KOTB: Knicks-Raptors-Pistons

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

KOTB: Knicks-Raptors-Pistons 

Post#1 » by Mich3006 » Mon Nov 5, 2012 9:37 am

NYK out: Stoudemire
NYK in: Corey Maggette, Amir Johnson

TOR out: Calderon, Johnson
TOR in: Stoudemire

DET out: Maggette
DET in: Calderon

Knicks: Felton, Shumpert, Brewer, Anthony, Chandler (Kidd, Smith, Maggette, Johnson, Camby)
Raptors: Lowry, Fields, DeRozan, Stoudemire, Valanciunas (Lucas, Ross, Kleiza, Bargnani, Davis)
Pistons: Knight, Stuckey, Prince, Maxiell, Monroe (Calderon, English, Middleton, Jerebko, Drummond)

Why?
The Knicks get off Stat while they aquire an expiring contract and a hard working, solid rebounding player in Amir Johnson... The Raptors add a slasher to their lineup while it could be perfect to take Bargs on to 6th man spot... The Pistons aquire help on PG in Calderon, who could teach B-Knight how the be a "pass 1st" player
why22
Analyst
And1: 16

Re: Knicks-Raptors-Pistons 

Post#2 » by why22 » Mon Nov 5, 2012 1:56 pm

It would make the Raptors really crowded at the bigs so after this id look to bounce Andrea to the Rockets or whatever team to get a 3. I've always been an Amare fanboy though lol
Basketball_Jones wrote:BC holding Casey accountable would go like this:

BC: so I see you played Andrea quite a bit there when he was struggling
Casey: yeah I know, we needed spacing
BC: play him more (walks away)
SirHuey
General Manager
And1: 2,737

Post#3 » by SirHuey » Mon Nov 5, 2012 3:42 pm

No interest in Amare. Jose is an expiring, and Amir has a reasonable contract imo. If Knicks are gonna dump Amare on us, they have to send Shump too.
arbsn
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,627

Post#4 » by arbsn » Mon Nov 5, 2012 4:00 pm

Raptors need some 'insurance' for taking Stoudamire maybe future 1st rounder

Not sure why you'd include Detroit in the deal. They don't need another small guard.

Pistons say no, Raptors say no without a pick
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Post#5 » by SuperflyKnick » Mon Nov 5, 2012 4:37 pm

holy crap man !!! Ny is not going to trade Amare for Junk.... He is to good for that and now he will have time to heal and then has Kidd/Felton waiting to pass the ball to him not Douglas/Bibby lolzz.... Ill give the guy a break after his brother passed away last year. Its not easy losing ur loved one
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,353

Post#6 » by tdotrep2 » Mon Nov 5, 2012 5:38 pm

amares contract is junk and hes injured 50 pct of the time you can keep him, let him ruin the chemistry of the knicks.
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Post#7 » by SuperflyKnick » Mon Nov 5, 2012 6:05 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:amares contract is junk and hes injured 50 pct of the time you can keep him, let him ruin the chemistry of the knicks.

We will keep him .....good luck a Andrea as your 3.3 reb per game C/PF
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,105

Post#8 » by moocow007 » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:39 pm

I posted something about this (Knicks trading Stoudemire) on the Knicks board. Basically...it makes no sense for the Knicks to try to dump Stoudemire at this point. No team is going to give the Knicks what they would want for Stoudemire that would make sense for them. At which throwing every bit of remaining slim assets they have (Shumpert and any future picks whenever that is) to "dump" Stoudemire (to do what? get back at him for making fans angry by being hurt?) makes no sense at all.

They might as well just wait for him to come back and see where he's at. Even at 50% Stoudemire is better than some of the crap that they'd have to take in a "dump" type of trade. IF he comes back and can contribute (and reminder even playing like crap last season he basically averaged around 18/8) then great. IF not then what exactly are they going to lose at this point considering no team is going to offer anything of any use to them in a trade?
arbsn
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,627

Post#9 » by arbsn » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:48 pm

SuperflyKnick wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:amares contract is junk and hes injured 50 pct of the time you can keep him, let him ruin the chemistry of the knicks.

We will keep him .....good luck a Andrea as your 3.3 reb per game C/PF

I'd take Andrea any day of the week over Amare's uninsurable knees and rediculous contract

Andrea is an equally **** defender to Amare and an equally good offensive player.

Only thing Amare does better at this stage in his career is rebound. So fine, I'll sign a rebounding guy for the $10m/season difference in their contracts.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#10 » by RTM » Mon Nov 5, 2012 9:01 pm

Yes for Detroit. Corey shouldn't play with Prince and our younger talent (Singler, Jerebko), and we need a playmaker. I'd gladly take Jose.

Return to Trades and Transactions