RGM's '11-'12 Top 25 Most Trade Value - results

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,662

RGM's '11-'12 Top 25 Most Trade Value - results 

Post#1 » by dockingsched » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:56 pm

RealGM's Top 25 Most Valuable Players:

1. Image 2. Image 3. Image 4. Image 5. Image
6. Image 7. Image 8. Image 9. Image 10. Image
11. Image 12. Image 13. Image 14. Image 15. Image
16. Image 17. Image 18. Image 19. Image 20. Image
21. Image 22. Image 23. Image 24. Image 25. Image

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to all of you that voted every day!

Feel free to discuss who you think got underrated, overrated, left out, increased/decreased their value since the poll started a month ago...
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Re: RGM's '11-'12 Top 25 Most Trade Value - results 

Post#2 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:11 pm

Kyrie Irving is a tad bit too high I still would take Bosh/Bynum/Harden/Rondo or even John Wall over him if I am picking in some sort of draft situation.

Still think Lowry should have got more love then he did or Josh Smith. Lowry is among the best defenders in the league esp at the PG spot and gives you a dirt cheap PG who gives you a very good stat line. Josh Smith is still youngish and has shown he can be a very good defensive (rebounds and shotblocking) player and give you scoring on the wing or in the post and some playmaking as well.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#3 » by RTM » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:21 pm

Given NBA economics, I have a hard time seeing how a guy like Bosh has more value than someone like Monroe or Harden, who are almost as good, and at a fraction of the price. But I don't see anything so unreasonable - granted, I didn't follow the process.
-Kees-
Lead Assistant
And1: 52

Post#4 » by -Kees- » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Not sure if I'm Portland I'd trade LMA for Paul (even if they didn't have Felton), just because of the big for small thing, and the fact that paul is on a shorter contract and has a bit more injury concern.

Also, I dont think Lakers trade Bynum for Monroe, I'd say that should be the other way (but with the new CBA, who knows)

Overall solid though.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,533

Post#5 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:33 am

I liked Wall a little earlier, but not dramatically much so.

I think Deron went too high considering he has his next location supposedly narrowed down significantly, no incentive not to opt out even if on his favorite team, and his alledged favorites (NJN/Dallas) will have plenty of cap space for him. If I'm the Lakers, I'm worried he's going to leave me, and if I'm Philly or Utah or ... I'm just assuming he's gone and the most your getting is an 18 million tpe when he's gone because he doesn't benefit any from your help on the way out with the new CBA. Maybe the elusive 5th year means more, but I'm taking Curry over him if I'm almost any team but NJ.

Will be interesting because Dwight is top 3 next year and Deron is borderline top 10 with new contracts.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,798

Post#6 » by floppymoose » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:45 am

#25 should be #11.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,533

Post#7 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:53 am

floppymoose wrote:#25 should be #11.

FWIW, Curry was out with his ankle injury at the time of voting, so it wasn't clear if he would have any persistent concerns from it. Although back healthy, I personally still don't think he has the value of a Westbrook signed for 5 years.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,798

Post#8 » by floppymoose » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:33 am

I can accept a debate on Westbrook v Curry. To me, Kobe v Curry is a no brainer.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#9 » by loserX » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:38 am

WIthout making too big a deal out of it for once :wink: I will repeat my belief that I think youth has been over-served. Perhaps I just feel this way because I am old :D

I do not believe for one moment that Durant (or anyone else) has more value than LeBron, and while Kevin Love indisputably belongs on this list I still don't think he has more trade value than a superstar.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#10 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:50 am

Bosh is way too low.

Wade maybe a little too high? Not sure.

Wall probably shouldn't even be on this list.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#11 » by princeofpalace » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:05 am

Kobe is too underrated IMO
Dwyane Rose
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Dwyane Rose » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:57 am

Lebron not being number one is ridiculous. Derrick Rose is too high. Dirk is too high. Melo too high. No Demarcus Cousins? I'm done with this terrible list.

Honestly contract length shouldn't be a factor. It's trade value, just because you have 1 year on your contract doesn't mean he's worth less than someone with more years.
fallacy
RealGM
And1: 607

Post#13 » by fallacy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:17 pm

What was the reasoning for Dirk over Westbrook? Last year doesn't factor into this, its only talking about trade value from this moment and on.

I don't see anything that could put Dirks value from the moment going forward higher than Westbrook. I'd like to hear someone's explanation for their vote
**** Ron Artest
**** Marco Belinelli
Stephen Jackson aint bout dis lyfe
Patrick Beverly deserves to have his knee ripped to pieces
Indy2thaWindy
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#14 » by Indy2thaWindy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Paul George should be on the list.

And if Derrick Rose is #3, then Russell Westbrook should be #4.

I'd take him over Dirk, Kobe, Melo, LMA, Love, and Griffin and probably over CP3 (knee and contract), Wade (age), Dwight (contract). He shouldn't be any lower than #7.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#15 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:53 am

fallacy wrote:What was the reasoning for Dirk over Westbrook? Last year doesn't factor into this, its only talking about trade value from this moment and on.

I don't see anything that could put Dirks value from the moment going forward higher than Westbrook. I'd like to hear someone's explanation for their vote

Really I think Westbrook is way too high looking at this again, should be directly flip flopped with Bosh.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#16 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:00 am

Indy2thaWindy wrote:Paul George should be on the list.

I'd take him over Dirk, Kobe, Melo, LMA, Love, and Griffin and probably over CP3 (knee and contract), Wade (age), Dwight (contract). He shouldn't be any lower than #7.

You're wildin' dude! :o

You're talking about a guy rocking like a 15PER who can't assert himself as more then a 5th option on that Pacers team.

I love Paul George and I think he has star potential and a likely case of one of the top 3 role players in the game, but A) right now he's not that and nothing in his stats or watching him leads to represent superstar talent, but, B) the guys you want to put him ahead of are superstars and stars and basically all franchise players who sell a ton of tickets and are locked up on long contracts or tied to RFA.

I'm not sure if you were just joking, but if not man you should temper your expectations, you're setting the kid up for perceived failure and yourself for a world of disappointment.
Alienware
Sixth Man
And1: 505

Post#17 » by Alienware » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:34 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Indy2thaWindy wrote:Paul George should be on the list.

You're wildin' dude! :o

You're talking about a guy rocking like a 15PER who can't assert himself as more then a 5th option on that Pacers team.

I love Paul George and I think he has star potential and a likely case of one of the top 3 role players in the game, but A) right now he's not that and nothing in his stats or watching him leads to represent superstar talent, but, B) the guys you want to put him ahead of are superstars and stars and basically all franchise players who sell a ton of tickets and are locked up on long contracts or tied to RFA.

I'm not sure if you were just joking, but if not man you should temper your expectations, you're setting the kid up for perceived failure and yourself for a world of disappointment.

I think he was talking about Westbrook in the second part of the message.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Post#18 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Monroe and Harden over Cousins. I guess I just don't get it. :dontknow:
fallacy
RealGM
And1: 607

Post#19 » by fallacy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:43 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
fallacy wrote:What was the reasoning for Dirk over Westbrook? Last year doesn't factor into this, its only talking about trade value from this moment and on.

Really I think Westbrook is way too high looking at this again, should be directly flip flopped with Bosh.

really? What from this moment on gives someone like Dirk more value than Westbrook?
**** Ron Artest
**** Marco Belinelli
Stephen Jackson aint bout dis lyfe
Patrick Beverly deserves to have his knee ripped to pieces
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#20 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:26 pm

floppymoose wrote:I can accept a debate on Westbrook v Curry. To me, Kobe v Curry is a no brainer.

Kobe is a machine the best 4th quarter finisher since Reggie Miller. I mean you need guys like Kobe to win championships his killer instinct is second to none in the NBA. I am a major Kobe hater but have to give the guy his dues. You take him off that Laker team and they are average if you put him on Minny, Cleveland or any other youngish team and they are 10x better then they are. I just can't see how Kobe even with his age and contract isn't a top 10-15 player still at worst.

princeofpalace wrote:Kobe is too underrated IMO

Yup agree 100000%
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry

Return to Trades and Transactions