Mem/GS/MN/PHI

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Stephen S
Sophomore
And1: 0

Mem/GS/MN/PHI 

Post#1 » by Stephen S » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:22 am

Memphis gives up Thabeet and Mayo for Monte Ellis. This was rumored, but I would not if I was Memphis.

Golden State gives up Monte Ellis and #6 for Love, Sessions, Thabeet, and #16. GS does this to get a legit starting PG to play along Curry; to help with their rebounding with the addition of Love (making a big rotation of Love, Randolph, Thabeet and Biedrins); Thabeet has major potential to be a force in the future, and #16 could be a bpa to fill a need.

Minnesota gives up Love, Sessions, #4 and #16 for #2 and #6. This allows Minnesota to grab their guy in Turner and put them in position to grab another major wing piece in either Johnson or Aminu.

Philadelphia gives up #2 for Mayo and #4. Mayo gives them an excellent scorer to go along with Iggy and the #4 pick to take Cousins to shore up their front line for the future.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: Mem/GS/MN/PHI 

Post#2 » by Coxy » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:26 am

Stephen S wrote:Golden State gives up Monte Ellis and #6 for Love, Sessions, Thabeet, and #16. GS does this to get a legit starting PG to play along Curry; to help with their rebounding with the addition of Love (making a big rotation of Love, Randolph, Thabeet and Biedrins); Thabeet has major potential to be a force in the future, and #16 could be a bpa to fill a need.

Sure, why not. Ellis and the 6th (Monroe maybe), for Love, Sessions, Thabeet and the 16 (Whiteside, Udoh, Aldrich maybe), has got to be a no brainer for Golden State. In fact, it's an absolute steal and I say yes please.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#3 » by lakerhater » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:29 am

It's Monta not Monte.

I never bought into the Ellis for Mayo/Thabeet stuff so this deal ends at that point for me.

Also, Curry is a "legit starting PG" and GSW is not looking to move Curry to SG at all.

I'm not in favor of dealing the 6th pick for Love although it's fair value.

"Thabeet has major potential" is used car salesman talk.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#4 » by Coxy » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:32 am

lakerhater wrote:It's Monta not Monte.

lol, I quit trying to correct that gaff a while ago. It's only a spelling error I know, but it changes his name to the point of being Monti, when it is actually pronounced Montay. Meh.
Casperkid23
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#5 » by Casperkid23 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:34 am

Needs tweaking to work financially, but after that I think the deal works.

If you added Dalembert going from PHI to MIN and then Gomes going back to PHI from MIN, that would save Philadelphia a ton of money and open up room for Cousins - while Minnesota gets a stopgap for one season. It also would work financially since Philadelphia could then acquire Mayo.

Memphis supposedly does the deal because they like Monta.

GS does the deal because they definitely shore up their rebounding and get themselves a pretty awesome young frontcourt, and then can use the #16 on best wing available.

Minnesota reluctantly does it based on rumors, because they nab Turner and then at #6 can go with a variety of options, but they would hope for Johnson to fall.

Philadelphia drops two spots but cuts a ton of cap; gets a guy in the same tier as Turner, but carries more risk; and then gets Mayo who would seem to be a very good fit with Iggy.

This deal is probably best for Philadelphia, second best for GS, third best for Memphis, and worst for Minnesota depending on who is there at #6 - but it could potentially make sense for all teams.

Good work.
NBA Draft Fanatic.
BringBackKorver
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by BringBackKorver » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:36 am

Yes from Philadelphia (from me at least).
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#7 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:37 am

Memphis fans, by and large, roundly hated the proposed Mayo/Monta deal. Still do. From a fan's perspective - pass.
Casperkid23
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#8 » by Casperkid23 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:39 am

GrizzledGrizzFan wrote:Memphis fans, by and large, roundly hated the proposed Mayo/Monta deal. Still do. From a fan's perspective - pass.

From a fan's perspective, I also dislike the Minnesota side because I'd rather they moved Al for a mid-lotto and roll with Cousins at #4. However the buzz is that the Timberwolves want Turner, so this gets the job done at a reasonable price.
NBA Draft Fanatic.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#9 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:41 am

Wow, easy yes for the Sixers. This would be fantastic, actually. Some salary needs to go out, though. Green should be fine. I would even add our 2011 1st, with lotto protection, to send to which ever team needs it to be convinced (Memphis?).
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#10 » by lakerhater » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:55 am

Coxy wrote:
lakerhater wrote:It's Monta not Monte.

lol, I quit trying to correct that gaff a while ago. It's only a spelling error I know, but it changes his name to the point of being Monti, when it is actually pronounced Montay. Meh.

You forgot about Monty, like Monty Capuletti played by Rodney Dangerfield in "Easy Money"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siaKlRLh ... re=related
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#11 » by FNQ » Thu Jun 3, 2010 1:04 am

W's pass... Thabeet is a one dimensional stiff, Love plays C here, Sessions is an alright backup PG... but all that to move down 10 spots? 6 is where you can at minimum land a solid role player where we need it. 16 is a virtual lock to be a project player or end of the bench guy.

Would rather keep the 6 unless Maggette is shed somehow.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#12 » by old rem » Thu Jun 3, 2010 1:33 am

Coxy wrote:
Stephen S wrote:Golden State gives up Monte Ellis and #6 for Love, Sessions, Thabeet, and #16. GS does this to get a legit starting PG to play along Curry; to help with their rebounding with the addition of Love (making a big rotation of Love, Randolph, Thabeet and Biedrins); Thabeet has major potential to be a force in the future, and #16 could be a bpa to fill a need.

Sure, why not. Ellis and the 6th (Monroe maybe), for Love, Sessions, Thabeet and the 16 (Whiteside, Udoh, Aldrich maybe), has got to be a no brainer for Golden State. In fact, it's an absolute steal and I say yes please.

None of those lasts past 12-13. At 16,I'd guess Babbitt. The Bigs with any starter hopes are pretty much gone. What's left are rotation guys.

"Get a legit starting PG to play along Curry" Uh...WHAT ? Curry IS a legit starting PG. Ellis is more PG than Sessions and MUCH more SG. Thabeet and Nellie? Jeez....Thabeet will be gone by January...or deceased and missing. He MAY become a big plus but it's way in the future.
Love vs Monroe? Monroe fits in and is longer,a lot more mobile and may play good D. Love...I love the rebounds and he has a J. Anyone notice any wide body/slow feet guys on the W's? Uh huh...Nellie will be hard to convince. He is about SPEED. He trades Ultra Fast for almost too slow? Unlikely. Sessions/Thabeet/16 for #6 might look good if GSW was hungry for DEPTH.

In ALL TRADES WITHIN THE WEST....GSW has to consider balance of power. If we maybe break even and it's a giant + for Minny or Memphis...we LOSE. This gets us Love..like I said,nice RBD...But he becomes the 3rd big behind Biedrins/Randolph because they FIT and play better D.
CENSORED... No comment.
Sixerlover
Starter

Post#13 » by Sixerlover » Thu Jun 3, 2010 1:43 am

Jrue / Mayo / Iguodala / Brand / Cousins ?

Sign me up.
Stephen S
Sophomore

Post#14 » by Stephen S » Thu Jun 3, 2010 1:55 am

Sixerlover wrote:Jrue / Mayo / Iguodala / Brand / Cousins ?

Sign me up.

If nothing for nothing else....I seemed to have found something the Sixers fans like....

I still think the Warriors are getting an awesome deal out of this, but that is only if they want to actually win and not just be exciting to watch.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#15 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jun 3, 2010 1:58 am

I think Minny cuts us out, though. Love, Sessions, and #16 for Mayo and #6 would be pretty damn good for them.
Stephen S
Sophomore

Post#16 » by Stephen S » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:01 am

sixerswillrule wrote:I think Minny cuts us out, though. Love, Sessions, and #16 for Mayo and #6 would be pretty damn good for them.

Ironically, that was my originally idea before I decided to try and find a way to get Turner.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#17 » by The Guilty Party » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:04 am

Add me as another Sixers fan who would do this.
Stephen S
Sophomore

Post#18 » by Stephen S » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:24 am

Now...lets cut out Philadelphia...

GS gives up #6, Monta Ellis and receives Love, Sessions Thabeet, and #12---the Warriors simply win more games with this deal

Memphis gives up Mayo, Thabeet, and #12 and receives Ellis and Pekovic---Memphis improves at both spots at the price of #12

Minnesota gives up Love, Sessions, Pekovic, while receiving Mayo and #6----get a good, maybe great?, wing in Mayo and in good position to pick up another in Johnson or Aminu
BeRight32
Banned User

Post#19 » by BeRight32 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:28 am

Change Thabeet to the 25,28,Haddai or whatever his name is

so Mayo, Haddai, 12, 25,2 8 for Monta, 6
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#20 » by lakerhater » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:54 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:W's pass... Thabeet is a one dimensional stiff, Love plays C here, Sessions is an alright backup PG... but all that to move down 10 spots? 6 is where you can at minimum land a solid role player where we need it. 16 is a virtual lock to be a project player or end of the bench guy.

Would rather keep the 6 unless Maggette is shed somehow.

This is the correct answer for GSW.

The updated trade by the OP isn't acceptable for GSW either.

Return to Trades and Transactions