Team Needs: Post yours (And a look back at last year)

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,078

Re: Team Needs: Post yours (And a look back at last year) 

Post#41 » by Dr Aki » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:52 am

lakers; we've filled SG depth question with meeks

needs:
1. backup PG is still a question
2. expirings, we have ~15.4 mil in 2 year contracts that we want to dump (MWP, blake, duhon) for expirings to seriously make a dent in that LT bill in 2013/14

concerning point 2, we'd do almost anything to get rid of those contracts, throw in any of the rooks or sophomores (djo, sacre, morris, goudelock, ebanks, clark), even jordan hill and his 6mil/2yr very reasonable contract
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#42 » by Jase » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:06 pm

Ayatollah wrote:Heat need depth on the frontcourt--> try to sign Kenyon Martin!!!

Chalmers/ Cole
Wade/ Allen/ Miller
Battier/ Lewis
James/ Haslem
Bosh/ Martin/ Anthony

This should be the upcoming Miami Heat depth chart imo...

Ha. Hardly. MIA could start James at PF. And Bosh and Haslem could get the "4" minutes behind him. You guys can't afford K-Mart (the player, not the store), and at best, he'd be a 3rd string PF. Maybe 4th. It's kind of pointless for you.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#43 » by Narf » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:49 am

In my opinion, Minnesota needs 1 thing and only 1 thing.

C- starter: Pekovic - Bench: Stiemsma
PF- starter: Love - Bench: Williams, Cunningham, Kirilenko
SF- starter: AK47 - Bench: Budinger, Williams, Cunningham
sg- ....Thats it. The Wolves need a healthy, competent starting sg. If Roy is healthy they are set. If Shved turns into a stud they are set. Otherwise starting shootinguard is their only hole.
Rubio, Ridnour, and Barea are more than competent at the pointguard spot.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#44 » by montestewart » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:04 pm

dangermouse wrote:Washington: PG (a veteran backup for Wall, a stabilising force off the bench, knows how to run a team and who doesn't mind tutoring the youngsters a little)

And, uh, could maybe start in a pinch.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,485

Post#45 » by HornetJail » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:56 pm

Narf wrote:In my opinion, Minnesota needs 1 thing and only 1 thing.

C- starter: Pekovic - Bench: Stiemsma
PF- starter: Love - Bench: Williams, Cunningham, Kirilenko
SF- starter: AK47 - Bench: Budinger, Williams, Cunningham
sg- ....Thats it. The Wolves need a healthy, competent starting sg. If Roy is healthy they are set. If Shved turns into a stud they are set. Otherwise starting shootinguard is their only hole.
Rubio, Ridnour, and Barea are more than competent at the pointguard spot.

You guys need a backup C. Stiemsma is good for a few minutes a game, but if Pekovic gets hurt you guys need a guy who is capable of playing 20 minutes without fouling out.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach
And1: 51

Post#46 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Sat Oct 6, 2012 6:34 am

Lakers need a backup SF that can shoot the 3...Ebanks is good but he's really a 1 dimensional defender. A guy like Pietrus would be perfect because he can strecth the floor and play average defense

JR : Next Gen
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#47 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:31 am

GhostX wrote:Lakers need a backup SF that can shoot the 3...Ebanks is good but he's really a 1 dimensional defender. A guy like Pietrus would be perfect because he can strecth the floor and play average defense

Daye for Blake?
RoyalWun
Lead Assistant
And1: 471

Post#48 » by RoyalWun » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Let's see:

PG: Damian Lillard / Nolan Smith / Ronnie Price

Lillard seems like the real deal. Smith not so much. Still needs a lot of development. Price is ok for what he is: a reserve backup PG. What we really need is a vet PG who can run a team so we wouldn't rely too much on Lillard and to challenge him for that starting spot so he won't get too comfortable.

SG: Wesley Matthews / Will Barton / (Elliot Williams)

Matthews and his contract are great to have. Williams is always hurt ad doubt his body can handle playing in the NBA on a nightly basis. Barton needs to gain weight and still has a lot of growing to do. We need either a legit number 1 option or a hella good sixth man.

SF: Nicolas Batum / Luke Babbitt / Victor Claver

No telling if Batum is worth the contract he was given just yet. He needs to show a lot to warrant it. Babbitt is hot garbage against actual NBA talent, he needs to go. No telling what Claver brings to the table just yet. What I wouldn't mind at this position is a tall and another defensive minded player.

PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / JJ Hickson / Jared Jeffries

LMA is a top 5 PF (can make an argument for number 2/3). Is fine with our rebuild/retool. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. Hickson, although starting at the moment, could make a great big we need off the bench. Jeffries is a solid vet reserve. The only thing I could think of is a stretch 4 that can hit and make 3's but otherwise wouldn't change anything.

C: Meyers Leonard / Joel Freeland

Meyers has a lot of growing but could very well be our starting C if all goes well with him. Freeland also as a lot to show and could be our "Nick Collison" type of player. What I would like to have at this position is a defensive anchor and rebounds well whether starting or off the bench.
Dammit...:

I've got Nurkic fever now.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,514

Post#49 » by Devilanche » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:14 pm

Devilanche wrote:OKC's as below

- get Ibaka more involved in the offense,Still need to give him more touches/shots,
- figure out if Aldrich can play,Backup C is his to lose now with Nazr gone. Thabeet is our backup C.
- accelerate Jackson's development,Did ok at summer league, with full preseason we'll see. If he develops, Maynor would be movable.With Harden gone, either Jackson ballhandling improve real fast of he'll see the bench.
- ask Perkins to play better instead of scowling & getting T'd up,Still need to play better and be healthier.
- pray Cook is making his 3s come playoff time & Now he needs to start figuring out how to make the lineup come playoff. With Maynor replacing Fisher minutes, his minutes should be continued to be squeezed.Moved to Houston so seemed like PJIII has beaten him for the 10th/11th man slot.
- cornrow Harden's beard.Somebody need to be more consistent.He could go hairless now. Won't matter anymore

Biggest Issue is resigning of Harden/Ibaka and trying to figure out what we'll do with our C salary moving forward. Still same concern.

Resigned Ibaka for slighly higher, Offered Harden a good deal and without an agreement in sight, Presti moved him for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and picks. Presti like Picks

Depth Chart
PG: Westbrook/Maynor/Jackson
SG: Thabo/Martin/Lamb
SF: Durant/PJIII/Deandre Liggins
PF: Ibaka/Collison
C: Perkins/Thabeet

Lamb will probably be seeing the Dleague for a bit so he could get to know our sets for abit. Would be interesting to see what happen in the regular season once Thabo/Martin is injured. Deandre Liggins will probably play in place of Thabo while Lamb should get the chance when Martin is out.

Brooks like smallball so we can see Westbrook at SG, Thabo/Martin at SF, Durant/PJII at PF , Ibaka/Collison at C and Perkins on the bench. Nothing to not like with that idea though not for the whole game.

Positional needs seems to be a 5th big to be in suit. Will probably look to sign whoever left in FA or those released before playoffs. Can only see Martin being moved at the deadline if a big Presti like is available and Lamb has shown he is ready. Jackson could be moved if Maynor show he is back.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,209

Post#50 » by vege » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Detroit needs rebounding, perimeter defense, 3 point shooting and a go to score.

Funny thing is, Drummond has a 18.1 which is pretty solid but he's only playing 16 mpg.

English is a solid perimeter defender and an excellent 3 point shooter but he's only playing 13 mpg.

So what Detroit really need is a volume scorer and a new head coach. Again.

Depth Chart for the future:

Drummond / Monroe
Monroe / Jonas
/ Singler
English / Stuckey
Knight / Stuckey
Mascot
Lead Assistant
And1: 972

Post#51 » by Mascot » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:39 am

Toronto still needs a SF
Still needs to trade Calderon
Still needs to trade Bargnani

and this will probably never change while we still have Bryan Colangelo so we need him gone as well.
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#52 » by zapatasblood » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Rockets needs a post scorer, 3 point shooters, and a back up PG or combo guard
Also To rid themselves of Douglas, and Deflino
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#53 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:26 am

Bucks:

Addressed their needs better then almost any other team except the Clipper and Warriors.

Warriors depth is phenomenal. In the last year they have a perfect young roster imo. Too bad Rush and Bogut are hurt though.

They covered every need they had in the West and the Bucks and Nets in the East.

Bucks still need that SG/F with size that they could have had if they had sense enough to bring in Josh Howard of make a move for a guy like Marshon Brooks or Alec Burks.

But their young 'bigs' are coming around. Get a 6'6 SG with some length and Star potential and its a wrap...they can be back on the winning track soon.
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,946

Post#54 » by Drax » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:36 pm

Boston Celtics Depth Chart:

PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Avery Bradley / Jason Terry / Courtney Lee / Leandro Barbosa
SF: Paul Pierce / Jeff Green
PF: Brandon Bass / Jared Sullinger
C: Kevin Garnett / Chris Wilcox / Jason Collins / (*Fab Melo)

*assigned to the Maine Red Claws

Needs:
- defensive minded back up PF/C
*optional:
- (veteran point guard)
- (depending on trades a back up/prospect SF)

non tradable: Rajon Rondo, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, (my personal opinion Avery Bradley)
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,824

Post#55 » by shrink » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:42 pm

I thought I should provide an update for MIN, since there has been some changes. Right now, MIN doesn't have as much financial incentive to get an expiring to have the money for 2013 to sign Pek and Buddinger, afford their 1st, and be able to offer a full MLE. Now we know that Roy will probably not be here, and they can get out of Steimsma and Cunningham's deals if they really need the cash. Since Adelman, Kahn, and Love really want to make the play-offs this year, I don't think you'll see a downgrade in talent for financial reasons.

MIN NEEDS:
1. Starting SG - desperately
2. Back-up C - somewhat

MIN CAN TRADE:
1. Barea
2. Ridnour
3. Derrick Williams
4. Roy's "expiring" .. may be partially covered by insurance
5. $3 mil cash .. Glen Taylor has always been willing to pay if he wants to win.
6. Better of 2013 MEM 1st or 2013 MIN 1st (lottery protected).
7. Salary Filler .. Lou Amundson (vet min), Josh Howard (vet min), Steimsma for a center - only available Dec 15th. Malcolm Lee in a deal for a SG.

Rubio/Ridnour/Barea
Lee/Shved/Howard/(Roy)/(Buddinger)
Kirilenko/Williams
Love/Cunningham/Amundson
Pekovic/Steimsma

EDIT: The tremendous progress of Shved has put Wolves fans in two camps over SG. Some think we should just start Shved, while others think we should bring him off the bench in a Manu-type role.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,020

Post#56 » by Revived » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:12 am

Suns need a young SG with potential.

Suns can offer Jared Dudley who is a SF and a good 3pt shooter when used as a SF. Also on a good contract.
humblebum
Banned User
And1: 1,755

Post#57 » by humblebum » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:30 pm

I am there with Drax's view on the Celtics. Small quibbles, I see Bradley as the starting SG and the primary backup PG. I'd also add in Jeff Green as an untradable, temporarily at least until he has a season under his belt to reestablish his trade value.

The potential moving parts IMO are Lee/Bass and future picks to acquire that defensive minded (or strong rebounder) PF-C.
BlackIce
Head Coach
And1: 901

Post#58 » by BlackIce » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:08 am

TOR needs NBA talent.
Bee-Fense
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#59 » by Bee-Fense » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:30 am

Hornets do not need an extra big man. They are set at PF/C.

Starting SG is not a need for now either with Gordon back and playing well.

Starting PG needed. Vasquez will be good backup, but not starter quality. Need someone that is a solid defender, can spot up, and only has to be an okay ball handler. Whoever it is will share duties with Gordon as the primary ball handlers.

Biggest need is at both starting and back up SF. Someone that can defend in the halfcourt game and in transition and hit open 3's is preferable.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#60 » by Narf » Sun Jan 6, 2013 2:59 pm

I have a rather contradictory opinion of the Wolves needs. Mostly we need to be healthy and grow as a team. If we were healthy, our needs would not be SG as we have 2 solid, young, improving SGs already. IMO our biggest team need is backup C and backup SF is a distant 2nd when healthy. Budinger, Love, and Rubio look to be healthy by the end of the year so I think our best bet is to upgrade Stiemsma and resign Bud and Pek if we can in the offseason.

PG- Rubio/Barea/Ridnour
SG- Shved/Budinger/M. Lee
SF- Kirilenko/Budinger (Williams/Cunningham can play SF but are better at PF)
PF- Love/Williams/Cunningham
C- Pekovic/Stiemsma/Amundson

The players in red are players who are ideal to upgrade. I'm not listing Roy, as I think he's done, but ideally he'd fill in the role of backup G/F along with Budinger off the bench. IMHO Shved and Budinger look awful nice as a SG combo. Since Shved is capable of playing the 3rd PG role, I would trade Ridnour if possible for a comparable backup SF or Ridnour/Stiemsma for an upgrade at C.

Return to Trades and Transactions