My New Orleans Offseason

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

CDM88
Banned User
And1: 1

My New Orleans Offseason 

Post#1 » by CDM88 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:15 am

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_100607.html

Trade 1:
Hornets Trade:CP3
Hornets Get: 3rd,YI,Williams,future 1st

Trade 2:
Hornets Trade: Okafor,Peterson,11th
Hornets Get: Hamilton,Maxiel,7th

Draft Favors with the 3rd http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Der ... vors-1335/
Draft Aminu with the 7th http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Al- ... minu-1293/

2011 Hornets
Collinson
Hamilton
Aminu
West
Favors

6th man:
Thorton

(have NJ's 2011 1st to draft a permanent sg or BPA if its a high lotto pick)
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,310

Re: My New Orleans Offseason 

Post#2 » by DirtyDez » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:34 am

If i'm NJ i ask for D-Harris as well to maybe trade later. Draft Cousins at #3.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
CDM88
Banned User

Post#3 » by CDM88 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:21 am

DirtyDez wrote:If i'm NJ i ask for D-Harris as well to maybe trade later. Draft Cousins at #3.

Naw u go BPA . If cousins is who they really want they can trade down for extra assets or picks but u dont pass on Favors.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,310

Post#4 » by DirtyDez » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:15 pm

CDM88 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:If i'm NJ i ask for D-Harris as well to maybe trade later. Draft Cousins at #3.

Naw u go BPA . If cousins is who they really want they can trade down for extra assets or picks but u dont pass on Favors.

How is Favors the BPA over Cousins?
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
djeff
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#5 » by djeff » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:42 pm

i don't think the hornets want to pay 36 M for Hamilton for the next 3 years.
if they trade CP3, they will trade only for young player or ending contract.

Okafor for Jefferson / Blair ?
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#6 » by Bac2Basics » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Under which parallel universe do you imagine New Orleans trading Chris Paul?
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
Smirk
Starter
And1: 1,594

Post#7 » by Smirk » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:48 pm

That would be the most disastrous offseason in almost any teams history. Laughable.

Any Hornets trade with the Nets for CP3 starts with Lopez + 3 and gets better from there. If not, no chance in hell.

And taking on Rip's dreadful contract... God.
CDM88
Banned User

Post#8 » by CDM88 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Smirk wrote:That would be the most disastrous offseason in almost any teams history. Laughable.

Any Hornets trade with the Nets for CP3 starts with Lopez + 3 and gets better from there. If not, no chance in hell.

U do know that chris is comming off an injury right? and that collinson was putting up like 12ppg 5ast in his apsence
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#9 » by shangrila » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:06 pm

CDM88 wrote:
Smirk wrote:That would be the most disastrous offseason in almost any teams history. Laughable.

U do know that chris is comming off an injury right? and that collinson was putting up like 12ppg 5ast in his apsence

So you trade one of the best point guards in the league, who's still young and now locked into a decent contract for the next few years, for scraps because he missed a couple of months for some non-important injury and his backup put up TWELVE POINTS and FIVE ASSISTS? Seriously?

I've seen you post some crap but this little explanation takes the cake.
Smirk
Starter
And1: 1,594

Post#10 » by Smirk » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:16 pm

CDM88 wrote:

I'm sure I know more about the situation. Chris is fine. He's playing in the Worlds this summer.

NOH has no incentive to trade him THIS offseason unless they get an amazing deal AND dump contracts like Okafor and Posey. CP and DC can coexist fine.

Next offseason, different story. If the Hornets don't improve, CP can opt out after the 11/12 season. With a new CBA, they may know he won't re-sign, and then it's possible.

Return to Trades and Transactions