Team Needs: Post yours (And a look back at last year)

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,695

Re: Team Needs: Post yours (And a look back at last year) 

Post#21 » by gswhoops » Mon Aug 6, 2012 2:10 pm

I don't really see any glaring weaknesses for GS right now. We filled backup PG and got Landry to be our third big man. I guess we could use an upgrade at backup C since Ezeli is a rook and Biedrins forgot how to play basketball, but I don't really see us making a move on one right now.

What we really need more then anything is for Bogut and Curry to stay healthy.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#22 » by LApwnd » Mon Aug 6, 2012 9:44 pm

LaL current need- backup Guards, the current backups are either unproven or just proven to be garbage (blake)
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,984

Post#23 » by moocow007 » Tue Aug 7, 2012 3:16 pm

NY Knicks Needs -

For Jim Dolan to not be such a vindictive ass and Jeremy Lin back? :D

Seriously though, at this point, they could probably use a physical thug of a backup PF to create an offensive/defensive pairing with Stoudemire (Ivan Johnson would be ideal since he's younger and his legs have more spring to them but Kenyon Martin also would be good).
x-
Analyst
And1: 133

Post#24 » by x- » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Why isn't this stickied anymore? I found this to be a helpful thread for trade ideas.

Anyway, anybody need some young PFs or cheap young depth in general? :)
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,469

Post#25 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:55 pm

x- wrote:Why isn't this stickied anymore? I found this to be a helpful thread for trade ideas.

Anyway, anybody need some young PFs or cheap young depth in general? :)

Blame me, I got tired of it. Philly has been updated :)
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#26 » by winter_mute_13 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:31 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Indiana: Long term a starting Pg. Right now a Scoring Sg (off the bench). Backup Pf/Center role player rotation depth. Could be willing to part with a pick, and cap space.

Manhimi and Plumlee fill backuo bigs, and between Hill and Augustin might have a long term pg. Green for sg. Fit the holes well, but no clear homeruns.

Comments are fair. Not a very inspiring summer, but we did fill needs. On the plus side, we got younger and more athletic. On the minus, there's no clear improvement on paper. We're basically banking on continuity of the starters and the continued progression of Hibbert, Hill, and George to add to last year.

HartfordWhalers wrote:Philadelphia: Long term a starting Center. Right now a 4th bigman (backup) pf that can play/defend inside. Assumed to want to stay under the luxury tax which is 1 million away.

Stayed under the luxury tax.

I guess this was before the Bynum trade? :) I think the Sixers landed a homerun there, and now have a very intriguing lineup. Short-term, I think you guys will miss Iggy a lot, but I'd expect Turner to pick up the slack eventually.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,469

Post#27 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:52 pm

winter_mute_13 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:Indiana: Long term a starting Pg. Right now a Scoring Sg (off the bench). Backup Pf/Center role player rotation depth. Could be willing to part with a pick, and cap space.

Manhimi and Plumlee fill backuo bigs, and between Hill and Augustin might have a long term pg. Green for sg. Fit the holes well, but no clear homeruns.

Comments are fair. Not a very inspiring summer, but we did fill needs. On the plus side, we got younger and more athletic. On the minus, there's no clear improvement on paper. We're basically banking on continuity of the starters and the continued progression of Hibbert, Hill, and George to add to last year.

HartfordWhalers wrote:Philadelphia: Long term a starting Center. Right now a 4th bigman (backup) pf that can play/defend inside. Assumed to want to stay under the luxury tax which is 1 million away.

Stayed under the luxury tax.

I guess this was before the Bynum trade? :) I think the Sixers landed a homerun there, and now have a very intriguing lineup. Short-term, I think you guys will miss Iggy a lot, but I'd expect Turner to pick up the slack eventually.

Yes, before it when that was the best thing I could think to say about it.
Now? They got the number one need in a center and a player to build around. Short term, they need exactly what Iguodala was. And a proven pf option. Long term, if you figure its Jrue - Turner - Bynum then either Moultrie or Thad need to fill pf or to get it from somewhere else, and there is one swing spot to fill with limited picks.
DWCP2
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#28 » by DWCP2 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:07 am

Indiana's biggest need at the moment is a physical option at SF. Although they have depth behind Granger with George (210) and Green (200), they don't have a physical option amongst them, hence why they've been talking with players like Josh Howard, Anthony Tolliver, and Donta Greene in recent days.

They may also have to decide as the season goes along who is the future at PF with West set to be a free agent at season's end and plenty of options to replace him.
SlobbaN
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#29 » by SlobbaN » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Dallas
A back up C, athletic, defensive-minded, as young as possible. We have Wright, but he's not big enough to play C well. We have loads of PG SG, so a trade would be nice. Wright+Roddy+DoJo, good young package with some potential.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#30 » by Cigamodnalro » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:26 pm

Orlando

Draft picks
Losses
Luck
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
LoboGuerrero
Pro Prospect
And1: 54

Post#31 » by LoboGuerrero » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:54 am

I'll give my thoughts on Detroit.

A good end to the off-season for me would be this: 2 for 1 deal for a back-up vet PG. A true PG. Who could come in and do a decent job running the offense for 15 minutes per game, while mentoring Knight. The deal would also free up a roster spot for Ben Wallace to come back. He would be able to provide spot minutes off the bench, maybe 10 or 15 minutes, while mentoring the young guys in the frontcourt. Especially Drummond. Workout with them, work with them on defense, etc.

More long-term we need the young guys to develop. (Duh)

If Knight, Monroe and Drummond continue to develop, we'd be in good shape for at least 3 of the starting 5 (depending on how you feel about Stuckey). If English and Singler prove they can contribute something off the bench, then the team starts to shape up nicely. We'll see what Kravtsov
can do too.

We're still looking for our SF of the future though. I've lost faith in Daye, and have never had much in Singler. I see his best-case as being more suited to being a great back-up.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#32 » by djthesonicsfan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Devilanche wrote:OKC's as below

- get Ibaka more involved in the offense,Still need to give him more touches/shots
- figure out if Aldrich can play,Backup C is his to lose now with Nazr gone
- accelerate Jackson's development,Did ok at summer league, with full preseason we'll see. If he develops, Maynor would be movable.
- ask Perkins to play better instead of scowling & getting T'd up,Still need to play better and be healthier.
- pray Cook is making his 3s come playoff time & Now he needs to start figuring out how to make the lineup come playoff. With Maynor replacing Fisher minutes, his minutes should be continued to be squeezed.
- cornrow Harden's beard.Somebody need to be more consistent.

Biggest Issue is resigning of Harden/Ibaka and trying to figure out what we'll do with our C salary moving forward. Still same concern.

Now that Ibaka is signed our biggest need is to sign Harden. And I think he will be signed. Bennett didn't steal the team for his buddies to give him crap about it being lousy. He's staying top of the line all the way. Which, of course, is exactly the right thing to do. So he will get the great owner merit badge. But he's still an evil bastard.

The next level of need continues to be development. Both players and coaching staff. The team needs to find a way past the Heat for sure. And probably the Lakers too because they got a lot better. At least this next season. Maybe Chuck's right. Maybe Brooks needs to refine the offense to find a bit more inside scoring. Perhaps Ibaka will show why he's worth $12M? I think integrating Maynor back into the second unit can only help. But the youngsters need to make their statements. PJ3 has a real chance here. So does Aldrich. Jackson better know he needs to be bringing it every practice, even if he won't get much playing time. And Cook better know that kid Hollis Thompson can shoot the 3ball. I would not be surprised at all to see Cook traded. Thabeet? Orton? I'm wondering why.

As for Perkins, I think there's always a role for a super tough big on a team. Especially when he has such a big heart. I think Perk brings way more to the team than the stats show. I know that I have a minority opinion, but I don't think the notSonics have a chance getting past the Lakers without Perkins.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
s3antana5757
Junior
And1: 15

Post#33 » by s3antana5757 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:16 pm

LoboGuerrero wrote:I'll give my thoughts on Detroit.

A good end to the off-season for me would be this: 2 for 1 deal for a back-up vet PG. A true PG. Who could come in and do a decent job running the offense for 15 minutes per game, while mentoring Knight. The deal would also free up a roster spot for Ben Wallace to come back. He would be able to provide spot minutes off the bench, maybe 10 or 15 minutes, while mentoring the young guys in the frontcourt. Especially Drummond. Workout with them, work with them on defense, etc.

If Knight, Monroe and Drummond continue to develop, we'd be in good shape for at least 3 of the starting 5 (depending on how you feel about Stuckey). If English and Singler prove they can contribute something off the bench, then the team starts to shape up nicely. We'll see what Kravtsov
can do too.

We're still looking for our SF of the future though. I've lost faith in Daye, and have never had much in Singler. I see his best-case as being more suited to being a great back-up.

Lakers give you Duhon for your 2.
UN-Owen
Banned User
And1: 409

Post#34 » by UN-Owen » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Toronto's biggest need is a new GM
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#35 » by Hassassin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:20 pm

LoboGuerrero wrote:I'll give my thoughts on Detroit.

can do too.

Jose Calderon?
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#36 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:46 am

Calderon for Magette does make a bit of sense, and i think a lot more realistic than a lot of piston fans want to believe. The only issue i see with Calderon is his lack of commitment on the defensive end and detroits new culture of commitment to defense first.

Additionally it Joe D was interested in magette before so i think detroit will wait and see if he can contribute. i think joe d is happy with the current roster, but i can see daye going out
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#37 » by dangermouse » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:32 am

Washington: PG (a veteran backup for Wall, a stabilising force off the bench, knows how to run a team and who doesn't mind tutoring the youngsters a little), SF (starting calibre 3&D-type)

Our success this year rests on Wall making the jump and Beal being a starting quality 2 (which i think he will be easily).
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Post#38 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Sep 3, 2012 1:57 am

I proposed Calderon for Maggette many times. I know Maggette's not great and what not but neither is Calderon and I honestly can't see Calderon bringing in a positive asset on his own. DET needs a PG and TOR needs a SF. It just makes sense
Alienware
Sixth Man
And1: 505

Post#39 » by Alienware » Sun Sep 9, 2012 11:31 am

Lakers only need now is a backup PG that isn't unproven or utter ****.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#40 » by Prospect Dong » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:11 pm

More or less like last year Memphis' starting five is set, with the biggest room for upgrade being at sg. I think they roll the dice again with this lineup, and hope that better health/internal improvement make them legit contenders.

There's no money for any upgrades, so while a vet pg is probably a need (unless one of Wroten/Selby/Bayless really steps up) they're more likely to move a bench player for small savings - once Arthur gets healthy either he or Speights could probably be had for a worse, cheaper player. Money worries aside I don't mind a bench lineup of Bayless,Poindexter,Arthur,Speights and am pretty happy to stand pat while we see what works.
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors

Return to Trades and Transactions