Al Jefferson to every team in the league.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Re: Al Jefferson to every team in the league. 

Post#61 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu May 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Rockazoids wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:Mr S. who was the best FA TOR has sign anyway?

Now or in 2013? I would say this year it's Gorgan Dragic the guy is what Toronto needs a tough defensive PG who can guard SG's as well reminds me a bit of Kirk Hinrich's role. The other 2 guys I think that would be really good fits are Omar Asik and Courtney Lee. Asik is a good spot starter for Toronto to hold down the fort a bit until Jonas V shows that he's 100% NBA ready for big NBA mins. As I see it both would make a very good defensive C combo to have add in Bargs and 1 of Ed Davis and Amir (which ever one isn't moved) and that front court is pretty good. I like Lee's game as a SG/SF for us, the guy is a decent 3 point shooter, scorer and defender who I think would be a good guy to split the SG mins with DeRozan until DeRozan shows he can be a upper tier SG. There will be good secondary players that can help Toronto I just hope they don't go crazy and overpay for Nash just to say they sign him and have a Hakeem Olajuwon situation here again or overpay for a DJ Augustin

If your talking next year obviously Harden would be #1 on my list then I would take any of Lawson/Curry/Jrue/Jennings in that order as a PG.

No I'm asking who was the best FA that the signed? Olajuwon?

My bad, Hakeem's name is the best FA I think we signed but he was done when we signed him. I think the best talent was Hedo? I think the best impact player we signed was Anthony Parker + Jorge Garbojasa when we won our division both are not star players but they are good NBA players who can help a team win games.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,415

Post#62 » by Rapsfan07 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:15 pm

Bargs and Calderon for Harris and Jefferson is done deal for me.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#63 » by john2jer » Fri May 11, 2012 2:23 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:
john2jer wrote:I'll assume you included the Wolves because you had to and don't actually expect them to want Jefferson. Especially not at the cost of two first round picks and non-guaranteed contracts.

I tried to make that clear in my why for the wolves part.

Coming from you, it was clear, and well played. Sadly there are people who would have used that as a legit reason, or just said, "KAAAAHHHHHHHHNNNNNN!!!!!!!"
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,088

Post#64 » by jazzfan1971 » Fri May 11, 2012 2:31 pm

KAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, that's not a whole lot different than what Minny got for him when they traded him and he's healthier now and owed a lot less cash now. So, the value seems pretty good, but, there is still the whole can't play with Love thing.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#65 » by john2jer » Fri May 11, 2012 4:43 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:KAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, that's not a whole lot different than what Minny got for him when they traded him and he's healthier now and owed a lot less cash now. So, the value seems pretty good, but, there is still the whole can't play with Love thing.

Oh definitely, in a bubble, the value is good. But the Wolves would MUCH rather spend that value on an area of need. When considering fit and need, I'd rather have that Utah pick on it's own than Jefferson. Miller, Webster, and Ellington's contracts should be able to be used to upgrade the roster pretty significantly.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#66 » by qianlong » Sat May 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Would Utah really do the Bulls trade? I'm probably in a mminority but I would do that. However the two picks have to be rasonably protected.
I fell Al could be a second option on offense better than boozer
Ball don't lie
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,088

Post#67 » by jazzfan1971 » Sat May 12, 2012 3:54 pm

I'm not really sure the Jazz would want Boozer back. After all they did let him walk in favor of Jefferson once all ready. He's screw up our cap space next year and those two picks would be pretty bad ones.

Maybe if one was the charlotte pick though?
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
BringBackKorver
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#68 » by BringBackKorver » Sat May 12, 2012 4:20 pm

This should be a requirement in every "What can we get for X?" thread.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#69 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat May 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Nice thread. Nice effort, impressive. :D

Just breezing this over the one that caught me as a WTF though is the OKC one.

Harden is a monster, you're not getting him for Al and Burks.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#70 » by old rem » Sat May 12, 2012 8:32 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:
don nelson wrote:The Warriors have zero interest in waiving the protection on their 2012 lotto pick just to trade for the $15 million owed on Jefferson's contract for the $18 million owed on Biedrins' contract.

I think you neglect the value of the production of the players in your analysis.

Whatever.......GSW can't afford to have $30 mill a year spent on 2 PF's splitting the role when each has about the same strengths + weaknesses. Having their mitts on probably #7 lets GSW get the guy they WANT...and he will be pretty young,relatively cheap.

There's WAY too many Deals here to even THINK about each. Oddly, some strike me as WAY good for Utah..or damn poor.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#71 » by old rem » Sat May 12, 2012 8:38 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Nice thread. Nice effort, impressive. :D

Just breezing this over the one that caught me as a WTF though is the OKC one.

Harden is a monster, you're not getting him for Al and Burks.

While Harden seems to be getting over-rated lately...this one is dead in the water,with Al Jeff WAY large $ and probably not who OKC wants...at least not at this cost. Were it not for the $$...it's not as far off as many will think, but the $$ are substantial.
CENSORED... No comment.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#72 » by RTM » Sat May 12, 2012 10:51 pm

Remove Stuckey, Prince and Harris and it's a discussion from Detroit.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#73 » by Catchall » Sun May 13, 2012 1:09 am

Maritimer wrote:Jefferson and Harris for Calderon and Bargnani? Done.

Bargs had a decent year, no? Bargs is like a somewhat rich man's Mehmet Okur without the rebounding. But since the Jazz have Favors and Millsap to do that, the Jazz would probably go for Bargs.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#74 » by Catchall » Sun May 13, 2012 1:14 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:
eathb_au wrote:Would you really do the Nuggets deal?

I'd even give up the first this year for it.

Well, like I said before some teams aren't good trade partners, so I just tried to come up with the closest fit I could for each team.

Doesn't mean each trade is perfect by any means.

However, I don't mind the idea of Chandler, Mozgov, Brewer, and your 1st for Jefferson. Other Jazz fans might feel differently, but, I wouldn't have any heartache if that deal went down.

Not the greatest Al deal, but it depends on whether the Jazz think Corey Brewer has potential to continue developing. Wilson Chandler is a rotation player and Mozgov is an okay back-up.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Laowai
Analyst
And1: 26

Post#75 » by Laowai » Sun May 13, 2012 3:50 am

Catchall wrote:

Bargs had a decent year, no? Bargs is like a somewhat rich man's Mehmet Okur without the rebounding. But since the Jazz have Favors and Millsap to do that, the Jazz would probably go for Bargs.

Good deal but I think the Raptors would want a pick.
Canadian in China
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Post#76 » by parson » Sun May 13, 2012 3:58 am

Joe Johnson and Zaza Pachulia for Jefferson and Harris.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#77 » by BossHoggin » Sun May 13, 2012 4:44 am

Laowai wrote:
Catchall wrote:

Good deal but I think the Raptors would want a pick.

Jefferson & Harris & top 55 protected 2034 2nd for Calderon and Bargnani
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#78 » by DetroitDon15 » Fri May 18, 2012 6:14 am

just bad for Detroit. Take the Pick out we amenisty CV and you keep Harris and than we think about it

Return to Trades and Transactions