SA Rumor 

Post#21 » by 510TWSS » Tue Jun 1, 2010 6:59 pm

I think if Indy was presented that deal they should take it. Great value for Murph and Brandon Rush. I liked the guy coming out of college, but he's a wing player that for whatever reason hasn't figured it out yet. I wonder who the Spurs like at #10 to trade Parker for. I don't see anything worth it.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#22 » by DusterBuster » Tue Jun 1, 2010 6:59 pm

I knew Parkers value wasn't nearly as ridiculously high as a lot of poster here suggested....
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
pacersrule08
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by pacersrule08 » Tue Jun 1, 2010 6:59 pm

idk but when can teams start trading again?
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#24 » by JES12 » Tue Jun 1, 2010 7:02 pm

That is a clever way of replacing Matt Bonner without adding more salary. Parker is great, but his style PGs are becoming a dime a dozen with Harris, Jennings, Brooks, Ellis, Beaubois, Paul, etc. And that style is the prototypical diamond in the ruff you can find at the end of the 1st round. What I am getting at is Parker is replacable.

Hill / Manu / Jefferson / Murphy / Duncan with the #10, Rush, McDyess off the bench. That is the smart managing that the SAS are known for.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#25 » by JES12 » Tue Jun 1, 2010 7:03 pm

pacersrule08 wrote:idk but when can teams start trading again?

As soon as that team's season is over as long as their trade partner is not still in the playoffs.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#26 » by LApwnd » Tue Jun 1, 2010 7:04 pm

pacersrule08 wrote:tony parker not a game changer? ummm

nope, Manu/Ducan were the game changers on that Spurs team, Parker got the benefit of having those 2 clear the path for him.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#27 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Jun 1, 2010 7:04 pm

See, this is where the rubber meets the road, in terms of Parker's trade value.

He's a 3-time All-Star and a difference-maker for any team, but he's going to want big bucks next year, possibly even a max extension. Unlike this summer, next summer seems like it will be far more saturated with teams that have capspace to sign an impact FA than FAs worth that capspace. At the top of the heap (assuming Durant and Melo sign extensions as expected) will be Tony. Do the Pacers, or any team for that matter, want to get into a bidding war for Parker? As a UFA with Bird Rights in '11, who's to say that Parker won't want to sign with a better team for the same money?

It looks good for the Spurs.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#28 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jun 1, 2010 7:05 pm

SnEaKy P wrote:Chard Ford:
One scenario floating out there is Tony Parker for No. 10, Troy Murphy (In the last year of his contract), and Brandon Rush.

This really surprised me. For one, I would think SA could find more value for Parker.

I don't.
He's got a ton of mileage on him, he's injury prone, he's up for an extension and is reportedly looking for way more then he's worth and as good as he is, I have to think playing next to the best power forward in NBA history has made him look a lot better then he is.

I honestly don't see a very big gap between him and Devin Harris. I do think Parker is better, but I think it is minimal and Harris is younger, has less wear and tear on his body and is on a nice 3 year contract. Parker is a definite flight risk no matter where he is traded. Although he's very competitive, he already has multiple rings and I think he will be a rogue free agent, going to the highest bidder no matter where that is.

This does seem to support my theory that Rush would have to be included with the 10th pick in the often RealGM talked of Harris to Indy deal, though.

This also lends some credence to my other theory(conspiracy that is...).
San An is reportedly very interested in Derrick Favors. Thing is, they really don't have the assets to move up to get him. But I have thought that Tiago Splitter, a top 10 lotto pick and one other solid young player would be enough to nab him if the Nets are that high on Splitter.
So San An trades for the pick, Murphy and Rush, then turns around and trades the 10th, Splitter's rights, the 20th pick or one of Rush, Blair or Hill for the 3rd overall and drafts Favors.

I love this time of year! :D
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#29 » by DusterBuster » Tue Jun 1, 2010 7:06 pm

JES12 wrote:That is a clever way of replacing Matt Bonner without adding more salary. Parker is great, but his style PGs are becoming a dime a dozen with Harris, Jennings, Brooks, Ellis, Beaubois, Paul, etc. And that style is the prototypical dimond in the ruff you can find at the end of the 1st round. What I am getting at is Parker is replacable.

Hill / Manu / Jefferson / Murphy / Duncan with the #10, Rush, McDyess off the bench. That is the smart managing that the SAS are known for.

This is what I was getting at when I was discussing a Parker trade when news first broke that the Spurs may look to move him. As good as he is, there's no getting around two irrefutable facts. 1) PG is becoming one of the most over-saturated positions in the NBA and 2) Parker is a SERIOUS history of injures.

Those don't equal huge trade value.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Photo Guy
Banned User

Post#30 » by Photo Guy » Tue Jun 1, 2010 7:07 pm

The strong take from the weak, and the smart take from the strong.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#31 » by Hoopalotta » Tue Jun 1, 2010 7:15 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:[loopy and elaborate, though well reasoned trade conspiracy]

I love this time of year! :D

:wordyo:

On the Wiz board, all our pie in the sky trade theories have to do with other owners being cheap. Looks like we'll be having a lot more fun again once we have some redundant players to push around in these hypotheticals.
Jon1798
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,477

Post#32 » by Jon1798 » Tue Jun 1, 2010 9:16 pm

Why wouldn't the Pacers just push for Collison?
"This post wants out of New Orleans" - Woj
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#33 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Jun 1, 2010 9:21 pm

Parker / Price / Ford
Dunleavy / D.Jones
Granger
Hansbrough / McRoberts
Hibbert / Foster / S.Jones

Pacers would have some serious holes to fill, but it's not a bad move assuming they have some sort of re-assurance Parker would re-sign AND at a reasonable amount.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#34 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jun 1, 2010 9:37 pm

Get Price out of that depth chart, he obliterated his knee...
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
fj20
Sophomore

Post#35 » by fj20 » Tue Jun 1, 2010 9:47 pm

i mean pacers are struggling to put butts in the seats...i would have to think getting an all star in parker would help the situation a bit...san antonio i think would love rush...he fits their style more than ours...well atleast with obie in the head chair for the pacers
greenway84
Bench Warmer

Post#36 » by greenway84 » Tue Jun 1, 2010 9:50 pm

i dont like it. id rather go after collison for less. or take my chances signing him next year. after he comes off the bench behind hill, maybe his asking price will go down.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#37 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Jun 1, 2010 9:59 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:Indiana should be all over that.

I like Parker but his injury history makes me say no. And considering the shortness of his contract he's likely to be a one yr rental so Rush and the pick would be wasted after Parker leaves which he would for a chance to win.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#38 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jun 1, 2010 10:41 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:Indiana should be all over that.

I like Parker but his injury history makes me say no. And considering the shortness of his contract he's likely to be a one yr rental so Rush and the pick would be wasted after Parker leaves which he would for a chance to win.

Yeah, this is why I think they should pursue Devin Harris with a similar package.
I mean I don't know that NJ is necessarily even interested in moving Harris now that we likely lost out on Turner and definitely lost out on Wall, but if NJ was indeed interested I think he makes a lot more sense for a multitude of reasons.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#39 » by Coxy » Tue Jun 1, 2010 11:00 pm

Take out the 10 pick in my opinion. If Parker is in a contract year and just walk, it provides no insurance to the deal by adding in the 10. Murphy and Rush seems like a fiar deal if they are looking to move him.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#40 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jun 1, 2010 11:23 pm

Coxy wrote:Take out the 10 pick in my opinion. If Parker is in a contract year and just walk, it provides no insurance to the deal by adding in the 10. Murphy and Rush seems like a fiar deal if they are looking to move him.

On one hand, I understand this from an Indy perspective, but I have no idea how this is fair value to San An. Rush is a B rate prospect and you're swapping out the expiring of a top 10 point guard(easily) in his prime for a guy that barely ranks top 20 for his position, turns 31 next season and isn't nearly the impact player that Parker is.

Return to Trades and Transactions