yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

The Pau Gasol Pickle

Moderators: Chuck Texas, jazzfan1971, Trader_Joe, HartfordWhalers, moocow007, loserX

Post#331 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:55 pm by jazzfan1971

andyhop wrote:
warren weel im wrote:
GhostX wrote:LA Gets: Nene, Ariza, DWill, JCrawford

WAS Gets: Pekovic, Roys EXP, Barea, Blake

MIN Gets: Gasol

Your sending us the worst versions of "DWill" and "JCrawford" ... if only that meant Deron and Jamal.

Well the Wolves are getting the worst version of Gasol so its only fair

Post of the week.
jazzfan1971
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 558

Post#332 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:46 pm by AQuintus

Cashin out wrote:lol Pekovic is nothing special your gm wanted to trade him and Dwill for Pau and the Lakers turned them down.

AQuintus

General Manager
And1: 1,571

Post#333 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:40 am by torotoe

Chandler, brewer, mozgov, koufos for gasol, cheapest contracts on la.

Improved starting lineup and bench for la. Chandler at the 4 is a better fit than Pau. Brewer would be 6th man. Mozgov, Koufos and Hill would all battle for minutes. Chandler had his best days with D'antoni.

Denver gets Pau for bench players because of the money, and the fact that Pau has regressed. Now that it's the 15th, this trade is possible.
Norma Wick wrote: if rubio was african-american like them there wouldn't even be a debate over who's better, he would be the clear cut best out of all of them.
torotoe
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Post#334 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:22 am by SCourGe OF GoD

torotoe wrote:Chandler, brewer, mozgov, koufos for gasol, cheapest contracts on la.

Improved starting lineup and bench for la. Chandler at the 4 is a better fit than Pau. Brewer would be 6th man. Mozgov, Koufos and Hill would all battle for minutes. Chandler had his best days with D'antoni.

Denver gets Pau for bench players because of the money, and the fact that Pau has regressed. Now that it's the 15th, this trade is possible.

Would prefer the Minnesota offer. Any Denver deal has to start with Gallo or we aint listening

JR : Next Gen
SCourGe OF GoD

Assistant Coach
And1: 49

Post#335 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:23 pm by torotoe

GhostX wrote:
torotoe wrote:Chandler, brewer, mozgov, koufos for gasol, cheapest contracts on la.

Would prefer the Minnesota offer. Any Denver deal has to start with Gallo or we aint listening

Then it's a mutual feeling. Not a chance Denver trades Gallo for Gasol.
Norma Wick wrote: if rubio was african-american like them there wouldn't even be a debate over who's better, he would be the clear cut best out of all of them.
torotoe
Pro Prospect

Post#336 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:30 pm by inquisitive

i really think the raptors(barg/cald) trade is most realistic and likely should those two be still around by the trade deadline...today is the first day that many players can be traded...expect some trades going down this weekend around the league.

barg's contract is just 1 yr more than Pau's and much less $ wise. He can shoot as stretch 4. Cald would be more than adequate backup who is expiring. Fit wise and financially is probably the reason they get traded to Lakers. plus, the raptors are openly wanting to trade those guys.

Amare contract is just way too much and his injury history is not good though he would be a great fit in LA i think.

Lakers don't want Boozer's contract, but i think he would fit too, but LA isn't high on him.
9Muses - Kyungri stalking cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD85Rl1-20w
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 447

Post#337 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:49 pm by shrink

inquisitive wrote:Lakers don't want Boozer's contract, but i think he would fit too, but LA isn't high on him.

I was curious about that too. I think if the Lakers trade Gasol, they need to look for another productive vet who is also over-priced.

I never followed Pau rumors until they involved the wolves, so can someone educate me, and let me know if there have been anything official, or even rumored, and either team not wanting a deal starting between Gasol and Boozer?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#338 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:53 pm by jscott

GhostX wrote:

I hope you aren't referring to the PEK/DWill offer that was invented by Mark Stein cause you'll be waiting a while.
jscott
Rookie
And1: 28

Post#339 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:17 pm by SCourGe OF GoD

shrink wrote:
inquisitive wrote:Lakers don't want Boozer's contract, but i think he would fit too, but LA isn't high on him.

I was curious about that too. I think if the Lakers trade Gasol, they need to look for another productive vet who is also over-priced.

I never followed Pau rumors until they involved the wolves, so can someone educate me, and let me know if there have been anything official, or even rumored, and either team not wanting a deal starting between Gasol and Boozer?

Not that im aware of. Mitch would most likely need Deng which would be a deal breaker for the Bulls. Guys i hope we see a few deals go down soon maybe Monday at the earliest but i think if Pau's moved it will be maybe a a day or 2 before the deadline

SCourGe OF GoD

Assistant Coach

Post#340 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:20 pm by [RCG]

torotoe wrote:
GhostX wrote:Would prefer the Minnesota offer.

Then it's a mutual feeling.

:lol:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 134

Post#341 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:07 pm by SCourGe OF GoD

Rubio back tonight ..kahn/adelman can get a better feel for the team if they need pau or not

SCourGe OF GoD

Assistant Coach

Post#342 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:08 pm by PistolP

shrink wrote:I was curious about that too. I think if the Lakers trade Gasol, they need to look for another productive vet who is also over-priced.

Here you go:
The trade deadline is noon Thursday, and the Chicago Bulls became the most recent team to have discussions with the Lakers about Gasol.

The Bulls offered power forward Carlos Boozer and guard C.J. Watson, according to the Chicago Tribune, though the Lakers were not interested in Boozer's bloated contract (three more years, $47 million). Derrick Rose, last season's MVP, was not part of the conversation.

The Lakers countered by saying they would consider receiving at least two first-round picks, center Joakim Noah and another player believed to be Watson, according to a person familiar with the situation.

Neither team liked what the other proposed and the talks ended.

Link
PistolP
Veteran
And1: 84

Post#343 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:20 pm by shrink

PistolP wrote:
The Lakers countered by saying they would consider receiving at least two first-round picks, center Joakim Noah and another player believed to be Watson, according to a person familiar with the situation.

Link

Thanks PistolP!

Hard to believe this response, but if that's where the Lakers place Gasol's value, then I really doubt anyone's going to trade for him. Maybe that's for the best.
shrink
RealGM

Post#344 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by loserX

Derrick Rose, last season's MVP, was not part of the conversation.

LAST season's MVP?

EDIT -- oh, this is from the trade deadline last year. Well, Gasol's value is not now what it was then. I can't imagine the Lakers would still be thinking that's his value, but who knows.

That said, I still wouldn't trade Gasol for Boozer either. What problems does Boozer solve, other than not being Gasol?
loserX

Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,199

Post#345 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:35 pm by shrink

loserX wrote: EDIT -- oh, this is from the trade deadline last year. Well, Gasol's value is not now what it was then.

Thanks lx - I didn't notice the date either,
shrink
RealGM

Post#346 Re: R: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:36 pm by Alienware

Do you think is possible to put together a framework centered around Pau Gasol and Rudy Gay?
Alienware

Pro Prospect
And1: 74

Post#347 Re: R: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:51 pm by AQuintus

Alienware wrote:Do you think is possible to put together a framework centered around Pau Gasol and Rudy Gay?

No, since Gay is significantly more valuable than Gasol and Memphis is winning.
AQuintus

General Manager
And1: 1,571

Post#348 Re: R: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:17 pm by Alienware

AQuintus wrote:
Alienware wrote:Do you think is possible to put together a framework centered around Pau Gasol and Rudy Gay?

No, since Gay is significantly more valuable than Gasol and Memphis is winning.

Yeah, right now is probably late. Would have been a good idea when the common believe was that Rudy wasn't a good fit with Zach Randolph.
Alienware

Pro Prospect
And1: 74

Post#349 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:30 pm by torotoe

Taking the same offer from the previous page and including Toronto.

Chandler, mozgov, brewer and koufos for gasol, filler
Bargnani for Chandler, mozgov
Gasol, cheap filler for Bargnani, brewer, Koufos.
torotoe
Pro Prospect

Post#350 Re: The Pau Gasol Pickle
Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:13 pm by Cashin out

Gasol/Hill for Wallace/Humphries/Brooks?
Cashin out
Bench Warmer
And1: 12

PreviousNext

Return to Trades and Transactions