Team Needs: Post Yours / Trade Deadline Time to Update

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,469

Team Needs: Post Yours / Trade Deadline Time to Update 

Post#1 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jan 3, 2012 2:30 pm

Alright, we are a week almost two into the season.

So what is your team's trade needs, what sort of return would they be ideally looking for if the traded some assets. What position, what sort of player: stretch 4 or banger, defensive presence or low post option, and any salary restrictions such as no money due for the '13 fa or not over 9m as that puts over the tax, etc).

Let everyone know so we can all make better trades to you team. :wink:

Feel free and add what sort of asset they would be willing to send out in a trade, although that tends to diverge into a whole different debate as to the degree of tradability of each player on a roster (a worthy separate thread).
HartfordWhalers

Re: Team Needs: Post Yours 

Post#2 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jan 3, 2012 2:30 pm

List so far:

Charlotte: Long term starters at Sf and Center. Backup Sg. Need youth, are rebuilding. Have expirings and Portland's future pick, can't trade own pick.

Chicago: A Sg/Sf shot creator off the bench. Have Korver, some un-guaranteed contracts, own and Charlotte pick, as well as Gibson and Asik that all could be moved if value is right.

Cleveland: Long term starters at Sg or Sf, and a starting Center. Basically a roster to go with Kyrie and Thompson. Isn't afraid to buy picks/talent by taking on bad salary.

Golden State: Backup Pg.

Indiana: Long term a starting Pg. Right now a Scoring Sg (off the bench). Backup Pf/Center role player rotation depth. Could be willing to part with a pick, and cap space.

Lakers: A superstar. Also a starting Pg, and depth at Sg and Center. Gasol and/or Bynum could be outgoing but only in a blockbuster.

Minnesota: A Sg. Ideally is a good defender and a good scorer. A go to scorer better, and an upgrade at Center. Have an unbalance roster with considerably amounts of players that could be traded, but highly unlikely to be Love/Rubio/Williams.

Milwaukee: A go to wing scorer, A backup Center. Has too many Pf's.

NJ/Brooklyn: Dwight, and a Sf, but needs to maintain as much salary cap '12 space as they have.

New Orleans: A long term starting Pg and big Pf/Center. Unlikely to flip Gordon, but most else could move.

New York Knicks: A starting Pg, a Sg (backup or starter) and a backup big (Pf/C). Have Fields and Douglas (assuming a pg comes back).

Orlando: A superstar/player that would convince Dwight to stay, a backup Center.

Philadelphia: Long term a starting Center. Right now a 4th bigman (backup) pf that can play/defend inside. Assumed to want to stay under the luxury tax which is 1 million away.

Phoenix: Go to scorer, starting Pf. Tradable players include Lopez, Frye, Childress.

Portland: Long term a starting Center. An experienced backup Pg. Could move one of Batum/Wallace for the center.

Sacramento: A shot blocking center.

Toronto: Young long term starters at Pg and Sf. Barbosa, and possibly a Pf from Amir/Davis/Bargs(?) could be moved.

Utah Long term a starting Pg.

Washington: Long term starters at Sg, Sf, and Pf to add to a Wall/McGee base.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,852

Post#3 » by TGW » Tue Jan 3, 2012 2:32 pm

As a Wizards fan, I'd say everything but point guard and center. I think they feel comfortable moving on with McGee and Wall as the core of the team. The rest of the players are either young, underdeveloped pieces that can be moved (Crawford, Vesely, Singleton, Seraphin, Mack) or trade fodder (everyone else).
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
HartfordWhalers

Post#4 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jan 3, 2012 2:34 pm

Okay to start off:

Sixers: A starting center better then Hawes. Ideally one that isn't ridiculously slow footed and works defensively with Brand, although if the center is good enough Brand is only here for 1.9 more seasons. If rebuilding a physical pf is a big hole, and a 4th big could also be of use, as right now it is Speights, Vucevic, or Tony Battie .

{And yes, if you noticed, Hawes did start the season's 4 games off by averaging 12ppg/12.5rpg/4apg/1.8bpg with a PER of 23.6 and a TS of 67%, but for sanity's sake lets just assume that Woj's MIP prediction falls back towards his career numbers, and Philly's center question isn't resolved yet.}
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,825

Post#5 » by mcfly1204 » Tue Jan 3, 2012 2:42 pm

Cleveland needs starting caliber wings, both SG and SF, as well as a starting C. I expect them to fill at least one wing position in the 2012 draft, so that leaves a SF or SG, as well as a starting caliber C. Cleveland will not trade Thompson, Irving, or their 2012 or 2013 1st round picks. Cleveland is willing to take on salary for a good pick, > ~20, or a promising young player.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#6 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Jan 3, 2012 2:47 pm

NETS

needs
Dwight Howard
Healthy Lopez and Humphries
SF

on the block
Farmar
Petro
Morrow
Shawne Wililams (March 1)
DeShawn Stevenson (March 1)

not on the block
D.Williams
Brooks
Lopez
Humphries
Okur
Draft picks

not untouchable, but I doubt you want them, and we kind of need or like them
Gaines
D.James
Shelden W.
Jordan W.
Horner

conditions
The Nets will not take on any additional salary for next season (they would for this season). They are not opposed to long term contracts as long as they are less than or equal to our two year contracts of Farmar (PO), Morrow, Petro, Shawne W. (PO)
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#7 » by FNQ » Tue Jan 3, 2012 3:00 pm

Warriors:

Perimeter help needed. Preferrably a backup PG, someone who can create/handle with a decent jumper. Not going to harp on defense in this instance..
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#8 » by winter_mute_13 » Tue Jan 3, 2012 3:20 pm

Indiana

Immediate need: SG who can get his own shot, a la Jamal Crawford or OJ Mayo. Main asset in trade is cap space, might be willing to part with first rounder but it would have to be a pretty good player.

Lesser immediate need: Big man depth. We do have a bunch of bigs but several (West, Foster, Pendergraph) are injured or coming off injury. More bigs as insurance can't hurt. Will only offer cap space plus possibly bench players (e.g. D. Jones, AJ Price)

Long term need: A better starting PG than Collison.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 823

Post#9 » by Pacersike » Tue Jan 3, 2012 3:21 pm

Pacers:

Born Ready to get born again.

Guard who can create (for others or himself) and is comfortable handling the ball.
A backup big with power.
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#10 » by winter_mute_13 » Tue Jan 3, 2012 3:25 pm

Pacersike wrote:Pacers:

Born Ready to get born again.

Guard who can create (for others or himself) and is comfortable handling the ball.
A backup big with power.

Great minds think alike (and post at the same time) 8-)
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#11 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Jan 3, 2012 3:27 pm

winter_mute_13 wrote:Indiana

Immediate need: SG who can get his own shot, a la Jamal Crawford or OJ Mayo. Main asset in trade is cap space, might be willing to part with first rounder but it would have to be a pretty good player.

Lesser immediate need: Big man depth. We do have a bunch of bigs but several (West, Foster, Pendergraph) are injured or coming off injury. More bigs as insurance can't hurt. Will only offer cap space plus possibly bench players (e.g. D. Jones, AJ Price)

Nets would give you Johan Petro for Price.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#12 » by old rem » Tue Jan 3, 2012 3:28 pm

GSW's real need at the moment is a little time. In these early games they have played well, but Ellis,Lee and Curry each missed a game,so they have not seen a good run with everything.

Everyone's played better D. Bench guys have stepped up, especially McGuire,Udoh and Rush.
Biedrins+ Brown have handled C well. Beans has had fairly short minutes mostly but looks quick, has been a plus on D. Brown's not as quick or agile but played steady,has the beef to be a presence,to hold his ground.

I'd be eyes open for any " bargain",someone who's under-rated. Two of my favorites were T Hansborough and Ryan Anderson...but now they started the season so well they won't be bargains anymore. Cousins? I doubt anything happens. GSW would be wary about asking a new coach to deal with Cousins. Sac...probably figures this blows over,that Cousins works as a keeper....or that some team offers a lot more than we would. If Cousins had as much talent between his ears as he has elsewhere....he could be Bynum with good knees. Otherwise...he can be a very large spoiled brat.
Many underestimate his upside...but many also underestimate the net impact of what a loose cannon he can be.

Dorrel Wright hasn't found his perimeter J,so far. That's thrown his overall game off and resulted in him splitting SF minutes with Rush + McGuire who both opened the season in peak form.

Ellis + Curry....both in good form.....outplayed the Bull's backcourt of Rose- Hamilton....and by plenty. Even so there will be another thread claiming Ellis + Curry can't play together....and GSW ought to trade one or the other for some bloated contract guy. Forget it.

To pry away Curry or Ellis a team will need to really bid big,to include assets that are NOT normally on the table. Most deals I see...assume GSW just woke up from a 3 day bender and is pretty confused about what's what. I'm reluctant to think the front office is real GOOD, but I assume they can do basic fact checking,can watch games.
CENSORED... No comment.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#13 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Jan 3, 2012 3:30 pm

Immediate need for the Warriors is a quality PG.
HartfordWhalers

Post#14 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jan 3, 2012 3:33 pm

winter_mute_13 wrote:Indiana

Love the format. Thanks.
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 928

Post#15 » by kdawg32086 » Tue Jan 3, 2012 4:14 pm

Portland Trailblazers

Needs
1) The most obvious need is a center to keep Aldridge as a PF long-term (when Camby and Thomas are gone).

2) Veteran point guard. Not a huge need but the team could benefit from having a second experienced PG on the roster.

What's available?:
I think realistically either Gerald Wallace or Nic Batum would be made available to get a legit starting center. By legit, I mean someone capable of starting for a competitive playoff team, aka NOT someone unproven (Pekovic/ J.Thompson) or someone old (Haywood/Okur). Wallace would be available if the team builds for the long-term and Batum if they want to be a contending team now and can find someone like Kris Joseph to replace him in the draft. Camby could be available as an expiring filler. Armon Johnson and Luke Babbitt are probably available as throw-ins in any trade. The other young guys are probably harder to get. Aldridge and Matthews are probably not available.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,381

Post#16 » by dockingsched » Tue Jan 3, 2012 4:24 pm

Lakers needs:

1. Superstar in exchange for Pau Gasol and/or Andrew Bynum

2. PG that can create for others

3. Quality sg or c depth

Whats available? for #1 its pau/bynum/picks. basically anything besides kobe, but not necessarily everything at once. for #2 or #3, basically anything besides pau/bynum/kobe and probably fisher.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#17 » by C.lupus » Tue Jan 3, 2012 4:29 pm

I'm more of a lurker here but I'll post my thoughts on the Timberwolves. Somebody else (shrink?) can embelish if they want.

Timberwolves

needs
A wing that can create offense and play decent D (preferably a SG)
A closer - somebody who can get that last shot in a close game (ideaally the same person as above)
Help at Center
Roster consolidation/balance - lots of SFs and PFs on the roster, only 1 true SG

not on the block
Kevin Love
Ricky Rubio
Derrick Williams (unless it's a stud coming back)
JJ Barea

Anyone else on the roster is available in the right deal. that is:
Luke Ridnour
Malcolm Lee (I) (I'd prefer to keep him, though)
Wes Johnson
Wayne Ellington
Michael Beasley (Would need to be an upgrade on the wings)
Anthony Randolph
Anthony Tolliver (I'd prefer to keep him as well)
Darko Milicic
Nikola Pekovic
Brad Miller (I)
Martel Webster (I)

Notes: Love and Beasley (if he's kept) will be getting paydays next year (Love likely a max deal). Utah and Memphis picks could be available as well.
BringtheD
Sixth Man
And1: 121

Post#18 » by BringtheD » Tue Jan 3, 2012 5:22 pm

The Jazz need a new coach, so they lasso Van Gundy and we let him loose on gsw and Jackson. That will be fun.

1) Jazz need a real distributor at pg. Someone who plays defense, and can PASS, this is a person who knows how to get his teammates involved. He has at least a good clutch shot from the outside.
2) All star caliber players at every position.
3)Young prospects and future assets.

On the table:
Harris
Jefferson
Bell
Miles
2012 GSW #1

Available:
Millsap
Watson
Tinsley
Evans
Howard
Kembastockton
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 56

Post#19 » by Kembastockton » Tue Jan 3, 2012 7:52 pm

Bobcats needs

1. Prayer
2. Go to scorer
3. Draft Picks-
4. Long term 5
5. long term 3
6. Depth at the 2

Who's on the table

Boris- Expiring
Najera- Expiring
Both DJ's - Expiring
Portland's 13 pick

Who's untouchable

No one. Any Bobcat player can be had if the offer is right.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#20 » by NashtyNas » Tue Jan 3, 2012 8:35 pm

Suns pressing needs: a go to scorer, someone fearless to take the ball to the hoop and get to the line and always willing to take the last shot. Preferably a PF, but a wing will suffice depending on what is needed in return.

On the block: Frye, Lopez, Chill, Lawal, Telfair, Price

Don't wanna trade, but might for the right player/package: Dudley, Brown, Gortat, Nash

Pick is only available in a deal for a major upgrade unless there is protection involved.

Targets: Pau Gasol, Elton Brand + (Iggy/Young/Turner), Kevin Martin + Louis Scola, Josh Smith, Paul Millsap, Al Jefferson, Ellis, Tony Parker (would have to include a Nash trade), Rudy Gay, Beasley

If the Spurs are doing terrible and looking towards a rebuild, I'd be interested to see if Frye/Lopez/Warrick/rights to Aaron Brooks/1st/$3mil could get Parker off their hands.

Manu would announce retirement, Tim would retire after the season, Jefferson would get the amnesty.

Neal/Brooks
Suns 2012 1st/Green
Leonard/Warrick
Frye/Spurs 2012 1st
Lopez/Splitter

Suns get their finisher + PG to replace Nash and contend this season as well.

Nash/Parker
Brown/Parker
Dudley/Hill
Morris/Blair
Gortat/Lawal

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas

Return to Trades and Transactions