Bucks to make another move? -- CDR to Bucks for 2nd rounder

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,384

Re: Bucks to make another move? -- CDR to Bucks for 2nd rounder 

Post#41 » by jowglenn » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:13 am

Man, the Bucks are going to be NASTY GOOD.

Let Salmons walk I guess, then use Redd/pick/delfino to find a serious rotation big man.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Re: Bucks to make another move? -- CDR to Bucks for 2nd rounder 

Post#42 » by Prospect Dong » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:19 am

I'm honestly not seeing your point or where you're going with this?

If you're trying to pat yourself on the back, it's not working. CDR is still a solid player with some potential to be a steady rotation guy, 6xth man type if he ever changes his selfish me first attitude, where as Haddadi is 14th man garbage rotting on a bench because he sucks.

Well, after a guy gets traded for a mid-second rounder I'd say this:

I guess we'll see. This strikes me as one of those classic "our second rounder who sits on the bench and hasn't shown anything but flashes yet is going to be awesome. Your second rounder who sits on the bench and hasn't shown anything but flashes yet is going to suck" type threads.

was probably closer to the truth that this:

I'm telling you, CDR is a baller, and just because he isn't the best 3 point shooter doesn't mean he isn't a good shooter in general, dude has a nasty midrange game.

And certainly more prescient than this:

The Nets aren't trading CDR. He is an extremely talented player who will be getting a lot of minutes this year.

That's kind of what being wrong looks like. Incredibly, embarrassingly wrong? Not really. But "teachable moment" wrong? Sure. "Probably shouldn't be throwing stones right now" wrong? Definitely.
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors

Return to Trades and Transactions