DIRK gets a great sidekick, stays with mavs (with ny,n.o)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

stankubrick13
Freshman
And1: 0

DIRK gets a great sidekick, stays with mavs (with ny,n.o) 

Post#1 » by stankubrick13 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 8:31 am

dallas out: kidd, marion, beaubois, dampier. - in: Chris Paul, posey, peterson, songaila

Ny out: curry, gallinari - in: kidd, marion

new orleans out - chris paul, peterson, posey, songaila.

for dallas. get out of marions awfully long contract, and cut ties with kidd. lose a young prospect in beaubois, but use the dust chip plus all this to acquire the best pg in the league. new starting five?

pg - paul
sg - terry
sf - butler
pf - nowizki
c - haywood (resigned)

then they could use the mle to strengthen their bench...dirk finally gets a legit superstar to play alongside him.

for n.o? it makes sense. they have collison, a young great pg on a great contract right now. they wanna save money, so they ditch pauls huge contract as well as poseys awful contract and they receive some great young prospects in beuabois and gallinari while getting a free 13 mill in dampiers contract, and a huge expiring in curry's contract. collison, beuabois, gallinari, west, thornton, thats a sick young team, plus a nice draft pick this year also

for ny - if they're looking to lure two big free agents to play in d'antois system, who better to run it then jason kidd (hes' not nash, but still). he's a got a few years left in him and he could certainly contend for a title in these next couple of seasons with the right guys. he, marion, and wilson chandler make three solid starters, and now they have enough to sign two max guys, or one max guy, and some other players as well. how bout a starting 5 of kidd, wade, chandler, marion, and bosh? or something of the sort...ya get my drift. they can then use the vet minimum to sign some bench players. regardless of anything ny does, their bench will be weak. but this way, they have a strong starting five.

thoughts?
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Re: DIRK gets a great sidekick, stays with mavs (with ny,n.o) 

Post#2 » by JES12 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 8:37 am

First, I would definately do this trade to get Chris Paul.

But, WTH is Paul going to do with Haywood, Dirk, Butler and Terry? There are only 2 players on our team that would work real well with Paul and you trade both of them in the trade.
stankubrick13
Freshman

Post#3 » by stankubrick13 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 8:41 am

what are u talking about? drive and kick to terry (great wide open three point shooter) hitting butler off cuts slashes, lobs to haywood (ala his lobs to okafor in n.o, and chandler before him). dirk at the elbow pick and pop with cp3? sounds perfect.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#4 » by JES12 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 9:30 am

stankubrick13 wrote:what are u talking about? drive and kick to terry (great wide open three point shooter) hitting butler off cuts slashes, lobs to haywood (ala his lobs to okafor in n.o, and chandler before him). dirk at the elbow pick and pop with cp3? sounds perfect.

Exactly my point. Kick outs to feed a jumpshooting hungry team.....ummm, lovely. Then lobs to a guy who made the Hornets worse. Okafor sucked just as bad as Haywood will. And Butler, really? A guy who is not good at capitalizing on what others create? Butler is much better creating his own shot than he cuts and slashes like Marion.

Once again, don't get me wrong, I still would do the trade, but I would give them Butler and keep Marion. Then try to trade Haywood, Terry Stevenson for Anderson, JR Smith and Martin.

Paul / Smith / Marion / Dirk / Anderson with Martin off the bench. Now that is a team ready to battle with Chris Paul.
BrothaRedz
Sophomore

Post#5 » by BrothaRedz » Thu Jun 3, 2010 1:24 pm

stankubrick13 wrote:dallas out: kidd, marion, beaubois, dampier. - in: Chris Paul, posey, peterson, songaila

:lol:
i thought the dust chip and beaubois was going to get you lebron?
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#6 » by Rockazoids » Thu Jun 3, 2010 1:46 pm

Noway NY trade Gallo for a 36 or 37 year old Kidd & a 30 or 31 year old Marion.
Dirk can get his sidekick in NY in Gallo. All he has to do is sign there. :wink:
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
mjh79
Sophomore

Post#7 » by mjh79 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:17 pm

New Orleans' counter offer is Peja and Okafor for Dirk, Beaubois, and Dampier's unguaranteed contract.

Reason for Dallas: they blow up a squad that will never get out of the first round. They add toughness and get a huge expiring contract in Peja. The Mavericks lose less than 40 million for the first time in 6 years and Cuban can settle the Perot lawsuit.

Reason for New Orleans: They get a nice backup to David West and a get good 3rd string pg behind Paul and Collison while saving money after cutting Dampier. Thornton gets a good sidekick off the bench in Dirk.
nikkoewan
Senior
And1: 1

Post#8 » by nikkoewan » Thu Jun 3, 2010 3:09 pm

another paul trade... another no..

Return to Trades and Transactions