The Pau Gasol Pickle

Moderators: loserX, Texas Chuck, Smitty731, jazzfan1971, Trader_Joe, HartfordWhalers, moocow007, bondom34

shrink
RealGM
Posts: 34,561
And1: 381
Joined: Sep 26, 2005

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#316 » by shrink » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:22 pm

schaffy wrote:
Foshan wrote:I think MIN fans are still dreaming if they think DWill has positive value...

DWill is a bench scrub


If D-Will is such a bench scrub and has no positive value, why not leave him out of your trade? I mean, what team would volunteer to take on a guy who has no positive value? Just leave him with Minnesota if that is how you really feel about him and match salaries with some other players.


If MIN thinks he has more value than an expiring and you do not, the answer is simple: just substitute Steimsma in as salary filler.

MIN will happily trade Williams elsewhere, in some of the other deals posters make to get him. In most Gasol deals, a starting SG is still left as a hole, for the luxury of having Gasol come off the bench behind Pek.
User avatar
spree8
Head Coach
Posts: 6,321
And1: 656
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#317 » by spree8 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:27 pm

GhostX wrote:Probly the most likely packages being offered from teams with interest ...



MIN- Pek, Williams, Broys EXP, Barea

TOR- Bargs, Jose (maybe Ross)

BOS- Green, Bass, filler

MIA- Basically their whole bench including Chalmers


Mitch would never let Miami have Gasol....that's just crazy.
BAT: Legends


PG: Mark Price | Kyle Lowry
SG: Tracy McGrady* | Dan Majerle | Jet
SF: Jimmy Butler | Luol Deng
PF: Draymond Green | Kenyon Martin | DLee
:C: Dwight Howard* | Vlade Divac


sim: The Bada Bings
User avatar
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,074
And1: 51
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
         

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#318 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:59 am

LA Gets: Nene, Ariza, DWill, JCrawford

WAS Gets: Pekovic, Roys EXP, Barea, Blake

MIN Gets: Gasol
Image

JR : Next Gen
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 10,567
And1: 1,907
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#319 » by Mattya » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:08 am

Take out Pekovic.
Cashin out
Banned User
Posts: 1,456
And1: 12
Joined: Nov 12, 2012

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#320 » by Cashin out » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:44 am

Mattya wrote:Take out Pekovic.

So Minny gets Gasol for peanuts?

Dwill/Barea/Roy is not enough to get Pau Gasol.
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 10,567
And1: 1,907
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#321 » by Mattya » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:08 am

Cashin out wrote:
Mattya wrote:Take out Pekovic.

So Minny gets Gasol for peanuts?

Dwill/Barea/Roy is not enough to get Pau Gasol.

Pau Gasol at 20 mil, with bad knees. Yea I'm not giving more than peanuts.

Gasol isn't even worth Pekovic alone.
Cashin out
Banned User
Posts: 1,456
And1: 12
Joined: Nov 12, 2012

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#322 » by Cashin out » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:24 am

Mattya wrote:
Cashin out wrote:
Mattya wrote:Take out Pekovic.

So Minny gets Gasol for peanuts?

Dwill/Barea/Roy is not enough to get Pau Gasol.

Pau Gasol at 20 mil, with bad knees. Yea I'm not giving more than peanuts.

Gasol isn't even worth Pekovic alone.

lol Pekovic is nothing special your gm wanted to trade him and Dwill for Pau and the Lakers turned them down.

Pau has won championships Dwill looks like a draft bust and Pekovik is a ok center but he is a stiff on defense.

Pau>Dwill/Pekovic
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 10,567
And1: 1,907
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#323 » by Mattya » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:58 am

:lol: No. Pekovic is not a stiff on defense. Keep on making assumptions.

False report from LA followed by the sheep.
User avatar
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks
Senior Mod - Mavericks
Posts: 29,960
And1: 12,803
Joined: May 19, 2012
         

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#324 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:41 pm

A healthy and motivated Gasol is certainly a better player than Pek. But we dont know how healthy he is, Minny would be taking a serious risk on how happy Gasol would be in Minny--newsflash all Spaniards arent automatically BFFs, and then there is the whole issue of their respective contracts/ages. I can appreciate Minny passing on Gasol for Pek+. Too much risk for too little gain for them imo.
Karl Weick wrote:Argue like you're right and listen like you're wrong.
User avatar
jscott
Rookie
Posts: 1,186
And1: 55
Joined: Oct 14, 2004

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#325 » by jscott » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Cashin out wrote:
Mattya wrote:
Cashin out wrote:So Minny gets Gasol for peanuts?

Dwill/Barea/Roy is not enough to get Pau Gasol.

Pau Gasol at 20 mil, with bad knees. Yea I'm not giving more than peanuts.

Gasol isn't even worth Pekovic alone.

lol Pekovic is nothing special your gm wanted to trade him and Dwill for Pau and the Lakers turned them down.

Pau has won championships Dwill looks like a draft bust and Pekovik is a ok center but he is a stiff on defense.

Pau>Dwill/Pekovic

You're delusional.

Gasol doesn't have anywhere near that kind of value. A guy making 40 million over the next 2 (at 60% w/ bad knees and poor play) isn't considered an asset.

The Mark Stein report of Pek/Williams for Pau didn't happen. Just poor reporting and a desperate fanbase looking for a solution.
User avatar
warren weel im
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,970
And1: 79
Joined: May 11, 2007
 

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#326 » by warren weel im » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:58 pm

GhostX wrote:LA Gets: Nene, Ariza, DWill, JCrawford

WAS Gets: Pekovic, Roys EXP, Barea, Blake

MIN Gets: Gasol


Your sending us the worst versions of "DWill" and "JCrawford" ... if only that meant Deron and Jamal.
Image
User avatar
andyhop
Starter
Posts: 2,171
And1: 422
Joined: May 08, 2007
   

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#327 » by andyhop » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:08 pm

warren weel im wrote:
GhostX wrote:LA Gets: Nene, Ariza, DWill, JCrawford

WAS Gets: Pekovic, Roys EXP, Barea, Blake

MIN Gets: Gasol


Your sending us the worst versions of "DWill" and "JCrawford" ... if only that meant Deron and Jamal.


Well the Wolves are getting the worst version of Gasol so its only fair
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
DanTown8587
RealGM
Posts: 31,911
And1: 4,977
Joined: Jan 06, 2008
Location: Chicago
     

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#328 » by DanTown8587 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Udrih, Dalembert and Illasoyva for Gasol, Clark, Morris?

LA
Nash/Udrih
Bryant
World Peace/Meeks
Illasoyva/Hill
Howard/Dalembert


Milwaukee
Jennings
Ellis
LRAM/Harris
Gasol/Gooden
Sanders
JB2
Pro Prospect
Posts: 932
And1: 305
Joined: Mar 10, 2009

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#329 » by JB2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:41 pm

Minny: Gasol
Portland: D Will, Pek, Ridnour
LA: Batum


Does Portland want to save some $$ and get a legit center? Do they think D Will can turn into what Batum is?
Does Minny pay that price to get Gasol/Love/Ak/Rubio. I'd think so. That's an insane lineup if Pau comes back to form.
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 10,567
And1: 1,907
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#330 » by Mattya » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:44 pm

JB2 wrote:Minny: Gasol
Portland: D Will, Pek, Ridnour
LA: Batum


Does Portland want to save some $$ and get a legit center? Do they think D Will can turn into what Batum is?
Does Minny pay that price to get Gasol/Love/Ak/Rubio. I'd think so. That's an insane lineup if Pau comes back to form.


If is a big word. Especially when that if comes with a 19 million dollar contract.
User avatar
jazzfan1971
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 33,712
And1: 1,647
Joined: Jul 16, 2001
Location: Salt Lake City

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#331 » by jazzfan1971 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:55 pm

andyhop wrote:
warren weel im wrote:
GhostX wrote:LA Gets: Nene, Ariza, DWill, JCrawford

WAS Gets: Pekovic, Roys EXP, Barea, Blake

MIN Gets: Gasol


Your sending us the worst versions of "DWill" and "JCrawford" ... if only that meant Deron and Jamal.


Well the Wolves are getting the worst version of Gasol so its only fair


Post of the week.
User avatar
AQuintus
RealGM
Posts: 10,425
And1: 2,451
Joined: Jan 10, 2008
Location: But let me speak for the weak, I mean the rookies
   

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#332 » by AQuintus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Cashin out wrote:lol Pekovic is nothing special your gm wanted to trade him and Dwill for Pau and the Lakers turned them down.


Image
User avatar
torotoe
Rookie
Posts: 1,092
And1: 47
Joined: Oct 08, 2012
Location: South Park, CO

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#333 » by torotoe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:40 am

Chandler, brewer, mozgov, koufos for gasol, cheapest contracts on la.

Improved starting lineup and bench for la. Chandler at the 4 is a better fit than Pau. Brewer would be 6th man. Mozgov, Koufos and Hill would all battle for minutes. Chandler had his best days with D'antoni.

Denver gets Pau for bench players because of the money, and the fact that Pau has regressed. Now that it's the 15th, this trade is possible.
User avatar
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,074
And1: 51
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
         

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#334 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:22 pm

torotoe wrote:Chandler, brewer, mozgov, koufos for gasol, cheapest contracts on la.

Improved starting lineup and bench for la. Chandler at the 4 is a better fit than Pau. Brewer would be 6th man. Mozgov, Koufos and Hill would all battle for minutes. Chandler had his best days with D'antoni.

Denver gets Pau for bench players because of the money, and the fact that Pau has regressed. Now that it's the 15th, this trade is possible.

Would prefer the Minnesota offer. Any Denver deal has to start with Gallo or we aint listening
Image

JR : Next Gen
User avatar
torotoe
Rookie
Posts: 1,092
And1: 47
Joined: Oct 08, 2012
Location: South Park, CO

Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle 

Post#335 » by torotoe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:23 pm

GhostX wrote:
torotoe wrote:Chandler, brewer, mozgov, koufos for gasol, cheapest contracts on la.

Improved starting lineup and bench for la. Chandler at the 4 is a better fit than Pau. Brewer would be 6th man. Mozgov, Koufos and Hill would all battle for minutes. Chandler had his best days with D'antoni.

Denver gets Pau for bench players because of the money, and the fact that Pau has regressed. Now that it's the 15th, this trade is possible.

Would prefer the Minnesota offer. Any Denver deal has to start with Gallo or we aint listening


Then it's a mutual feeling. Not a chance Denver trades Gallo for Gasol.

Return to Trades and Transactions