Al Jefferson to every team in the league.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Re: Al Jefferson to every team in the league. 

Post#21 » by vege » Wed May 9, 2012 2:51 am

A+ for the effort even if I don't like the Detroit deal :)
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,800

Post#22 » by floppymoose » Wed May 9, 2012 5:55 am

As a GS fan, not really a fan of adding Al. And I'm not a fan of outgoing unprotected picks, especially in a draft (2013) where I know exactly who I want if I have the #1 pick. I'd rather just keep Beans and RJeff two more seasons and let them expire to clean up our cap situation.
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#23 » by don nelson » Wed May 9, 2012 6:11 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:
don nelson wrote:The Warriors have zero interest in waiving the protection on their 2012 lotto pick just to trade for the $15 million owed on Jefferson's contract for the $18 million owed on Biedrins' contract.

I think you neglect the value of the production of the players in your analysis.

With Lee and Bogut already manning the 4/5 spots, Al Jefferson's primary value to the Warriors will be his expiring contract but GSW isn't really looking for cap space next season. On the other hand you did not consider Golden State's efforts to tank this season away because the Warriors really wants to keep their 2012 lottery pick because of the level of talent available in this draft.

floppymoose wrote:As a GS fan, not really a fan of adding Al. And I'm not a fan of outgoing unprotected picks, especially in a draft (2013) where I know exactly who I want if I have the #1 pick. I'd rather just keep Beans and RJeff two more seasons and let them expire to clean up our cap situation.

floppy.

I am reading this trade to require the Warriors to drop the top 7 protection on their 2012 lottery pick. That means Utah immediately receives our pick after the Warriors blew off half the season tanking in an effort to keep their pick from being conveyed to the Jazz. That is absolutely DOA!
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#24 » by eathb_au » Wed May 9, 2012 6:40 am

Would you really do the Nuggets deal?

I'd even give up the first this year for it.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#25 » by jazzfan1971 » Wed May 9, 2012 6:55 am

eathb_au wrote:Would you really do the Nuggets deal?

I'd even give up the first this year for it.

Well, like I said before some teams aren't good trade partners, so I just tried to come up with the closest fit I could for each team.

Doesn't mean each trade is perfect by any means.

However, I don't mind the idea of Chandler, Mozgov, Brewer, and your 1st for Jefferson. Other Jazz fans might feel differently, but, I wouldn't have any heartache if that deal went down.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#26 » by Pacersike » Wed May 9, 2012 7:00 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:Al
for
Cap space
and
Bell
for
Collison
Pendergraph

Why for Utah: Salary dump and adds young PG.
Why for Indy: Jefferson makes their big rotation one of the best in the league, cost is only cap room and a PG who lost his job to Hill.

Pacers can still sign one of the upper class free agents with their cap room. They would never give that up for Jefferson.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#27 » by jazzfan1971 » Wed May 9, 2012 7:15 am

Who are the upper class free agents you can sign? I'm not very well versed in who's out there in free agency this year. Especially who is unrestricted, as those are generally the only upper class free agents that other teams have a shot at.

I know Deron Williams will be a free agent, but, beyond that I am not sure who's out there.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Hedda Gambler
Bench Warmer
And1: 387

Post#28 » by Hedda Gambler » Wed May 9, 2012 7:50 am

Big Al for Coach Pop would work for me.
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#29 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Wed May 9, 2012 8:12 am

Hornets don't really have a PF to compliment Jefferson unless they draft one. But I think the Hornets trade has positive value from the Hornets perspective.
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#30 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Wed May 9, 2012 8:15 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:Who are the upper class free agents you can sign? I'm not very well versed in who's out there in free agency this year. Especially who is unrestricted, as those are generally the only upper class free agents that other teams have a shot at.

I know Deron Williams will be a free agent, but, beyond that I am not sure who's out there.

Theres some good RFA's and maybe Gerald Wallace, Goran Dragic, but yea, this is a pretty weak FA offseason.

Jefferson just doesn't fit with Indiana's roster right now IMO, that's probably the main turn off.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#31 » by Pacersike » Wed May 9, 2012 8:48 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:Who are the upper class free agents you can sign? I'm not very well versed in who's out there in free agency this year. Especially who is unrestricted, as those are generally the only upper class free agents that other teams have a shot at.

If u can sign a player like Nash or Garnett for a couple more years, you have to try/do it.

And even if they fail to sign one of the big guns, there are still some quality players who could be signed much cheaper and for a longer period than Jefferson.
BLT
Junior
And1: 6

Post#32 » by BLT » Wed May 9, 2012 8:52 am

Okafor and Jack for Jefferson and a 1st? hornets say yes.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#33 » by AussieBuck » Wed May 9, 2012 10:15 am

Like most Bucks fans I imagine, I don't like it but would probably do it just to get rid of Gooden.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
WizardsWorld
Lead Assistant
And1: 236

Post#34 » by WizardsWorld » Wed May 9, 2012 11:54 am

I think Spurs are the best fit for Al Jeff.... They could give him an extension and start him at Center and be even more dangerous.

Al Jeff and Bell FOR SJax, Splitter, Joseph works in the checker...

C: Jefferson/Blair
PF: Duncan/Diaw/Bonner
SF: Leonard/Bell
SG: Manu/Green/Neal
PG: Parker/Mills
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#35 » by zapatasblood » Wed May 9, 2012 12:35 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:
Al
GS 1st
2013 Utah 1st (unprotected)
for
Kevin Martin
Kyle Lowry

Why for Utah: Nice lineup.
Why for Houston: 2 potential good picks plus Jefferson has got to be tempting, more value trade than fit, but, with Dragic and Lee ready to take over teh fit isn't bad either.

Rockets are opposed all things Jefferson but that might be enough to get them on board. Rockets would just need to trade Scola somewhere else because them to in the front court would be bad
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
jscott
Veteran
And1: 917

Post#36 » by jscott » Wed May 9, 2012 2:49 pm

Great post but the Wolves don't need Big Al back.

We already have Love at the 4 and PEK as our go-to low post scorer. He'd have no role. We need a defensive/athletic big and Al is neither of those things.

He certainly would be an upgrade to about 75% of the league though - just not back here in MN.
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#37 » by azuresou1 » Wed May 9, 2012 2:59 pm

A+ for the effort, but Atlanta declines.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#38 » by gswhoops » Wed May 9, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm pretty open to trading the pick for a vet, but AL isn't a good fit. One of Bogut, Lee, or Al would have to come off the bench and that's not a good use of resources.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#39 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 9, 2012 3:50 pm

Indy would kick the tires on Deron, as it would take some work to even make him an offer.

Otherwise, we'd make a big run at Steve Nash, and then kick the tires on Eric Gordon.

We would possibly consider a deal like this after free agency, if we strike out. However, including cap holds, we only have about $11 million in usable cap space immediately after the draft. To take on Al Jefferson, we would have to move $4 million. This deal would be tricky, as Darren Collison and Pendergraph would have to be moved in the separate deal for Al Jefferson, meaning we would not be able to take on Raja Bell (oh darn).

Either way, I can't imagine we'd have both Dahntay Jones and Raja Bell on the roster. I think we would either have to swap them, or not take on Raja Bell. Once again, all this also relying on the fact that we don't have any other better offers present themselves using our cap space.
humblebum
Banned User
And1: 1,755

Post#40 » by humblebum » Wed May 9, 2012 4:53 pm

Celtics probably do Jefferson for Pierce and a swap of picks in the 2012 draft. Like Bostons first and second rounders (#21 and #51) for the #11 pick.

Return to Trades and Transactions