The Heat Should've Traded For Al Jefferson

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Alex_De_Large
Lead Assistant
And1: 45

Re: The Heat Should've Traded For Al Jefferson 

Post#21 » by Alex_De_Large » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:56 pm

LBJ was thinking about Knicks and Cavs before Wade and Bosh signing with Heat. so stop this nonsense.
We all know Al Jeff or Haslem are much better than C.Soft right now, lets deal with it.
KingoftheCastle
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#22 » by KingoftheCastle » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Alex_De_Large wrote:LBJ was thinking about Knicks and Cavs before Wade and Bosh signing with Heat. so stop this nonsense.
We all know Al Jeff or Haslem are much better than C.Soft right now, lets deal with it.

huh? The plan for this trio to form was etched in stone over two years ago.
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,418

Post#23 » by WillyJakkz » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:00 pm

john2jer wrote:
WillyJakk7 wrote:
Chris Bosh
PPG: 14.8 | RPG: 6.0 | BPG: 1.2

Al Jefferson
PPG: 16.6 | RPG: 9.2 | BPG: 1.4

Jefferson's stats are "suffering" in Utah adjusting to a winning system and not being the man on the Jazz so I really don't see what would be different in Miami w/ his stats "suffering".

Unless you're trying to say Williams/Milsap is comparable to James/Wade, :lol: , then you can't compare numbers between Bosh and Jefferson.

(As explained) Jefferson is not the man on Utah whereas he was accustomed to being the man in Minny.

Add that w/ the fact that there's a winning culture and brand of basketball being played in Utah which Williams/ Millsap & others are used to playing and a coach who demands the most of his players in a guy like Jerry Sloan and you'll see the difference in performance.

Bosh was on a bad team/ culture in Toronto and now is playing w/ a franchise and 2 premiere players that demand alot from themselves and others and he's adjusting to this also.

The difference is Bosh is being showcased now as a less than average rebounder/ defender who also doesn't want to play C and that's not the case w/ Al Jeff.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#24 » by Jvaughn » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Dirty Water wrote:What they really need is a good distributing PG that can play defense like Hinrich and a center like Perkins and then and then solid defensive role players off the bench like battier, maxiell, varajeo type. But only in a perfect world... too bad they locked up all their salary on three players. I'm sure in 2 or 3 years they will be able to add depth with MLEs and LLEs

As long as the new CBA doesn't get rid of the MLE and LLE. If it does they're going to have a real problem improving that team. I don't think it will be an issue, but you never know.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,418

Post#25 » by WillyJakkz » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Jvaughn wrote:The difference would be that he wouldn't make a difference in MIA. Is he really going to put up better numbers than Bosh there. He wouldn't get as many touches as he's getting in UTA, and he wouldn't get as many rebound chances either. What difference could he possibly make in MIA unless they were going to decided to circulate the offense around him and play from the inside out.

They wouldn't have to play inside out w/ Jefferson and yes, getting rebounds is a part of playing defense and getting more rebounds equates to better defense so yes he'd make a difference in winning or losing a basketball game.

I don't understand how you feel he wouldn't get many rebound chances/ opportunities in Mia.

Jefferson is a very effective post scorer and the Heat absolutely do not have that right now.

Everything is from the perimeter right now, James or Wade penetrating/ dunking, or a layup, and the occassional LeBron penetration postup, nothing else is coming from the interior.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#26 » by funkatron101 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:57 pm

KingoftheCastle wrote:You'll gonna flame me for being a homer, but Lebron and Wade should have colluded to play in Chicago. First off, Joakim is an unselfish of a big man as you can find. His only goal is to dominate on the boards and do dirty work. Same goes for D. Rose, he would have deffered and setup those guys all day.

PG Rose
SG Wade
C Noah
SF Lebron
PF Whatever(Taj Gibson)

That's a complete team.

I was rooting for this myself.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,021

Post#27 » by moocow007 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:22 pm

It's not the position with Bosh, it's the demeanor. He seems like he's just their enjoying the weather and the girls. His on court demeanor just doesn't fit Lebron James or Dwayne Wade. That's where Stoudemire would have made more sense. Not because Stoudemire is a C or that he's a good defensive player, but because he's got the same bulldog demeanor that James has.

Return to Trades and Transactions