The Pau Gasol Pickle

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

darthkiller
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#61 » by darthkiller » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:39 am

nevetsov wrote:No love for a Pau+Artest for Pierce+Green trade?

Nash pushing the ball with Kobe and Pierce on the wings would be killer, with Jeff Green as a stretch PF next to Dwight.

Rondo/ Bradley/ Artest/ Garnett/ Gasol is pretty badass as well. That's a tough defensive team.

why would the lakers want to give boston their 18th championship.

gasol>pierce
mwp>green
magic wand time
Junior
And1: 6

Post#62 » by magic wand time » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:53 pm

rugby-hook wrote:Couple of points:

1. The trade kicker issue is irrelevant. He is at max salary and the kicker is nullifed by the CBA.
2. The Olympics proved what Gasol can do in a different system. If everyone is going to harp on the playoffs, then you need to include the Olympics as an offset based on system.
3. Still think the best approach is to extend him. It is a tradeoff between an extra year and current dollars. 4.44 may be light, but if a limited trade clause is included, Gasol may bite. Up the dalary to 4/48 with the first year at $11mm and there may be a deal. Using the extension route to fight the LT is probably the best approach for LA to re-sign Howard and keep winning.

Points 1 & 2 are spot on.
I wouldnt do 3 though or even consider it until next summer. Need to see how everything works first. And need to consider the Kobe issue - is he truly done after year 2? No reason to hijack the reload with a tied up Pau..
milesfides wrote:If I were management and I saw one of my players crying, tweeting, and listening to Drake, I would punch him in the face.

Stern's Legacy in two words: BASKETBALL REASONS {the NBA's future instantly changed}
skorff26
Analyst
And1: 17

Post#63 » by skorff26 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:08 pm

Maybe something around Pau for Brooks Lopez... Lopez I think would look really well at the 4 with Dwight, he's younger and cheaper then Pau as well. Plus I think Pau would do better in Brooklyn then Brooks.

Or if they want to take a risk maybe something with Houston like Parsons, Martin, Motiejunas. Not sure if Houston would be willing but Parsons > MWP and he'd look good, and I think Motiejunas would look nice next to Dwight and could split time with Jamison
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#64 » by LApwnd » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:27 pm

skorff26 wrote:Maybe something around Pau for Brooks Lopez... Lopez I think would look really well at the 4 with Dwight, he's younger and cheaper then Pau as well. Plus I think Pau would do better in Brooklyn then Brooks.

Or if they want to take a risk maybe something with Houston like Parsons, Martin, Motiejunas. Not sure if Houston would be willing but Parsons > MWP and he'd look good, and I think Motiejunas would look nice next to Dwight and could split time with Jamison

Lopez isn't a 4 and Pau passing ability is really underrated here. Of Course Pau would do better then Brooks in Bk cause he would have the paint to himself unlike here. But he still a better fit in LA then Lopez IMO, forcing Lopez to play the 4 would be worse then playing Pau at the 4, Lopez does not have the attributes to play the 4 like Pau does. Hou is a better option and If it had to happen I take a package of Patterson, Mot, future 1st. Hou can keep Parson, I doubt he does any better defending opposing big 3 as well as Artest can and he's quite a streaky shooter as well.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Post#65 » by inquisitive » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Houston's interest in Pau has sailed long ago!
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach
And1: 51

Post#66 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Something around Gasol for Millsap and that GSW 1st i might bite

JR : Next Gen
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#67 » by Mr. E » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:10 pm

LApwnd wrote:Hou is a better option and If it had to happen I take a package of Patterson, Mot, future 1st. Hou can keep Parson, I doubt he does any better defending opposing big 3 as well as Artest can and he's quite a streaky shooter as well.

I'd say that the chances of Houston being interested in something like that would be in the neighborhood of less than zero.

No idea why Houston would even come up in a Pau conversation at this point. It does not make sense of any level at all. Why, with the team currently constructed as it is, would they give up a package like you suggest? There is absolutely no logical reason for something like this.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#68 » by LApwnd » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:22 pm

Mr. E wrote:
LApwnd wrote:Hou is a better option and If it had to happen I take a package of Patterson, Mot, future 1st. Hou can keep Parson, I doubt he does any better defending opposing big 3 as well as Artest can and he's quite a streaky shooter as well.

I'd say that the chances of Houston being interested in something like that would be in the neighborhood of less than zero.

No idea why Houston would even come up in a Pau conversation at this point. It does not make sense of any level at all. Why, with the team currently constructed as it is, would they give up a package like you suggest? There is absolutely no logical reason for something like this.

I dont know why Hou would do it, just like I have no idea why Morey did some of the things he did either this past off season. He certainly on the HOT seat if I were the owner of the team, all his move have resulted in nothing more then quantity.
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach

Post#69 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:42 am

I dont want to trade Pau tbh...however i would do this

HOU Gets: Gasol

POR Gets: P.Patterson, K.Martin(exp), TOR 1st,choice of either T.Jones or J.Lamb

LAL Gets: L.Aldridge

Aldridge has probly seen enough ..the implosion of their core of Roy and Oden...then the dysfunction of Jamal and Felton last year not making the playoffs and now having to re-build all over ..i can see something brewing there

lin gets his big to work with ala Francis and Yao ming

Lakers imo upgrade (arguable) and shed some salary upfront but not int he longterm

Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,271

Post#70 » by Dr Aki » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:13 am

GhostX wrote:I dont want to trade Pau tbh...however i would do this

POR Gets: P.Patterson, K.Martin(exp), TOR 1st,choice of either T.Jones or J.Lamb

Aldridge has probly seen enough ..the implosion of their core of Roy and Oden...then the dysfunction of Jamal and Felton last year not making the playoffs and now having to re-build all over ..i can see something brewing there

Lakers imo upgrade (arguable) and shed some salary upfront but not int he longterm

not quite sure how portland would enjoy seeing LMA in a lakers jersey
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#71 » by Mr. E » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:43 am

Come on, GhostX - you have to know that is a horrible trade for Houston and an absolute gift for the Lakers! :lol:
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#72 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:59 am

Works if your goal is to completely bend Portland over.
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 164

Post#73 » by Hoops Addict » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:50 pm

Nobody takes him...unless they return high priced lesser players.

Suprise- Lakers AMNESTY him to save a fortune.
Money23
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#74 » by Money23 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:18 pm

scary thing about is LMA may demand a trade and that Hou package is a good haul for him this could really happen
Myst
Junior
And1: 1

Post#75 » by Myst » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:30 pm

Money23 wrote:

scary thing about is LMA may demand a trade and that Hou package is a good haul for him this could really happen

OneWhoKnocks wrote:Any ridiculous trade scenario made up by a Laker fan may be one-upped by Mitch Kupchak in actuality. It's pretty scary.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,521

Post#76 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Oct 1, 2012 12:05 am

Money23 wrote:

But why would Houston flip LMA for Gasol then?
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,271

Post#77 » by Dr Aki » Mon Oct 1, 2012 1:34 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Money23 wrote:

But why would Houston flip LMA for Gasol then?

why were houston willing to play facilitator for dwight? (and land bynum in the process)

because LMA demands a trade to LA?

that's assuming quite a few things though
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach

Post#78 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Mon Oct 1, 2012 6:48 am

Yeah this is only assuming he pulls a Carmello/Dwight and demands a trade (which i doubt he does because he seems like a loyal dude) .

Myst
Junior

Post#79 » by Myst » Mon Oct 1, 2012 2:12 pm

GhostX wrote:Yeah this is only assuming he pulls a Carmello/Dwight and demands a trade (which i doubt he does because he seems like a loyal dude) .

wasnt there rumblings of his growing tired of the blazers and if they cant compete this year he might be asking for a trade soon?
OneWhoKnocks wrote:Any ridiculous trade scenario made up by a Laker fan may be one-upped by Mitch Kupchak in actuality. It's pretty scary.
Tommy Sneakers
Rookie

Post#80 » by Tommy Sneakers » Mon Oct 1, 2012 6:39 pm

Myst wrote:
GhostX wrote:Yeah this is only assuming he pulls a Carmello/Dwight and demands a trade (which i doubt he does because he seems like a loyal dude) .

wasnt there rumblings of his growing tired of the blazers and if they cant compete this year he might be asking for a trade soon?

There were rumblings, but it was a single report from an anonymous source. Everything that has come from Aldridge himself has been a completely different tone. He likes the rookies and has said he is fine with playing through a rebuild. His statements may or may not be genuine, but it doesn't really matter. He has 3 years left on his contract. If he demands a trade, he would have no leverage to choose his destination.

Return to Trades and Transactions